The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

New Member Introductions

ATS Refugee - Had to leave ATS to "deny ignorance"

Once you're familiar with the rules in the previous forum, please enter this forum and tell the community a bit about yourself!

Postby DezertSkies » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:49 pm

Hey all, i decided to come hang out with you guys, ATS just plain sucks these days.

I've been a member "over there" for over 4 years and have been lurking there for a while. I finally did some searching and found TBV, ironically from a post on ATS :P

I just want to get away from the lies, hypocrisy, drama, and general idiocy that permeates the ATS boards.

And one question, how do i view all active topics/most recent posts on the board? [edit - i found it!]

I hope to be able to engage in some intelligent discussion about real topics with more discussion and less distraction.

PEace
DezertSkies

Postby Lashmar » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:09 am

Hello. :D

Nice to have you on board. :) There seems to be lots of defectors from ATS, is it really that bad over there? :?

Anyway what sort of topics are you interested in?
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby DezertSkies » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:50 am

Has there really been that many coming over? Yeah it's getting pretty bad with the censorship, and lately it's just a flood of nonsense. OMG I SAW A ALIEN IN MY PICKLE JAR! type posts prevail, and any serious discussion of anything is gone.

I'll post in any topic i feel i can add something worthwhile to, but over there i pretty much paid attention to the survival and metaphysics forums, everything else is a flood of ignorance anymore, it's a circus, not a discussion board.

That, and it just takes too much bandwidth, too much useless stuff. I never used 90% of the stuff on there, it's a huge waste, and it's not what it used to be before they went "dark" :roll:

But anyways, glad to be here!
DezertSkies

Postby rath » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:57 am

Welcome.
rath

Postby Lashmar » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:34 pm

DezertSkies wrote:Has there really been that many coming over? Yeah it's getting pretty bad with the censorship, and lately it's just a flood of nonsense. OMG I SAW A ALIEN IN MY PICKLE JAR! type posts prevail, and any serious discussion of anything is gone.

It's not so much the amount of people coming from there but the amount of people leaving. Mike, Mr. Top Secret, and a few others left there to set up another board. He said almost the same as you oddly, crap posts flood the place and the good ones get pushed to the bottom.

I'll post in any topic i feel i can add something worthwhile to, but over there i pretty much paid attention to the survival and metaphysics forums,

I may be a bit rusty on my metaphysics but I'll try and keep up. :P :D :lol:

I see Rathy trying to get his post count up again. :roll: :lol: :lol:
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby BornAquarius » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:01 pm

DezertSkies I wondered how to look at new posts also, you have to change from the default view to light view.....
"I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it." -- Klaatu in 'The Day the Earth Stood Still'
BornAquarius

Return to New Member Introductions

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts