The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Religion is a lie

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby MonarchSmile » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:10 am

greeney2 wrote:
I don't do god
I thought about it

Don't forget to think about it again, Its an ongoing process, and the door is never locked just becasue you closed it. :lol:

watch out for swinging doors
my butt hurts

:D
MonarchSmile

Postby MonarchSmile » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:16 pm

What is your favorite natural(nature wise) power point?
MonarchSmile

Postby gudskepteacal » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:19 pm

MonarchSmile wrote:What is your favorite natural(nature wise) power point?

What is your meaning MS and how does it relate to the topic of religion being a lie?
"History records that the money changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and its issuance." - James Madison
gudskepteacal

Postby frrostedman » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:55 pm

gudskepteacal wrote:
MonarchSmile wrote:What is your favorite natural(nature wise) power point?

What is your meaning MS and how does it relate to the topic of religion being a lie?

Looks like spam for Microsoft Office products to me.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby gudskepteacal » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:07 pm

Thanks for that Outlook frosty. MS seems to Excel in undecipherable spam.

sorry...it just fell together
"History records that the money changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and its issuance." - James Madison
gudskepteacal

Postby frrostedman » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:22 pm

gudskepteacal wrote:Thanks for that Outlook frosty. MS seems to Excel in undecipherable spam.

sorry...it just fell together

LOL! Perfect! Well done.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby waltfoster1 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:23 pm

I am not sure if this is putting down all religions or what. I am by choice a Wiccan (a pagan faith to thoes who may not know). I was raised a Catholic, but learned at an early age that there was something wrong with thoes in charge. Not only the pedophilia, but also the mind control that goes into their teachings. I also had a problem that it was essentially for the men and women seemed to basically for breeding and drudge work. No balance! I found the same conditions in all of the christian faiths that I studied, as well as jewish and muslim teachings. I am a western man, so the eastern philosophy's did not talk to me. So going back to my celtic roots, I CHOSE to be Wiccan. This is not for the faint of heart, as it is a religion of priests and priestess'. One must take full responsiblilty for ones actions, not gods will allowed. I am not trying for converts, just possibly a different point of view to share.
waltfoster1

Postby fortwynt » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:57 pm

I found, in my life experience in and out of various christian churches, that mostly the men were very kind to their wives, almost to a fault, and the women were more than happy to be involved in the religion and were completely comfortable with their role as they perceived it to be defined by their religion.

For instance, we might see women in Islam and say 'wow look how subserviant they are to the man' or 'wow i can't imagine how tortuous their existence is', and then i look at, say, the pentacostal church (one of the more prominent ones i was heavily involved in), and see women in much the same position (perhaps not as "extreme" but quite similar in scope), and think the same things...."how oppressed" they must be and all that....but honestly, for 80 or 90 percent of them I would say that they do not feel this way about themselves at all, and are more than willing, even happy, to live their lives this way because it's what they believe in.

Brainwashed, those? Guess one could argue that, but I'm just saying this was never my experience.

Certainly a religion than some males have adopted a "male is most important" attitude about, but I don't think the religion itself speaks to that. Everything I've ever read seemed to suggest that the male had just as much responsibility to make his wife happy and be a partner, not an official.
fortwynt

Postby MonarchSmile » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:57 am

Fort,
It is easy to google up statistics.
http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_dira.htm

If you are curious about these issues there is a lot of information out there.
MonarchSmile

Previous

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts