The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Government and Political Conspiracies

Apollo moon pictures

Throughout time, there have been countless government and political conspiracies that have kept us wondering. This forum is dedicated to that very topic. Got a conspiracy theory of your own? Post it, and try to back it up as best you can!

Postby pj_whoopee » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:56 am

I came across a couple of moon landing pictures that appeared to show wires running along the ground of the moon. Does anyone know if we used "wired" things on the moon? I have never come across this before and I am a picture junkie for space photos. I can post one if it is shown to be unusual.

Thanks in advance for any help in clearing this matter up.

pj
pj_whoopee

Postby jaydeehess » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:27 am

pj_whoopee wrote:I came across a couple of moon landing pictures that appeared to show wires running along the ground of the moon. Does anyone know if we used "wired" things on the moon? I have never come across this before and I am a picture junkie for space photos. I can post one if it is shown to be unusual.

Thanks in advance for any help in clearing this matter up.

pj

IIRC some of the experiments were wired to the lander. Iwill get back to you after I research it better.

Which mission (landing) were these pictures from?
Could you post a link to the pictures or tell us where you saw them?
Math, science, history unraveling the mystery, that all started with a Big Bang.....BANG!!
jaydeehess

Postby pj_whoopee » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:34 pm

this is the link to the picture. the wire is running in front of the flag at the pole base. i am trying to find the 2nd picture and the site.

http://yfrog.com/5g021apollo11as11405905faj
pj_whoopee

Postby greeney2 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:10 am

I did a little checking, and in pictures and illustrations I see they illustrate a cord coming out of a box they worked from at ground level. I believe some of the things I also saw were a possible solar panal 20 feet or so away, and we know they had a camera set up on the ground, possibly radar or other equipement anntenna things, aimed for communication back to the command module orbiting, and I think they may have all had hard wiring cords back to the LEM. I don;t think we had a lot of wireless technology in the late 60's, so cords were probably nessessary.
greeney2

Postby jaydeehess » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:29 am

I asked about and received the following info from several other people.

What about the heat flow experiment? When Charlie Duke was deploying it on Apollo 16, he specifically mentioned that, "The probe is in the left hand, and the wires are not crossed."
http://history.nasa.gov/alsj/a16/a16.heatflow.html

For Apollo 17, "At the end of the first EVA, Cernan used the Rover to draw two sets of tracks which crossed each other at right angles and upon which he and Schmitt then laid out antenna wires for the SEP's radio-frequency transmitter."
http://history.nasa.gov/alsj/a17/a17.summary.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Apollo 11 TV camera was attached to the LM with a cable. The guys kept snagging their boots on it.

The Apollo missions also had miniature power plants called the SNAP-27 radioisotope thermoelectric generator which they left on the moon's surface. Cables from these mini power plants powered the various scientific experiments left on the moon. See:

http://www.nasm.si.edu/exhibitions/attm/la.s27.1.html

as well as the page after that by clicking on the Next button in the page.

The SNAP-27 RTGs powered the ALSEP experiments, which were deployed over a span up to roughly 100 meters. The central station was connected to the RTG a short distance away, and to the various other experiments, by cables. ALSEPs were deployed on Apollo 12, 14, 15, 16, and 17, and operated until they were shut down in 1977.

There are even jokes about wires on the ground:

Apollo 17 - EVA-1 - Sep site - Antennae Problems
122:56:51 Schmitt: Okay, I won't bore you with details on why you see the antenna all over the ground (chuckles), but it has to do with one-sixth g.
122:57:10 Parker: Roger, Jack. Understand you dropped a couple of the antenna reels.
[In Houston, Bob is being told that the antenna reels and wires can rapidly become a "Chinese Puzzle" unless they are untangled very carefully.]
122:57:13 Schmitt: ...More accurately, I dropped three of them.

And five minutes later:

Apollo 17 - EVA-1 - Sep site - More Antennae Problems
123:02:28 [Jack heads south; Gene drops his antenna.]
123:02:29 Cernan: Oh, (sub-vocally) [bad word deleted]...
123:02:34 Schmitt: (Taunting) Ha, ha, ha. Ha, ha, ha. Serves you right.
[Jack returns to the transmitter; Gene retrieves the antenna with his tongs.]

Math, science, history unraveling the mystery, that all started with a Big Bang.....BANG!!
jaydeehess

Postby jaydeehess » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:39 pm

pj? you still around?
jaydeehess

Postby MonarchSmile » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:02 pm

jaydeehess wrote:pj? you still around?

I saw him looking at Lash's moonshots, last I know.
:D
MonarchSmile

Postby Rob72 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:04 pm

People forget that once upon a time cables were needed to hook up virtually everything... A cable being present on the moon is not a big deal.

Show me a man on the moon with his helmet off drinking some Tang, then we'll talk.
Rob72

Postby Cole_Trickle » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:26 am

The computer that guided the Astronot's to the moon and back wasn't as powerful or capable as some of the ECM's used in today's average Automobile. 40 years ago :lol: just utterly amazing that people can't or simply won't give that some serious thought, maybe they're not capable of such.

Nothing disturbed under the " WHATEVER " you call it. Is that areal pic from the surface of the moon?

The Flag in this pic isn't casting a shadow. Amazing. Is it real?

I love NASA's explanation :lol: :roll:

Dumbfounded by science. :lol: :lol: Spoonful's of medicine, or too much ACID but surely something.

Now they say they've found water, they call it a game changer. :lol: :lol:

Pretty good article here, I especially love the survey numbers. ;)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-storie ... -21123653/

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby greeney2 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:15 am

Is he planting Thermite under the LEM for blastoff? :lol:
greeney2

Next

Return to Government and Political Conspiracies

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts