The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Moderators

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Should we enlist moderators?

We can report our own posts, definitely NO
41%
Yes
35%
No
18%
Not sure
6%
I don't care
No votes

Total votes : 17

Postby Ninor » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:04 pm

chiselray wrote:No...absolutely not..no mods..

Instead what you need to create is a karma point system.
One who should be spoken to will accumulate 1 karma point by way of a karma button or report post by the offended people...too many karmas you are automatically chilled out for 1 month..
John check your pm box please..there is a place for mods .. :geek:

I agree with what Chiselray says (I can't believe I said that).

I belong to a Motorcycle forum that operates on a similar system, here's how it works:

Every member has a "Gas Tank". When you join the site you are given 1/4 tank of "Gas". Other members can give you "Good Gas" when you're helpful, and they can also give you "Bad Gas" when you're ignorant and acting like an ass. To keep it from getting personal, each forum has a Moderator that looks at each submission for "Good Gas" and "Bad Gas" to see if it has merit or not. If the mod deems the submission valid then he either removes "Gas" from your tank or adds it. When your "Tank" becomes empty you go on a little "Vacation" for a few weeks. It's sort of a "reputation" system, and I think it would work well here at the BV. It's like being judged on your behavior by a Jury of your peers. Mind you, there has to be a certain amount od "Bad Gas" or "Good Gas" submissions before the mod is notified to make a call, which means that you can't be penalized for just one or two "Bad Calls" on a post.

What do you think John?

You don't have to do a "Good Gas", "Bad Gas" thing, but I'm pretty sure you could come up with something similar for the BV.
Ninor

Postby at1with0 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:30 pm

I think you should try the post reporting feature instead of moderators and enlist moderators only if you get too many reported posts to handle alone.

And then moderators perhaps should be chosen by a nomination and vote system, like one week to nominate followed by a one week poll. But, again, only if too many posts get reported that you would have to deal with alone.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby chiselray » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:27 am

yeah well, ninors got a point there.
chiselray

Previous

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts