The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

World Politics

ACORN got caught...

This section is designed for foreign politics, outside the United States. The Black Vault serves many different countries, and this forum will hold threads regarding world politics, events, etc.

Postby vulcan6gun » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:56 am

At least once, anyway. Predictably, they sacrificed two of their own to 'save face'. Here's the scoop:

AP wrote:ACORN fires 2 after hidden-camera footage aired

Published - Sep 10 2009 08:53PM EDT

The group ACORN has fired two employees who were seen on hidden-camera video giving tax advice to a man posing as a pimp and a woman who pretended to be a prostitute.

Fox News Channel broadcast excerpts from the video Thursday. On the video, a man and woman visiting ACORN's Baltimore office asked about buying a house and how to account on tax forms for the woman's income. An ACORN employee advised the woman to list her occupation as "performance artist." The pair also claimed they planned to employ teenage girls from central America as prostitutes, and an ACORN employee suggested that up to three of the girls could be claimed as dependents, according to transcripts of the video posted online by conservative activist James O'Keefe.

O'Keefe told Fox he posed as the pimp and that he was shocked by the ACORN employees' helpfulness. In a statement, ACORN Maryland board member Margaret Williams said the video was an attempt to smear ACORN, and that undercover teams attempted similar setups in at least three other ACORN offices. Williams said no tax returns were filed and no assistance was provided.

ACORN _ which stands for the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now _ advocates for poor people. It conducted a massive voter registration effort last year and became a target of conservatives when some employees were accused of submitting false registration forms with names such as "Mickey Mouse." ACORN has said only a handful of employees submitted false registration forms and did so in a bid to boost their pay.

On its Web site, Fox News reported that the videotape was made public Thursday on a political blog, BigGovernment.com.
Vulcan6gun

"Would you like your scientific research grilled, or roasted?"--Unknown Japanese whaler
vulcan6gun

Postby BloodStone » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:50 am

Lets get the Federal investigation going now !

after all if it's good enough to investigate the CIA, certainly it is good enough for ACORN.

BloodStone...
If it were raining hookers, I'd get hit by a fag.
BloodStone

Postby Nesaie » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:33 am

I've heard a lot of complaints about ACORN. Where did this organization come from so suddenly? I guess I just don't know a lot about them. What is their purpose? Who funds them?
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby vulcan6gun » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:01 pm

http://www.acorn.org/index.php?id=2712

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=NDZiMjkwMDczZWI5ODdjOWYxZTIzZGIyNzEyMjE0ODI=

There's lots more links, both for and against the group. Basically it's a political action group with theoretical origins in the mid-70s that claims to represent poor and/or oppressed Americans. I feel actions speak louder than words, and on that basis, IMHO ACORN is just one more self-serving bunch of politicians and rabble-rousers that like to stir up trouble and disappear when they can. Sort of 'guerilla politicians', as it were.

Let me evolve that a bit: squirrely acting people that employ guerrilla tactics and call themselves ACORN. Guerrilla squirrels?
Attachments
bigs.jpg
bigs.jpg (32.44 KiB) Viewed 642 times
Vulcan6gun

"Would you like your scientific research grilled, or roasted?"--Unknown Japanese whaler
vulcan6gun

Return to World Politics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts