The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Other Paranormal and Occult

Sleep paralysis

The paranormal and occult have many sides, discuss all other paranormal/occult topics that don't fit anywhere else.

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:01 pm

Hi,

I used to have a lot of sleep paralysis episodes in my twenties. I learned how to deal with them by prayer, some people think they are attacks by a demon, who knows? I just learned prayer worked and used it, and then getting out of bed right away. They slowly went away. I read that this happens to most people who have them, and that by the time a person is in their 50's they never happen.

Last week I had one, same old thing, unable to move, a feeling of a evil presence in the room, if your familiar with the subject its not a pleasant experience. I haven't had one in many years. I've had OBE's too, but this is something else.

My question is: why would I have one at my age? I'm 52. Am I unique? Does this mean somethings wrong with me psychotically? I researched it online and could not find any answers. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Postby bionic » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:23 am

Same here.

I don't get them anymore..but there was a time it happened a-lot.

Often I would feel another presence when it happened..soemtimes they would even be touchign me and that is what actually woke me up..I'd feel them but not be able to move.

I found relaxing and allowing myself to go back to sleep usually worked fine.

But there were, particulalry one case in which there was soem kind of evil seeming presence that kept returning.
it went on for a month or two and I had begun to fear sleep.
I found in my case, too, like yours, that prayer is what made it go away (I began repeating the Lord's prayer over and over when it came around)..angrily..but it did go away.

I think it was the self empowerment that finally saved me..I stood up to it

Since that time I found sending out love also makes them run away from you..they can't handle love..those types of spirits/demons or whatever they are.

That's when it really stopped..once I figured out that secret.

They don't bother with me because they know it means getting a love injection/infusion which is just too much..too real for them..because they are still too angry/hurt/striking out/hurting..caught up in that reality

Also.. I would tell them off and remind them that I might be physical and vulnerable now but I won;t always be and they could go on my list of people to visit once I have crossed over.
Fight might with might.

A mix of all that worked in the past.

About your question..
Maybe it has something to do with menopause?
You know how hormones and this stuff are related...puberty..etc..
Hormone changes can heighten psychic energy..so maybe yours is peaking again and you are either seeing stuff you could innately block out for a while..or your energy is louder right now and attracting some attention?

Maybe you caught something's eye in its waunderings and you will simply have to show it that it's messing with the wrong lady.
Like you, I haven't had it happen in a long while..but in the back of my mind I am aware it could..and if it does..I will be ready..from experience..like you..I'm sure.

These encounters are just like encountering predatorial people..you can go on a long time not having such an encounter happen..and then you come across some a-hole..out of the blue..and at first you might be out of practice..caught of guard..but then you get your game on and they realize they have decided to pick on the wrong person.

good luck to you with it..I pity the fool creature tha thas decided to mess with you..
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby bionic » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:41 am

You know what?
You didn't mention wether it was messing with you or not.
I assumed it was.

If it was then what I said before applies.

But there is the chance that it was just a curious spirit..or non corporal creature..maybe even a guide. Maybe your hormonal driven heightened awareness right now allowed you to be aware.?
Heck, it might have even just been a remote veiwer or skin walker checking in on you..another, very psychic person spying on you. (or maybe even..them..you know..litle bald, big headed persons)

just speculating..

If that's the case, depending on how you feel, you could either add energy or subtract energy to the situation.

draw it in more and ask questions or politely ask it to leave you be..as you're not into all that.

I see you did mention it felt evil..oh well..I'll leave this post here, anyway..in case it is of soem use to you or anybody else who might need it.

:)

Maybe you need to sage your house? Or light up a cigar?
Do a cleasing prayer/ritual or soemthing liek that..just in case.

energy goes where and how it's directed..if bad mojo is trying to rise around you..I say nip it in the bud
Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:31 pm

Thanks so much for your response bionic.

I feel better just knowing it has happened to someone else! I've read it happens to about 1 in 5 people,and it can run in family's. My Mom said she has had some scary dreams but don't remember being paralyzed. I think if it was a dream it wouldn't be so scary. The fact that I'm awake is what makes it more fearful.

Mine started as a kid, and went right through to my twenties. I'm glad I don't have them anymore like I used to, and having this one shook me up. I've been having menopause symptoms for a few years now, so who knows? It could have something to do with the hormonal changes. If it has anything to do with the brain then hormones must have a impact.

Its been a week now since it happened so I'm crossing my fingers and hoping it was a "pass by" like you mentioned. I never tried sending out love, but it makes sense it would send something evil running! The way prayer works makes me think its a spiritual type of attack. I've heard of people using sleep paralysis as a stepping stone to an out of body experience...no thanks! The OBE's I've had have never come out of one of these experiences, they mostly come after having regular dreams.

I've never seen any creatures when I've had attacks, but I feel their presence, I think if I could just turn my head I'd see something! The fact that my body is paralysed makes me think that if it is a spiritual attack these "demons" must be to weak to face a head on fight.

I also had a period in my life where it seemed every night was a battle. Mid twenties I think it was. After so many attacks, I figured out these things could only go so far. I would hear a loud buzzing inside my head at times but I was never touched, even though I actually felt the breath of something on the back of my neck a few times. Once I went with it, just thinking to myself "bring it on" but all that happened was I "blacked out" and woke up the next morning with no memories of what happened afterward.

You post made me feel much better, more empowered, and not so alone. Its good to be able to talk to another person who this has happened to and not just read about it online. I think I needed to be reminded that I have the power to protect myself!

Item7

Postby bionic » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:02 am

Hey...
I relate..I SO relate
Hang in there..I say that to you..and to me..and to anyone that needs to hear it.
The "path less chosen" is not an easy one..hence the reason it is less chosen, right?
F it!!
worriers/warriors!!
Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

Postby fortwynt » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:45 am

I have had sleep paralysis of varying degrees probably most of my life...in the past few years, not so much maybe. I too instantly feel "evil presence" just as soon as the SP starts, even if i try and prime myself for it before hand ...see i can usually tell when it will happen, somehow, not sure.
fortwynt

Postby DraregElder » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:10 am

In my sixty years of this 3-D life, fifty of which have included "sleep paralysis" on a recurrent basis. With the paralysis, as with the hypnagogic imagery, kinesthetic sensations, buzzing sounds and such, they've merely been preliminary steps, to either sleep or oob/astral projection. They're the ones that usually go unnoticed to most people, most of the time, unless one concentrates on them, to stay mentally awake/body asleep to achieve a trance purpose, but sometimes, they can bleed through all on their own.

As far as the "Evil Presence" felt, well most of the unknown is scary and evil feeling. Furthermore, if you are still mentally aware at this stage, you can definitely, without doubt sense the lower astral garbage that's attracted to you and any other energy source. As bionic stated, they are powerless to do you any real harm. More of a nuisance than anything, once you understand their make-up. Now if they do become bothersome, or piss me off, I will also disperse and send them on their way, with love, sorta.

By the way, I am Drareg the Elder or DraregElder, an old folk magick Pagan/Wytch, from the hill's of Tennessee, now living in Miami Fl. so I ain't no Bible thumper, dig it?

Still, the mantra I like to use in these cases is " Peace, be still!" followed by "Now go in peace". It is what Jesus commanded the water to do when rough sea's were slamming the boat that He and His Boyz were in. They got scared and woke Him up from a snooze, with all that Master, Master, what will we do... He gave them one of those "Oh Ye of little faith looks" and told the water to cool it and it did! I've always thought it was one of His best sayings and it works for me.

Good luck...
DraregElder

Postby darkharbinger » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:03 am

I used to get sleep paralysis as well and didnt really make much of it untill i seen an episode of enigma dedicated to sleep paralysis and diferent cultural points of view on it. It was very interesting to see what everyone thought about it because I guess every 1 in 5 people or something like that get it, and some people in a state of paralysis will have visual hallucinations of an old hagard women holding them down, and some cultures will take it very seriously as demonic attack. im not sure what I think of it but it is a mysteriouse global occurencethat can only be explained by your own cultural or religiouse beleifs.
darkharbinger

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:48 pm

Thanks for all the responses. This thread has turned out to be very interesting and makes me feel a whole lot better knowing other people here have had sleep paralysis and felt the sames things I have.

So far I haven't had another episode, so I'm glad about that. I'd be OK with it if I never had another one, Lol.

I like hearing about other peoples experiences and I bet it helps anyone who has experienced this to read that others share in it.

My son has done some reading on this subject and told me there is no cut off point in life where a person dosen't get SP anymore. So what I read online was not true. Just like a lot of other things a person reads online you have to use you discretion in decideing what is true or not. Since what I read was from a "medical" site I assumed it was accurate. I should know better. :oops:

Postby darkharbinger » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:23 pm

further research has brought to my attention that one of the clincal terms for sleep paralysis is old hag syndrome, that is in the event that you experience the visual hallucinations to go along with it and its 15% of people that get it.
darkharbinger

Next

Return to Other Paranormal and Occult

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts