The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Science and the Bible agree

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby MonarchSmile » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:45 am

fortwynt wrote:
MonarchSmile wrote:Tom,
What about the christ's before jesus? What if I were Enoch just getting back from a long
relativistic trip and you tell me I have to believe in your christ? Then you tell me I have no choice
because I was saved before I was born? Which christ and what time? If you were a missionary
and I was indigenous, I imagine you would be dying for my god right now. :!:

Ha.

Now that is a good set of points.

Thanks Fort,
Why were the indigenous peoples of the world murdered and enslaved by God believers?
For their land, of course :!:
MonarchSmile

Postby Tairaa » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:27 am

So, to more clearly illustrate my point... As if it is required...
(1) Is love in your head? If yes, then proceed to point (2), if not continue.
If love is in fact physically existant outside of yourself, then show an example of this by all means, show a way where love is physically real. Or any emotion for that matter.

(2) Are our thoughts likewise real within our own minds? Yes. Does thought constitute evidence? No. Therefore it can be concluded that just because we thinks something it does not make it real, because reality is observed by us, we don't create our own realities. If you disagree with these two concepts then again, show me how this is NOT the case.

(3) Which ultimately brings us to the final concept. You "know" god exists because of your thought, because of your mind. You're convinced to the point where you will illegitimately proclaim it to be fact. So I ask you. Since mere thought does not constitute fact, what evidence do you have? Surely not the bible, which was written by men, then translated countless times before making it to English and re-written countless times every step of the way, and for which we have numerous different versions of, and from which we also have numerous individual religions all proclaiming to be right. That constitutes no evidence. As always, if you feel I'm wrong point out some evidence! BUT! I emplore you to please look into the definition of evidence before doing so if this is the course you so choose. Different interpretations don't count, it must be clear and concise and intended to mean a certain thing without much room for doubt.

I don't think God is real. That does not mean he is not. In the same way that you DO think God is real, but that does not mean that he/she does.

No comment I suppose then?

Anyway.
Moral and intellectual superiority? OH! RIGHT! Just like when you said that Humphreys isn't capable of differentiating between a metaphorical and a literal heart! Right, I see, so that's NOT exactly what you just generalized that we all invariably do, yeah? I see, I see.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Previous

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts