The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Moderators

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Should we enlist moderators?

We can report our own posts, definitely NO
41%
Yes
35%
No
18%
Not sure
6%
I don't care
No votes

Total votes : 17

Postby chiselray » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:07 am

Nesaie wrote:
chiselray wrote:Automatic i meant Nesaie is made by John i guess ,i shouldnt have said automatic by a point system which i think flixter use..btw (if by chance your reading this Jessie, you blown out DON NUT EMBARRASSMENT ) YOUR STILL OBESE ,please join a club.. :idea:

(he's stalking me people) sorry :)

anyway It would just be a point system for john to review..oN REVIEW only he makes a choice.
Favoritism is not on i agree..

Can you please speak English. I really don't care which version, UK, Canadian, Irish, Australian, New Zeland, US, etc.

Do you guys have a worse education/indoctrination system than us? I honestly didn't think it could get any worse. :(

By this statement, " i meant Nesaie is made by John i guess ", do you mean that in the Hollywood/Italian mobster kind of way?

At least you spelled my name right. :)

AHH i see..

Read it a different way :idea:
John makes the caalll..Automatic i meant to say nesaie (crouches) is a decision John makes..Get it now? :)
chiselray

Postby chiselray » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:08 am

Dark-Samus wrote:Hmmm...I nominate Lashmar! :mrgreen:

but he's Irish :evil:
chiselray

Postby Dark-Samus » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:12 am

Fine...I nominate MYSELF! :twisted:
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby Lashmar » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:14 am

No I’d be suicidal if I were Irish :x . (paddy=midget, bastards, green things)
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Dark-Samus » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:15 am

Calm down Mr.England :mrgreen:
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby chiselray » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:16 am

Oh my bad.. :oops: Scottish perhaps lashmar ?
chiselray

Postby chiselray » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:20 am

The more we talk ,the more YES votes go in.. :x

THE 3 OF US SHUT UP NOW OK?
chiselray

Postby Nesaie » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:22 am

mael wrote:I wouldn't mind if the topic went off at a tangent if it was in some way connected with the topic.

If the language was approaching civil at a minimum then it would be easily possible for people to ignore a post which didn't really fit-in.

It's the personal attacks which spoil virtually all the debates here.

I remember when John was less busy with other matters and appeared on the board fairly frequently. If he didn't post, then he seemed to be going through the boards and if there was a slanging-match going on then he'd step in and deal with it.

I recall John felt the rule forbidding personal attacks was the most important one, and his occasional enforcement made this place a pleasure to post in.

Were I to be a mod I would work to try to defuse situations where personal attacks were taking place. I would not normally edit a post which was abusive, but I feel it would be a good idea to warn someone who was going over the line, and on the count of three warnings I'd like to temporarily ban them from posting - but John would decide if it was a permanent ban or not.

I'm on here almost every day. Sometimes for a few minutes and sometimes I'm here for an hour. I don't use many of the boards, but spend most of my time in Gen or WOT, so I know what's going on there and I see the changes from day to day.

Seriously, I'd like to try to mod. I'd like to do it because I want to be a member of a board I am proud of. I don't know this new board very well, but I'll pick it up and some others might be able to assist me until I get the hang of it. I know the hard-hitters quite well and I believe I can mod with acceptable impartiality.

My policy would be to 'speak softly but carry a big stick.' But I certainly don't like having to use the stick, and banning someone for uncontrollable bad-behaviour would be a very last and reluctant resort.

This is a great board, we all know that, that is why we're here. It's like family, we have our little fights, but get over it. John should be proud, I know his Dad is. ;)

One thing, for me, was that I found myself not wanting to speak in the forums I moded, except once in a while. I found I lost a portion of my voice. I was too busy defending myself as a mod. For Jews like us with loud voices, it can become a battle.

Now that I'm no longer a "mod", I feel like this is more play time than work. It is hard to come here after working 14 hours and have to babysit. But, tonight...after working 14 hours, it has become a game again and fun again. :D

I guess, I just want to caution you about your volunteerism. After all, our government sanctioned/regulated volunteer organization now takes away our first Amendment rights. But, that is for another thread. Yet, being a mod here felt like I lost a bit of my free speech and freedom of religion. There were many "christians" around here who came down on me for not being a Christian and comparing them to Muslims. There were neo-cons who came down on me as a "liberal", for not being a fascist/commie (I'm a Libertarian). You know the divide an conquer game that goes on around here.

Then again, I know you have a fairly thick skin...sometimes...you could make a decent mod, if John wants to implement that again.
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby Nesaie » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:26 am

chiselray wrote:
Nesaie wrote:
chiselray wrote:Automatic i meant Nesaie is made by John i guess ,i shouldnt have said automatic by a point system which i think flixter use..btw (if by chance your reading this Jessie, you blown out DON NUT EMBARRASSMENT ) YOUR STILL OBESE ,please join a club.. :idea:

(he's stalking me people) sorry :)

anyway It would just be a point system for john to review..oN REVIEW only he makes a choice.
Favoritism is not on i agree..

Can you please speak English. I really don't care which version, UK, Canadian, Irish, Australian, New Zeland, US, etc.

Do you guys have a worse education/indoctrination system than us? I honestly didn't think it could get any worse. :(

By this statement, " i meant Nesaie is made by John i guess ", do you mean that in the Hollywood/Italian mobster kind of way?

At least you spelled my name right. :)

AHH i see..

Read it a different way :idea:
John makes the caalll..Automatic i meant to say nesaie (crouches) is a decision John makes..Get it now? :)

I never could translate Ozzy slang. ;)

In the US, to be "made" is an Italian thing like you're part of the mob, part of the group. To be a "made man" means you're working for the Italian mob. I was trying to figure out why my name was mentioned and what you meant by it.

At least you spelled my name right. :D
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby chiselray » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:35 am

I got your name right :? damn lol
chiselray

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts