The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The War on Terrorism & Homeland Security

Here we go again

Discuss the War on Terrorism, Homeland Security, Iraq, Afghanistan, North Korea and other global terrorist concerns.

Postby gudskepteacal » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:03 pm

I found this off of something Lashmar posted in the Welcome section...

http://www.infowars.com/tehran-dumps-dollar-for-euro/

I'm not making any predictions, but we remember what happened when Saddam's Iraq did the same thing. If not...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s2EZc7c5AE

It is a different situation, of course, but the big boys of oil can't be happy about this move.
"History records that the money changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and its issuance." - James Madison
User avatar
gudskepteacal
 
Posts: 532
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:16 am

Postby timewarp » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:07 am

I expect another war soon with Iran.I see sanctions have started already.
timewarp
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:59 am

Postby vulcan6gun » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:28 am

Depends on how stupid Iran's leadership chooses to be about trying to produce nukes. It's hard to judge by Ahmadinejad, people are forgetting he's not the 'boss' of Iran. We haven't heard squat from Ayatollah Ali Khameini, the guy that actually runs things.
Vulcan6gun

"Would you like your scientific research grilled, or roasted?"--Unknown Japanese whaler
User avatar
vulcan6gun
 
Posts: 830
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:29 pm
Location: Grid DB82, 4 kts, -12 meters

Postby timewarp » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:26 am

As we prepare for a barrage of anti-Iranian media spin, it would be good for anti-war activists to remember five basic facts:

One: There is absolutely no evidence that Iran is trying to develop a nuclear weapon.

Two: The U.S. has not discovered a “secret nuclear facility” in Iran.

Three: The recent Iranian tests of long-range missiles is a purely defensive exercise.

Four: Despite what we all have repeatedly heard, Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad does not deny the Holocaust.

Five: Iran has a lot of oil. A whole lot.

And the Russians and Chinese will not sit still and let the US simply take it.
timewarp
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:59 am

Postby inja » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:54 am

You guys realize that they are already trading in Euro's, Yen and other major currencies since 2007.
The Iranian Oil Bourse was officially opened the beginning of 2008.
China has been paying in euros since 2006 or 2007 can't remember exactly which year they started. The Japanese back than agreed to it as well and would pay in yen's. The Russians where in discussions to buy in Rubels. At this point the oil being produced and sold in a variety of different currencies or primarily euros is oil derived for feed stock. That was the the first phase......

This is the second phase coming up.

The only way this will become a reality for the Iranians is if they can maintain a support that will back them up and not back down over political pressure coming from the US/West.
Truth is stranger than fiction, because fiction has to make sense.
inja
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby gudskepteacal » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:16 pm

Thanks inja; that's good info. I knew they had been trading in other currencies, but I thought the move to start valuing the oil with euros instead of dollars was something worth mentioning.

inja wrote:The only way this will become a reality for the Iranians is if they can maintain a support that will back them up and not back down over political pressure coming from the US/West.


Any idea where that support would come from? Russia? China? Both?

timewarp wrote:As we prepare for a barrage of anti-Iranian media spin, it would be good for anti-war activists to remember five basic facts:

One: There is absolutely no evidence that Iran is trying to develop a nuclear weapon.


This may be true, but I would rather the evidence not be a mushroom cloud so should we just take their word for it?

timewarp wrote:Two: The U.S. has not discovered a “secret nuclear facility” in Iran.


Not to be a smart aleck, but if we had discovered one then it would cease to be a secret.

timewarp wrote:Three: The recent Iranian tests of long-range missiles is a purely defensive exercise.

Four: Despite what we all have repeatedly heard, Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad does not deny the Holocaust.

Five: Iran has a lot of oil. A whole lot.

And the Russians and Chinese will not sit still and let the US simply take it.


Three: see my response to point 1
Four: okay...but this would stop him from developing a nuclear weapon how?
Complete agreement on the rest.
"History records that the money changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and its issuance." - James Madison
User avatar
gudskepteacal
 
Posts: 532
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:16 am

Postby inja » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:04 pm

gudskepteacal wrote:Thanks inja; that's good info. I knew they had been trading in other currencies, but I thought the move to start valuing the oil with euros instead of dollars was something worth mentioning.

inja wrote:The only way this will become a reality for the Iranians is if they can maintain a support that will back them up and not back down over political pressure coming from the US/West.


Any idea where that support would come from? Russia? China? Both?


It is definitely worth mentioning. Yup I think support will come from China and Russia. However support from India will play a big role as well and at this point they have openly stated that they would support Iran with this move. I also think the main support needs to come from OPEC. I guess this is who I was thinking of when I said that they need to not back down from political pressure coming from the US or West. This move on behalf of Iran has real potential to change the world. It will hurt the dollar, our economy etc. We can either do what we always do and be the big bully and find a good reason to end up in a war.............or maybe (big maybe of course) we might decide to see the light of day and choose to become independent from oil or at least cut down on the consumption of oil.
Truth is stranger than fiction, because fiction has to make sense.
inja
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby MonarchSmile » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:12 am

inja wrote:
gudskepteacal wrote:Thanks inja; that's good info. I knew they had been trading in other currencies, but I thought the move to start valuing the oil with euros instead of dollars was something worth mentioning.

inja wrote:The only way this will become a reality for the Iranians is if they can maintain a support that will back them up and not back down over political pressure coming from the US/West.


Any idea where that support would come from? Russia? China? Both?


It is definitely worth mentioning. Yup I think support will come from China and Russia. However support from India will play a big role as well and at this point they have openly stated that they would support Iran with this move. I also think the main support needs to come from OPEC. I guess this is who I was thinking of when I said that they need to not back down from political pressure coming from the US or West. This move on behalf of Iran has real potential to change the world. It will hurt the dollar, our economy etc. We can either do what we always do and be the big bully and find a good reason to end up in a war.............or maybe (big maybe of course) we might decide to see the light of day and choose to become independent from oil or at least cut down on the consumption of oil.


Smart woman are sexy

http://www.feasta.org/documents/papers/oil1.htm

:D
MonarchSmile
 
Posts: 1593
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:25 am

Postby inja » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:03 pm




That article goes of course in greater detail than I did...but my line of thought is right in line with what it states.

I said it years ago and I pretty much still am of the same opinion. Power is like a seesaw and it eventually swaps hands. Who is the next runner up if the US prefers to remain with it's old strategy. I think it is becoming increasingly outdated.
Military might is not necessarily the definite winner in today's world.
Truth is stranger than fiction, because fiction has to make sense.
inja
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:54 am

Postby gudskepteacal » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:59 pm

MonarchSmile wrote:Smart woman are sexy

http://www.feasta.org/documents/papers/oil1.htm
:D


Now that's what I'm talking about! ON TOPIC
Good job MS!! :P :)

inja wrote:Military might is not necessarily the definite winner in today's world.


Are you referring to financial might or the international court of public opinion maybe?
"History records that the money changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and its issuance." - James Madison
User avatar
gudskepteacal
 
Posts: 532
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:16 am

Next

Return to The War on Terrorism & Homeland Security

cron
  • View new posts
  • View unanswered posts
  • Who is online
  • In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 10 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 292 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:19 pm
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest