The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Creationsists "Dinosaur land" closing, because of fraud??

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby Questioner101 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:51 pm

The shame is that the TV evangelists are giving a bad name to the corner preachers. They're "grabbing" the money that could go to the local shelters, the local groups helping communities, instead...it's going to the TV evangelists. Why don't the religious organizations they claim to represent, pull them off the air....oh wait, they're excited about the money.
"I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request."
Questioner101

Postby fortwynt » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:10 pm

ding ding
fortwynt

Postby qmark » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:20 pm

Questioner101 wrote:The shame is that the TV evangelists are giving a bad name to the corner preachers. They're "grabbing" the money that could go to the local shelters, the local groups helping communities, instead...it's going to the TV evangelists. Why don't the religious organizations they claim to represent, pull them off the air....oh wait, they're excited about the money.

I think this holds true for most televangelists. If the televangelists truly believed in the Bible, they would not be prancing around on stages bringing all manor of attention to themselves, claiming they have power they do not have, and hawking their books and their teaching tapes & CD’s. They would not spew out countless prophecies that never come to pass. They would not seek to be seated near the halls of political power or seek to rub elbows with the rich and famous or worse, to seek riches and fame for themselves. They would not be so egotistical. In short, their lives would not mirror those of the world. If they truly believed, they would say as John the Baptist said, “He (Jesus) must increase, I must decrease”.

"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; ...
qmark

Postby SmokinJoe » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:55 pm

Questioner,

You make incredibly accurate observations on this subject, but then follow it up w/ generalizations that aren't nearly as accurate.

As a Christian, it makes me cringe when I see these "tv celebrities" (hard to call them christian leaders) parading around performing sleight of hand magic, then asking for money to support the magic show.

Somewhere in the Bible it mentions that if one CHOOSES to go out and preach in God's name, they aren't suppose to take or accumulate wealth or "possessions."

I will look for the entire scripture (not just one single verse, cuz that never tells the whole story.)

People argue the point and say the God never intended for all Christians to have to live in poverty as an example to others. But, the scripture is clear on this subject when it comes to ANY christian who CHOOSES to play a leadership/teacher role on all things Jesus.

No leader, pastor, mentor, etc..is suppose to be accumulating wealth from the very people they are teaching/preaching to.

I can't believe that ANYONE follows someone who says, BUY MY CD on the word of God.

I can't imagine Christ EVER charging a single soul anything to hear his message. To me, that is the BIGGEST clue that these people are charlatans.
Dawkins thinks belief in God is an excuse to evade thinking in the scientific world. Sadly, he is ignorant to the list of christian scientists who have contributed & founded many of the sciences he himself believes in. How ironic.
SmokinJoe

Postby Nesaie » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:06 pm

Hey Smokin'! :D 8-)

It makes me cringe to know that through out the world we export televangelists and Jerry Springer. No wonder foreigners think poorly of Americans. :evil:

A couple years back I dated a guy from India...I had to try to explain to him that people actually had good intentions when exporting televangelists...it's embarrassing!
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Previous

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts