The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Things G-d Cannot Do.

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby screamzero » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:01 pm

When we consider God, a being that is almighty who created everything that existed we don't usually think that there are things God cannot do. There are many things man can’t do, but there are also things God can’t do. That’s right God can’t do all things. It is not because He is unable to, that He is limited in power in any way. It is because of who He is in nature. There are guidelines that even God cannot step over. For example God cannot be God and not be God at the same time. He cannot create another God from a creature that would be made equal with himself. The secondary God would be derived from and dependent on the first so it would be finite. Since he had a beginning it could not be as powerful as its originator. One of the first requirements for being God is to be be infinite and eternal, so a created god does not qualify for the job description of being God.
http://www.letusreason.org/Apolo2.htm
screamzero

Postby humphreys » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:30 pm

Does God know the future, and, can God interact with our world?

Lastly, does he have free will?
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby Nesaie » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:06 pm

OMFG!!! :shock: :o You spelled God with an 'o'!

I'm so proud screamer. :D
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby Dark-Samus » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:27 pm

I guess that´s why Satan betrayed God, because he found a weakness in God. :lol: :roll: :lol:

While I´ll destroy them both oh yeah.
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby Lashmar » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:37 pm

humphreys wrote:Lastly, does he have free will?

No because he'll have a god himself. ;)
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby humphreys » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:49 am

Can God create a poop so large, and dense, that He himself cannot pass it?
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby fortwynt » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:30 am

Yet there are many things, as the bible admits, that are (g)ods. Lesser beings who "seem" god-like to mankind, but are not "the" (G)od.
fortwynt

Postby fortwynt » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:36 am

It is interesting, because I don't believe God sees the future....well not in the way we imagine someone sees the future, as if it were a foregone conclusion, like a book we can just skip ahead a few pages and read or something.

I believe that part of Gods nature is that God is, sort of, the perfect realization of cause and effect in the universe. One who can take an initial event and perfectly see the end result of that cause and effect chain to the ultimate end.

It is in this way that I think we can have free will (more or less) yet have God who knows all things (in a manner of speaking)....I think "free will" is the variabe that God allows that exceeds his "control"....

However, it is a difficult thing for a man to go against his tendancies or nature, so in this manner God may very well be able to perfectly perceive what the end result of mans actions will be, but I don't think that MUST be the outcome...one could at any time alter ones course and change ones entire outcome.
fortwynt

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:08 am

I don't believe in Pre destiny. Funny but I just did a post on the same subject. {great minds think alike?} Lol.
I believe we are all created as "experience'rs" or extentions of God who through each of us, and all of creation experiences.

Postby NativeAlien » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:13 am

Did God create us from something new that he created specifically for the job? Or did He/She/It create us using a part of Itself?
"Son, you're about as useful as a poopie-flavoured lollipop"

Patches O'Houlihan
NativeAlien

Next

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts