The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Unidentified Flying Objects

Does anyone here belong....

Although some attribute UFOs to being an ALIEN technology, it really isn't. Inside this forum, you are welcome to talk about UFOs, sightings, case files, and new events. Feel free to post videos, photographs, and whatever other evidence you want to share!

Postby greeney2 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:44 pm

I've been to a few Mufon meetings when John was a guest speaker, a few times in the Ventura Mufon, and one time in Los Angeles. Also he has been Master of Ceremony the last 4 years for the annual Mufon International Convention. I went to it several years ago when it was in costa Mesa, Calif. and John was a speaker. The Ventura group Dr. Roger Lear was at that time their President when I attended. I found it was very much like any other local club meeting, with about 50 people attending. Like most meetings you have club business, reports and usually a guest speaker. Usually refreshments, and a drawing for prizes. and afterwards the Mufon main group of people went out to a Dennys after the meeting. It was very informal, people were like any other club with a common interest. I wouldn't say anyone stuck out as being odd or affected, they were all just regular folks with jobs and families. I'm sure you will find people you will make friends with. Go and check it out, I think you will have fun.
greeney2

Postby BornAquarius » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:54 pm

I have given up on groups and attending conferences of any kind, did that kind of thing for years until I realized it was a waste of time and money, The Disclosure Project had poor attendance this year, I know a couple of people who went, most can't afford the outrageous cost any longer..one friend lived in the area so that wasn't too bad.
"I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it." -- Klaatu in 'The Day the Earth Stood Still'
BornAquarius

Postby Dark-Samus » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:14 am

People rather care about celebrities and their own little appearances more than UFO:s, Wars and conflicts or even major discoveries.

Sad and pathetic really. that´s why I never go out anymore, bunch of stupidity out there.
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby BornAquarius » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:19 am

Unless you're an abductee, contactee or an experiencer, have to politically correct here, what is the point? I had a group for abductee's only, no one else was allowed, most of them had major problems and certainly didn't need outside wacko's.
"I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it." -- Klaatu in 'The Day the Earth Stood Still'
BornAquarius

Postby greeney2 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:46 am

The Mufon symposium has been a big sucess every year, as far as I know. John has been the MC the last 4 years, and they always have a well rounded list of speakers and schedule. I don;t think anyone going to that convention spends anymore than similar conventions in other fields. If you happen to live in the town where it is at, thats great, but many people travel to them from all over the world in the MUFON case, since its an international convention. When people go they know they have airfare, accomodations, and meals, plus the cost of the event. Its called a vacation!

BornAquarius, abductees are only one corner of UFOlogy, and if anything that corner attracts a lot more of the wacko end, than any other. For the most part, believers in UFO's are as normal as anyone you meet. Abductions also produces the fields most controversial phoneys and frauds, like the one we are arguing over right now on the board. These are the people who really hurt a legitimate belief, and get all UFOlogists branded as nuts.
greeney2

Postby Dark-Samus » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:41 pm

I do believe that atleast 50% or more of all cases are just nutjobs or weaklings that wants attention in one way or the other.
After all it´s America mostly. And what do Most americans want these days. FAME! :lol: ;)
Dark-Samus

Postby vulcan6gun » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:19 pm

It's Dark-Saturo's fault. He had to bring up that one word and I'm link-happy today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTJHjuhCYos

That is why aliens visit Earth around Las Vegas, Nevada. You'll know it's true when you spot UFO crewmen wearing mullets.

:mrgreen:
Vulcan6gun

"Would you like your scientific research grilled, or roasted?"--Unknown Japanese whaler
vulcan6gun

Postby Dark-Samus » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:10 am

Of course, we aliens from Mars and Sirius must mention the WORD. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dark-Samus

Postby cormac » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:41 pm

so pandasex did you go? or is it still in the near future? if you went, how was it? :)
take care :)
cormac

"I have measured out my life with coffee spoons"
-- T.S. Eliot
cormac

Postby CodeBlack » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:09 pm

Hey, Vulcan, that was the gay disco music from Buck Rogers in the 25th Century. If that's what they have at the UFO convention then I'm not going.
N2TheBlack
CodeBlack

PreviousNext

Return to Unidentified Flying Objects

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts