The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The Obama Administration & US Politics

Desperate Times Call For Desperate........

As the 2012 election is now over, Barack Obama has won a second term. Many wonder how his policies, his administration, and how the entire political arena, will change our future.

Postby CodeBlack » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:53 pm

On the one hand the current bill is supposed to be targeting insurance companies, which is the right target. But the bill goes way beyond simply trying to curb costs. It is filled with nasty rules that will hurt lots of people. The only way it can reduce costs is with rationing. Government programs never lower costs in the end. Replacing one form of insurance with another will not lower costs.

The real problem: Anytime you put something in between the supplier of a product and the consumer of that product which shields the costs from the consumer, you have a system that will drive costs up unbounded. And that is exactly what has happened. There is nothing wrong with the health care system, only how we pay for it. If you had to write a check for the total cost when you went to the doctor, being reimbursed later, then you would make more economical choices. If the doctors and hospitals had to tell you the costs up front then you could make an informed decision. But no one is proposing any changes in this regard. They want to replace the current fouled up insurance system with a new even more fouled up system.

The ultimate cause of the problem is that people equate health insurance with health care, so they can't see the trees for the forest. The GOV can't get away with doing the things they really should be doing, which is to get out of the health insurance business altogether. Too many special interests, with deep pockets. Health insurance is the ultimate goose that laid the golden egg and they are not going to give it up.

Companies are also partly to blame as they created the original problem to begin with, providing health insurance as an employment benefit. They should never have done that. No one is responsible for your health care but you. The system is so screwed up no one can fix it.

Who invented government provided health care? Answer, Otto Von Bismark. What a mess.
N2TheBlack
CodeBlack

Postby Dark-Samus » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:27 am

Those Krauts certainly knows how to create things... :lol: :twisted: :lol:
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby vulcan6gun » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:41 pm

Hey, Bismarck didn't do anything wrong, ya gotta blame THAT war on Croats and Serbs...or Muslims vs. Jews and Christians, depending on how you look at it. Besides, I like sauerkraut. :P

If you want to 'fix' health care in the US, try starting with corporate greed. We don't need protection from/of health insurance, we need protection from profiteering and price gouging AT THE BOTTOM LEVEL.

No matter how many $60 fan motors I install for $350 on air conditioners, it won't make up for a 5 cent Tylenol and a $40 dirty motel room that I get charged $7500 for...and then get separate bills from the ambulance company, emergency room, doctor, radiologist, surgeon and anesthesiologist to boot.

Of course, we can't expect a Yuppie like Barack Obama to understand that WE DON'T ALL MAKE FOUR MILLION BUCKS A YEAR. WE CAN'T ALL AFFORD TO CARRY HEALTH INSURANCE, PAY OUR RENT/MORTGAGE, AND EAT.

So, I guess under BO's Medical Marxism Plan, I'll be paying that $1200 a year fine for not participating. :evil:
Vulcan6gun

"Would you like your scientific research grilled, or roasted?"--Unknown Japanese whaler
vulcan6gun

Postby Dark-Samus » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:34 am

Bismarck,Hitler,Merkel all krauts :lol: ;) :lol:
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby MonarchSmile » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:32 am

vulcan6gun wrote:Hey, Bismarck didn't do anything wrong, ya gotta blame THAT war on Croats and Serbs...or Muslims vs. Jews and Christians, depending on how you look at it. Besides, I like sauerkraut. :P

If you want to 'fix' health care in the US, try starting with corporate greed. We don't need protection from/of health insurance, we need protection from profiteering and price gouging AT THE BOTTOM LEVEL.

No matter how many $60 fan motors I install for $350 on air conditioners, it won't make up for a 5 cent Tylenol and a $40 dirty motel room that I get charged $7500 for...and then get separate bills from the ambulance company, emergency room, doctor, radiologist, surgeon and anesthesiologist to boot.

Of course, we can't expect a Yuppie like Barack Obama to understand that WE DON'T ALL MAKE FOUR MILLION BUCKS A YEAR. WE CAN'T ALL AFFORD TO CARRY HEALTH INSURANCE, PAY OUR RENT/MORTGAGE, AND EAT.

So, I guess under BO's Medical Marxism Plan, I'll be paying that $1200 a year fine for not participating. :evil:

I'm still trying to find out where that $1200 a year fine is.

http://www.barackobama.com/pdf/issues/H ... llPlan.pdf

A doctor visit to have one's head removed from one's butt, even as a pre-existing condition
should be covered. In your case let's hope so.

:D
MonarchSmile

Return to The Obama Administration & US Politics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts