The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The War on Terrorism & Homeland Security

Why are we fighting in Afghanistan? What's the goal?

Discuss the War on Terrorism, Homeland Security, Iraq, Afghanistan, North Korea and other global terrorist concerns.

Postby hxxx » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:51 pm

C'mon. Really. There must be quite sensible, logical reasons/goals. For example, resources.

WTF is this?:

An Afghan bill allowing a husband to starve his wife if she refuses to have sex has been published in the official gazette and become law.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/8204207.stm

Our guy Karzai presided over this?!?

What kind of people want legislation obligating anyone to engage in nonconsensual sex?

This is how they treat their wives?

If this is how the gov't elected under our watch behaves, WTF are we doing there?
hxxx

Postby Dark-Samus » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:16 am

What is the goal of USA?

To enslave all others, it doesn´t become any more obvious than that.

Too bad it won´t succed though. :twisted:
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby vulcan6gun » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:06 am

Chill, guys. We leave as much unchanged as we can (and still achieve the original goals). So now one of you whines about the quality of people we allow to stay in power, while another claims we must be trying to enslave the world? Fine, try this one for size:

Belay that senseless banter, slaves! Heave that hawser lest you meet your makers! :twisted:

Ooh, hey, that came kinda natural! Can I do it again? Can I do it again, please? Please? ;) :lol:
Vulcan6gun

"Would you like your scientific research grilled, or roasted?"--Unknown Japanese whaler
vulcan6gun

Postby Cole_Trickle » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:36 am

Just worry about getting yo ass up that hill Private! :lol:

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby Tairaa » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:12 am

We shouldn't be there if they are doing stuff like this and incorporating it to law.

Bottom line is we are there because the Taliban-controlled Afghanistan was a human rights issue, now the government we are forcibly holding together is doing the same thing.

Either we should forcibly dissolve the current government and just say "Ok, you're now a colony of the commonwealth, we're staying here forever and governing you since you clearly don't know how to do it on your own" or pull out.

Since we obviously aren't going to set up a dictatorship (god forbid :roll: ) I say we pull out.

There is NO sense in our young men fighting and dying so that they can just do exactly what they are fighting to prevent with the blessings of our governments.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Cole_Trickle » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:24 am

100% agreed purely a political football under the guise of trumped up security issues. Soon the people will have enough of it, oh wait~~it's not health care and it's some 9,000 plus miles away. Forgive me. Carry on! :lol: :lol: Now where did I put that remote? :P

Cole

PS. SERIOUSLY " BRING EM HOME "
Cole_Trickle

Postby inja » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:20 pm

Bottom line is we are there because the Taliban-controlled Afghanistan was a human rights issue

We do not go to war for "Human Rights Issues". Never have.

We went there because of 9/11
Because they chose to ignore our demands on handing over Bin Laden
To destroy Al-Quaeda
To stop the Opium production (this ones pretty funny)
Not to mention the prospect of oil....which turned into a doozy

We slapped the Taliban down out of power....which are now back on the rise

Afghanistan was already nothing more than rubble and with our attack (justified or not) it became dust. Since Bin Laden was not captured, Al-Qaeda not destroyed and the opium industry flowing once again...as well as the Taliban doing fairly well again...I can't imagine why you believe we are there for human rights issues. Rebuilding and restructuring a country after being involved in warfare....and as we know they still are in the midst of warfare....is only a natural process not a humanitarian crisis we wanted to help change.

In this whole messy affair I only place value on the schools that are being built where both genders get to attend. The right to education for both sexes in my view is the only real hope the Afghans have to make a difference within their own country. I simply hope that we can help establish this over the long run.
Truth is stranger than fiction, because fiction has to make sense.
inja

Postby Tairaa » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:28 pm

Canada is in Afghanistan for Afghanistans national stability, which includes safety and standard of living for their people.

Our stated mission does NOT mention anything about OUR security, and if it did it would be lying in the same way that if your stated mission is your security it would be a lie.

We are there to support the construction and development of their infrastructure, especially education for both genders. On that note, out stated mission is being directly undone by the very government which is currently being forcibly maintained. They are doing the same things the Taliban did that was in the news to rally Canadian support for the mission.

Officially, our efforts are "directed toward efforts to benefit the people of that province. [Kandahar]"
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby inja » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:56 pm

Your from Canada?

As I already stated no country enters into a war for humanitarian reasons. Not even Canada.
Striking Afghanistan represented an international voice against “terrorism” not for Humanitarianism.

So I looked up Canada and their role in Afghanistan and their main objective entering into this war a bit closer:

Defend Canada's national interests;
Ensure Canadian leadership in world affairs; and
Help Afghanistan rebuild.

Rebuilding is last in line. That’s pretty typical. First smash than utilize and invest millions of dollars or Canadian dollars to rebuild. It’s a lucrative business.

Your official statement of rebuilding Afghanistan only came recently about and your country (if you are from Canada) has committed themselves to accomplish certain goals by 2011. Let us hope they will be maintained and continue to flourish afterward.

Have you read the Manley panel's report? Came out last January, 2008. I glanced over it only so I am not claiming to be an expert. However your restructuring of Kandahar as important as it may be is only a small portion of Canada’s commitment to Afghanistan. You are militarily involved and Afghanistan is a volatile area and no matter how much rebuilding at this time seems to be in the foreground….Canada’s mission is two fold….secure and rebuild. "Securing" being the bigger word here. You can't rebuild without securing and maintaining the security. And since securing is part of Canada's mission it is not simply only about rebuilding. Securing is about national interest....which in turn includes Canada's security. And national interest....entails usually a lot more than security.

Kudos to Canada they have invested the most money to rebuilding and wanting to help build a democracy.

As a side note I read that you guys broke the record for the kill record for a long distance sniper kill. The record before that was in the Vietnam war set by a US Marine.

Anyway like I said I was a bit confused where your statement came from. I didn’t realize you where from Canada and so we where both taking a stand point from two different countries since I am not from Canada. However I must admit you haven’t changed my mind about why countries enter into war….there is a real method to that madness and Canada is not the exception.
Truth is stranger than fiction, because fiction has to make sense.
inja

Postby Tairaa » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:20 pm

Of course we aren't the exception, BUT out stated mission is what was used to get the people to agree to the invasion. And since this stated mission is being undone by out being there, we should NOT be staying there.

Of course the fact that we are is proof that you're infact correct in that we didn't ACTUALLY go in with the intent on making things better, I'm not that naive. But I'm pissed off that our young men (and women perhaps also) are fighting, dying, and coming home physically disabled or mentally hurt in the belief that they are fighting for something that they are actually directly fighting against. How are they able to do that? Say one thing and then ignore it when it turns out exactly the opposite is being accomplished? Why don't people stand up and say "Hey, buddy.. Why are you keeping our boys there? This is directly against what you said we are there for you bullshitter! In fact you are a liar, and those lies resulted in 127 deaths in Afghanistan so you and any others involved should be charge with conspiring to murder and involuntary man slaughter of 127 servicemen."

Instead we (my countrymen) just kind of either don't give a sh*t, don't know, or don't know what to do, and why it's not being done by someone. Someone who knows. Someone must know?

As a side note I read that you guys broke the record for the kill record for a long distance sniper kill.

Yes, I believe so.
Tairaa

Next

Return to The War on Terrorism & Homeland Security

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts