The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Science and the Bible agree

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby frrostedman » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:31 pm

When Jesus said the most important thing we can do is love God with all our heart, soul, and mind," He made a clear distinction between matters of the heart and those of the brain. Now, you can suggest all you want that He was some fool that thought the physical muscle, the heart, is where love is generated, but I'm not with you on that, sorry.

The "heart" spoken of in the bible and in the context which is commonly used (yet baffling to robots) is the non-physical realm where the emotional and the spiritual intertwine. When someone says, "so-and-so broke my heart," I guess you two humphreys would pounce right away, calling them a fool and telling them if their heart was broken they would die, so they are obviously "wrong" and "stupid" like the authors of the bible.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby Tairaa » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:23 am

The "heart" spoken of in the bible and in the context which is commonly used (yet baffling to robots) is the non-physical realm where the emotional and the spiritual intertwine. When someone says, "so-and-so broke my heart," I guess you two humphreys would pounce right away, calling them a fool and telling them if their heart was broken they would die, so they are obviously "wrong" and "stupid" like the authors of the bible.

Tom, what, prey tell, makes you so sure that we're incapable of differentiating between a figure of speech which uses a metaphorical definition for the heart and the literal organ?
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby humphreys » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:56 am

frrostedman wrote:When Jesus said the most important thing we can do is love God with all our heart, soul, and mind," He made a clear distinction between matters of the heart and those of the brain. Now, you can suggest all you want that He was some fool that thought the physical muscle, the heart, is where love is generated, but I'm not with you on that, sorry.

I would understand that they were using a figure of speech that may well have started as something literal in times when they believed the physical heart was instrumental in emotions.
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby mrshumphreys » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:26 am

It's already been said twice, very clearly, so I won't bother. :lol:
"It's like arguing with a brick wall, except the brick wall thinks you're an idiot, and thinks it's winning." - Humphreys, that sexy beast.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
mrshumphreys

Postby humphreys » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:06 am

frrostedman wrote:When Jesus said the most important thing we can do is love God with all our heart, soul, and mind," He made a clear distinction between matters of the heart and those of the brain. Now, you can suggest all you want that He was some fool that thought the physical muscle, the heart, is where love is generated, but I'm not with you on that, sorry.

I fail to see how believing what 99% of other people at the time in that region believed would make him a "fool".
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby MonarchSmile » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:06 am

Do you know why jesus is worshiped as christ?
He was laughing at his crucifiers all the time while
on the cross. They had to stick a spear in him to
get him to stop. Romans/Catholics lied........
MonarchSmile

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:11 pm

Thanks for the support frrostedman {{{hug}}} Sometimes its like being in a Lions den! Lol

Postby frrostedman » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:08 pm

Item7 wrote:Thanks for the support frrostedman {{{hug}}} Sometimes its like being in a Lions den! Lol

Indeed, item7.

"The World" simply has no clue what it's like to have a relationship with Christ and they really have no choice but to chalk it up as nonsense. They don't understand it, don't like it, and ironically--though they claim the opposite--they take a position of moral and intellectual superiority against us.

It's very difficult to have a 'real' conversation with the world because they have absolutely zero respect for the Christian's position.

[pssst, hey humphreys--I'm not 'playing the victim' I'm recognizing fact. and it doesn't bother me that the unbelieving world--by default--believes they are morally and intellectually superior and don't--rather can't respect the position of the Christian. And notice I said position, not the person ;) ]

When Christ said people are either "with Him" or "against Him," He was obviously spot on. I have yet to meet a single person who isn't a Christian, who is willing take a position in favor of Christianity... even for argument's sake. It just doesn't happen. True Christianity is an all or nothing experience. There is no lukewarm for the true Christian (and God rejects anyone who takes a lukewarm position anyway)

Glad you're here, item7. Let's keep our chin up and keep chipping away... you never know. :D
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby MonarchSmile » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:41 pm

Tom,
What about the christ's before jesus? What if I were Enoch just getting back from a long
relativistic trip and you tell me I have to believe in your christ? Then you tell me I have no choice
because I was saved before I was born? Which christ and what time? If you were a missionary
and I was indigenous, I imagine you would be dying for my god right now. :!:
MonarchSmile

Postby fortwynt » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:48 pm

MonarchSmile wrote:Tom,
What about the christ's before jesus? What if I were Enoch just getting back from a long
relativistic trip and you tell me I have to believe in your christ? Then you tell me I have no choice
because I was saved before I was born? Which christ and what time? If you were a missionary
and I was indigenous, I imagine you would be dying for my god right now. :!:

Ha.

Now that is a good set of points.
fortwynt

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts