The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

"Obama 'Joker' Poster Causing a Stir in L.A.

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby Lashmar » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:04 pm

greeney2 wrote:Boundries mean nothing anymore, was proven by the Puke in's we had a few years ago, being called freedom of speech and expression.

The first point I underlined is the main one. People need to think about what they’re saying. There is a difference between saying `you’re an idiot, you don’t know what your doing` in a way that is meant to be funny and saying it in a way that is meant to cause trouble, as this picture clearly was.

The second one annoys me slightly. Freedom of speech is fine so long as you have something to say rather than mindless dribble.

They need to change it to Freedom of intelligent speech. F***…we’d have nothing on TV then. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:03 pm

Wow greeny2.....laugh in, I remember that show, Lol Wasn't Goldie Hawn on it? I was pretty young but I remember it. They popped out of big Flowers and said one-liners! When I was a kid, I was in love with Jerry Lewis and loved his movies with ole Dean Martin.

About todays humor, I pick and choose, I liked George Carlin, he was a genius, but some of his humor I did not like at all. It's like that with Bill Maher too, I like some of his political humor, but don't agree with his ideas on religion...ah well.

Society changes, just like the hem of a dress. But we are free to listen to who we like, and shut the others off. Its that freedom that is important. People who burn books and destroy art upset me way more than a distasteful piece of humor.

Postby Tairaa » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:46 am

greeney2 wrote:I think its just a shinning example of changing values and standards, and most directly the elimnation of any values and standards at all. Boundries mean nothing anymore, was proven by the Puke in's we had a few years ago, being called freedom of speech and expression.

I think it's f***ing hilarious!

I'm not singling you out Tairaa, because this is the attitude of many people. But if this is your kind of humor, I would consider "fucking halarious" would mean the funnyist thing you could think of, instead of a little funny, very funny, its "fucking halarious", your standard of humor and mine are totally different. I don't regard rank satire humorous at all, its usually vindictive and hateful in nature. If they did the same thing to your Mother or Father, in your local paper, or where they go to church, would you think thats very funny, or regard is as dirty, lowdown and mean?

Elimination of standards and values? No, I have both. We have a difference in what we find funny. I find it funny when people poke jokes at liars and phonies. You think they should be respected regardless of circumstances. Fair enough, we're different people, I'm sure that other things between the two of us would be different also, but I definitely have morals and standards.

Not the funniest thing I could think of, but definitely the most humourous thing I've seen in the last 2 or 3 days. If they did the same thing to my family I wouldn't find it funny, but hey, I'm not saying that Obamas family should find it funny, just me. Also, if you or Obama found a mockery of my family to be funny I wouldn't judge you for it, afterall, I find the same sort of thing funny.

I would be pissed off at the person who started said mockeries circulation, considering my family isn't running a whole nation into the ground I wouldn't feel it was justifies, whereas in this instance I feel the joke is justified, and I can therefore find it funny without it interfering with my morals.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby greeney2 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:41 am

Tiaraa, if you agree be it wouldn't to funny if it happened to a family member than just how much humor is really involved? You are laughing at something intended to send a nasty message, becasue you think he deserved something like that. Maybe Obama the person may deserve it, but I don't think the President does. There is a reason he is called Mr. President, not Mr. Obama, and that office has a persona of its own, regardless of the body occupying it, but that just me. You would not expect your friends to drop by Mom and Dads house, and not show your parents a level of respect, befitting thier position and title. You wouldn't let anyone disrespect them as your parnets, with foul language or off color jokes.

I liked George Carlin, he was a genius, but some of his humor I did not like at all.

George Carlin had a way of using vulger but in a cute and halarious way, unlike the vulgar is usually used. Usually vulgar humor is just for the shock value of hearing the words, but Carlin did it in a truly funny way. I always thought as a comedy team, Cheech and Chong were genius, but I thought the vulgar part, just brought them down to gutter level, and appealed to low level of mentality, trailer trash and stupidy.

Goldy Hawn was on laugh in was the "cutie" of the time period, everyone loved her.
greeney2

Postby Tairaa » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:55 am

Well, you think that a president should be respected regardless of their actions, I don't think so.

I don't care who it is, if they lie and are self-serving then I don't think they deserve any respect at all! Through his actions many people are suffering, a malicious joke about him is the farthest thing away from what I would worry about in comparison to the things that are happening in your country.

And if a friend of mine was disrespecting my family that situation wouldn't be at all similar. That hypothetical situation doesn't resemble the real life situation in question, but to answer anyway I would not tolerate someone disrespecting my parents regardless of who they were or how much I liked them. The ONLY exception would be if my parents were rude initially, in which case it's more complicated of course, it would depend if I felt they were justified, either way I wouldn't tolerate it though, and if I felt that my friend was being attacked without justification I would just leave with them rather then allow them to disrespect my parents.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Rob72 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:05 pm

The president is an elected official, a public servant... He is not God. If you wanna live in a country where a leader is expected to be given respect by default, not having earned it by way of actions and policies, then move to Venezuela, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, etc.

The war this country has been fighting for the last decade is SUPPOSED to be to protect the very actions displayed in that Obama picture! The reason this country has become so screwed up is because of this asinine attitude that a public servant, an elected official should be given respect by default, without having done a single thing to earn it, that is the very reason they do whatever the hell they want with our kids lives, our money, and our rights.

Giving respect to a person just because they hold a political office doesn't make you a super patriot, it makes you a complete fool.

The founding fathers of this nation fought a war against their leader, they didn't sit back and respect him even though they disagreed with his policies and his treatment of them. This nation was founded on the very thing that the actions behind that Obama picture represents... Hello, anyone home?

Yeah, let's be hypocrites, let's respect Obama because he's president now, but before that we accuse him of having terrorist ties, accuse him of trying to rig the election with ACORN, etc.... Actually, if you can turn around and start respecting someone that you accused of stuff like that, what the hell does that really say about you?

Pure foolishness.
Rob72

Postby greeney2 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:22 pm

Spoken like a fool that has no respect for anyone anyway, and it goes downhill from that point! :roll:
greeney2

Previous

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts