The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

World Politics

politics is the art of deception

This section is designed for foreign politics, outside the United States. The Black Vault serves many different countries, and this forum will hold threads regarding world politics, events, etc.

Postby newinitiation » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:23 am

The politicians are adept at cunning sophistry, guile, deception, con, lies, fabrication, dishonesty and unscrupulous exploitation of intellect for self regarding interests.
Power is a dirty word but dirty the pollies have to play, there is no other way to be a pollie.
newinitiation

Postby greeney2 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:45 pm

They sound just like you! Say a bunch of generalized nothing that makes them nod their heads you are right, and they think you are smartest thing on earth. If 6 out of every 10 don't know you said nothing, you are ahead of the game. So far, more than 40% here thinks you are full of boloney, myself included. :lol:
greeney2

Postby Tairaa » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:06 am

Warfare is the art of deception.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby greeney2 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:50 am

Warfare is having a better stratagy, and being a better shot. :lol:
greeney2

Postby Lashmar » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:58 am

greeney2 wrote:Warfare is having a better stratagy, and being a better shot. :lol:

And more numbers. That's how most wars are won.

Unless you’re the SAS then numbers means nothing. Something like 15 or 20 SAS held off 1000 Africans. I can’t remember what country that was in, I’ll look it up for you.
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Tairaa » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:39 am

Well, Greeney, all of those thing help out a great deal. But deception is a really good way to ensure those conditions are met.

"Make you enemy think you are small if you are large, and make him think you are large, should you be small"
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby greeney2 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:44 pm

Steath bombers and fighers are the ultimate in deception! Just when you think its a nice quiet night out, they just launched about 25 cruise missiles, and are closing in in total darkness.
greeney2

Postby Tairaa » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:53 pm

lol

Yeah, no kidding.

They're black, quite, and invisible to radar. Definitely the ultimate in deception.
Tairaa

Postby Lashmar » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:23 am

Tairaa wrote:They're black, quite, and invisible to radar. Definitely the ultimate in deception.

Black ninjas would be pretty good. You can see them in the dark anyway so you add the ninja part and you’ve got someone who could disappear in daylight as well. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just when you think its a nice quiet night out, they just launched about 25 cruise missiles...

If it an American aeroplane: …And hit a wedding or small village. ;) :lol: :lol:
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Tairaa » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:27 am

Or a Canadian convoy, featuring Canadian flags on Canadian Army vehicles.

And Ninjas... Yeah, in their time they were the ultimate deceptive weapon. BUT the difference is that it takes several people a whole lifetime of hardcore dedication and extended natural selection to get well trained ninjas like the ones you see in exaggerated movies.

Whereas an AF pilot doesn't require a whole life of insanely difficult conditioning to fire ordinance.
NOT to say that AF pilots don't have difficult conditioning, which does take a long time. But it's still easier then warriors of the past had to go through in order to be the best of the best. The difference is nowadays it's not who tries harder, it's who has the best weapons.
Tairaa

Next

Return to World Politics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts