The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Cryptozoology

No such things as yowies in the USA, bigfoots an Australian.

Sightings of bigfoot, lake monsters around the world, and the chupacabras are just some of the many cryptozoological stories on the rise! Although many of these stories are controversial - some have evidence that defies belief.

Postby rath » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:59 pm

Bigfoot story's = The Bunyips.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/430944.stm

ACCORDING to Australian aboriginal mythology ( Dreamtime ) Bunyips are monsters that live in Australia's rivers & Billabongs.

The bunyip is a legendary spirit or creature of the Australian Aborigine.

The Bunyips haunt rivers, swamps, creeks and billabongs. Their main goal is to cause nocturnal terror by eating people or animals in their vicinity. They are renowned for their terrifying bellowing cries in the night and have been known to frighten Aborigines to the point where they would not approach any water source where a bunyip might be waiting to devour them.

There are many reports by white settlers who have witnessed bunyips, so cryptozoologists may still be searching for these creatures. They may have some difficulty in locating their prey, though, since Aboriginal tribes do not all give the same visual description of the creature.

Some say the bunyip looks like a huge snake with a beard and a mane; others say it looks like a huge furry half-human beast with a long neck and a head like a bird. However, most Australians now consider the existence of the bunyip to be mythical.

Some scientists believe the bunyip was a real animal, the diprotodon, extinct for some 20,000 years, which terrified the earliest settlers of Australia.

According to Oodgeroo Noonuccal (Kath Walker) in Stradbroke Dreamtime, the bunyip is an evil or punishing spirit from the Aboriginal Dreamtime.

In 1846 an unusual skull was retrieved from the banks of the Murrumbidgee River in New South Wales.

In the first flush of excitement several experts declared that it was the skull of something unknown to science. In July 1847 the so-called ‘bunyip skull’ was put on exhibition in the Australian Museum (then located at the Supreme Court House, Sydney) for two days.

Visitors flocked to see it and the Sydney Morning Herald, 1847 reported that it prompted a spate of bunyip stories:

Almost everyone became immediately aware that he had heard ‘strange sounds’ from the lagoons at night, or had seen ‘something black’ in the water.

Sydney’s leading naturalist, William Macleay, examined the skull and compared it with an even stranger one: a skull with only one eye-socket—a veritable cyclops!

Scientific knowledge and common sense prevailed, however, when Macleay concluded that both skulls were freaks of nature and did not represent a new species. The Australian Medical Journal warned that claims of ‘bunyip skulls’ could only be seen as an ‘ostentatious display of our ignorance and credulity’.

Gradually the debate calmed down although one final mystery remains—what became of the so-called bunyip skull. It disappeared and has never been sighted since!

rath

Postby Paleo » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:30 am

rath wrote:Bigfoot story's = The Bunyips.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/430944.stm

ACCORDING to Australian aboriginal mythology ( Dreamtime ) Bunyips are monsters that live in Australia's rivers & Billabongs.

The bunyip is a legendary spirit or creature of the Australian Aborigine.

The Bunyips haunt rivers, swamps, creeks and billabongs. Their main goal is to cause nocturnal terror by eating people or animals in their vicinity. They are renowned for their terrifying bellowing cries in the night and have been known to frighten Aborigines to the point where they would not approach any water source where a bunyip might be waiting to devour them.

There are many reports by white settlers who have witnessed bunyips, so cryptozoologists may still be searching for these creatures. They may have some difficulty in locating their prey, though, since Aboriginal tribes do not all give the same visual description of the creature.

Some say the bunyip looks like a huge snake with a beard and a mane; others say it looks like a huge furry half-human beast with a long neck and a head like a bird. However, most Australians now consider the existence of the bunyip to be mythical.

Some scientists believe the bunyip was a real animal, the diprotodon, extinct for some 20,000 years, which terrified the earliest settlers of Australia.

According to Oodgeroo Noonuccal (Kath Walker) in Stradbroke Dreamtime, the bunyip is an evil or punishing spirit from the Aboriginal Dreamtime.

In 1846 an unusual skull was retrieved from the banks of the Murrumbidgee River in New South Wales.

In the first flush of excitement several experts declared that it was the skull of something unknown to science. In July 1847 the so-called ‘bunyip skull’ was put on exhibition in the Australian Museum (then located at the Supreme Court House, Sydney) for two days.

Visitors flocked to see it and the Sydney Morning Herald, 1847 reported that it prompted a spate of bunyip stories:

Almost everyone became immediately aware that he had heard ‘strange sounds’ from the lagoons at night, or had seen ‘something black’ in the water.

Sydney’s leading naturalist, William Macleay, examined the skull and compared it with an even stranger one: a skull with only one eye-socket—a veritable cyclops!

Scientific knowledge and common sense prevailed, however, when Macleay concluded that both skulls were freaks of nature and did not represent a new species. The Australian Medical Journal warned that claims of ‘bunyip skulls’ could only be seen as an ‘ostentatious display of our ignorance and credulity’.

Gradually the debate calmed down although one final mystery remains—what became of the so-called bunyip skull. It disappeared and has never been sighted since!

Freaks of nature or not, biology teaches us that leaps in evolution are made in giant strides, not merely in tiny increments as once thought. And even if they WERE simple anomolies, that doesn't take away from the fact that they exist - that a new creature IS out there! New species are developing all the time. In an infinite world with infinite possibility, should ANYTHING really an d truly surprise us anymore??

I believe in spiritual creatures made manifest by either a conjuring or a similar manifestation of WILL. Whether that be the will of someone or someTHING else!

Spirit beings are alive and all around us. They cloud our judgement, distort our perceptions, they confuse and disable us.

I believe, that IT'S POSSIBLE, that I witnessed, myself, several Deer spirits one night in my backyard. I live, currently, in a VERY suburban area... it's a typical residential neighborhood, and while there USED to be a lot of forest and trees that covered the area, there hasn't been any REAL wooded areas for a long time now. ...However, on not one, but TWO occasions, once while I was sitting right out on the back deck - I saw about 8-9 Deer come strolling thru my backyard! Now, granted, they LOOKED as real as any real Deer I'd ever seen... but, here's the weird part - the ground was wet and muddy, but they left no tracks that I could find. AND, one of them turned and looked at me, stared for about 3 minutes, then started walking. I moved and must have startled them, but while I HEARD them COMING - there was literally NO WHERE for them to GO - but the next thing I knew - they had disappeared, ALL 8 or 9 of them! I looked up "Deer" in my Native American myths and Magic book and seeing Deer or the spirits of deer represented "love/loveliness", and it just so happens I was thinking, at that exact moment, about a letter I was planning to write my ex-girlfriend to try and win her back!!

My point is - is that while I've practically no doubt in my mind that Bigfoot/Sasquatch, Yeti/Abominable Snowmen, the Skunk Ape and other Bigfoot-type creatures DO exist, and possibly have A LOT more powers than we realize - powers like telepathy and the ability to distort one's perceptions and cloud one's mind. For instance, a hunter saw a Bigfoot 10 yards away and he claimed to fire shots at it until his gun was empty - he said he HEARD the shots going off, felt the "click" of the trigger, but when it was over and he looked down, the bullets were on the ground, but not a single shot had been fired.
Paleo

Postby rath » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:28 pm

True that.

The world is full of weird things.
rath

Return to Cryptozoology

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts