The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Moderators

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Should we enlist moderators?

We can report our own posts, definitely NO
41%
Yes
35%
No
18%
Not sure
6%
I don't care
No votes

Total votes : 17

Postby chiselray » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:45 am

:D
chiselray

Postby Nesaie » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:20 am

Lashmar wrote:No I’d be suicidal if I were Irish :x . (paddy=midget, bastards, green things)

At least the Irish are fun to party with. They always have a song and a dance, out loud and in their hearts.

What have the Brits given the world?

Oh yeah, poverty, slavery, etc.

The Irish...they give us art, beauty, and stories. :D

To be called Irish, for a Brit, could only be a compliment. ;)
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby Nesaie » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:22 am

Oh, and I have the beginnings of a good joke, but haven't figured out the punchline yet.

Oh wait...I'm not sure I can say that here. Let me rethink this. :?
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby Lashmar » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:24 am

Oh yeah, poverty, slavery, etc.

F*** they have some good blinkers in the US don’t they. :lol:

You stink of BNP style Propaganda. :cry:

what have the Yanks given the world? ;)
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Lashmar » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:36 am

Nesaie wrote:Oh, and I have the beginnings of a good joke, but haven't figured out the punchline yet.

Oh wait...I'm not sure I can say that here. Let me rethink this. :?

There once was an Irishman, tall and thin,
Who did nothing all day but sit and drink gin,
He sat on his chair, knocking it back like he would,
Before he died like all the bastards should!!! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Can you do better than that? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby mael » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:58 am

Well most people here seem to want mods. I think I can do it here, and I'd like to try.

John posted this thread and I took it that he would consider the results of the poll and would seriously consider appointing mods if the concensus indicated that was what was desired.

If John follows these posts with a request for people who would volunteer to mod by sending him a PM then I shall do that.

I believe I can do a good job of moderating, and my reason for offering to volunteer to do it is not to teach but to keep order and try to help to make this a place where people with an opinion can share their thoughts free of flagrant and personal abuse.

Another reason I wanted to post my suggestion here is that:- should I be considered by John then I'd still have to be accepted by the members. You people have known me for a while, and if what I have posted does not inspire confidence in my ability to moderate then I would of course not pursue the matter.

One area I'd pat myself on the head for are my efforts to be fair. Everyone, no matter what their age, IQ or experience has something to say which is worth listening to, and they shouldn't have to shout to get their messages across. If some people prefer to support their own arguments by increasingly cranking up the noise then they need their volume control set to the same level as the others who are participating at that time.
mael

Postby greeney2 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:52 am

Bring back all the last moderators, they had a thankless job, and deserve it back if they want it.
greeney2

Postby Rob72 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:23 am

The report icon was always enough. Mods are a joke, the likes of hall monitors.
Rob72

Postby inja » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:14 am

I voted that I don't really know. Moderators don't bother me so they don't matter to me. I brows a few other forums from time to time and they all have moderators and if there is something I do like about them it is the fact that they are on top of the threads that degrade into nothing but foul language and the topic is totally lost.

All in all I think it is up to you John. If it took some of the pressure off of you and helped you concentrate on other projects that are just as important to you I say go for it. If you choose to have none that works too. I say be selfish and see what serves you best not what serves us.
Truth is stranger than fiction, because fiction has to make sense.
inja

Postby Dark-Samus » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:38 pm

Well...They have given all the Discovery Channels which are awesome...well before anyway...
Now it´s all about cars cars cars...omg so much cars... :evil:
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts