The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Australian Minimum Wage Held Steady

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby Tairaa » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:27 pm

A few months ago i got the flu so i went to a doctor who prescribed me two types of antibiotics,
One of which was Seretide an antibiotic puffer for the lungs .........

Antibiotics for a flu? Unbelievable...

You realize that antibiotics won't stop or slow down a flu or effect it in anyway, right? Since it's not biotic to begin with and all.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Lashmar » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:34 pm

Tairaa wrote:
A few months ago i got the flu so i went to a doctor who prescribed me two types of antibiotics,

You realize that antibiotics won't stop or slow down a flu or effect it in anyway, right? Since it's not biotic to begin with and all.

I've never been to the Doctor for a cold, never had the flu; when I was 7 or 8 I had Tonsillitis (thank you Wiki :lol: :oops: ) and that was the last time I went to the doctor until last week. :lol:
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Wing-Zero » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:53 pm

Tairaa wrote:

First, the inhalation aerosols are the number one treatment for almost anything related to the lungs.

Secondly, they ARE antibiotics.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby Tairaa » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:31 pm

Fur ur lungz mayhapz.

But as far as ingesting antibiotics for the flu, that's very clearly overkill since virii are unaffected by antibiotics.

So it may help your lungs to feel better, but it won't affect the flu. Drugs are better to take for symptoms then antibiotics, since drugs won't trick your immune system into thinking everything's alright for the next time you get sick.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Wing-Zero » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:04 pm

Tairaa wrote:Fur ur lungz mayhapz.

But as far as ingesting antibiotics for the flu, that's very clearly overkill since virii are unaffected by antibiotics.

So it may help your lungs to feel better, but it won't affect the flu. Drugs are better to take for symptoms then antibiotics, since drugs won't trick your immune system into thinking everything's alright for the next time you get sick.

The inhaler fights the crap inside your lungs that are part of the flu virus, as well as keeping your airway open.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby Tairaa » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:16 pm

But it will not speed up your recovery, you will still have the flu.

It kills things that are responsible for symptoms, and IMO this is a misuse of antibiotic medicine.
Tairaa

Postby rath » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:52 am

Tairaa wrote:But it will not speed up your recovery, you will still have the flu.

It kills things that are responsible for symptoms, and IMO this is a misuse of antibiotic medicine.

Like Wing-zero is saying Tairaa,
The inhaler fights the crap inside your lungs that are part of the flu virus, as well as keeping your airway open.

It keeps you from getting bronchitis.

Chronic Bronchitis is much worse than the flu.
rath

Postby Wing-Zero » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:54 am

Tairaa wrote:But it will not speed up your recovery, you will still have the flu.

To be fair, unless I use the inhaler AND an antibiotic called Cefinir, I'm stuck with the cough that comes with the flu for 6-8 weeks.

That's during a good year, too.

With it, it fixes itself in about a week or three.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby Tairaa » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:34 am

Wow, shitty for you guys. :shock:

When I get a flu, it lasts for 3 days and it's gone. Eat your broccoli and carrots and stuff. Lots of fresh fruit. Not so much alcohol or other high acidity foods, like most treated red meat, most coffees etc.

I mean, I eat red meat and drink coffee... But I manage to keep my body pretty free of disease. You should look into pH value in your body. A pH value leaning towards acidity makes it easier for you to get sick, and have a sustained sickness as I understand it. You can by this nasty stuff called chlorophyll, the same stuff plants use to photosynthesize, and it's supposed to be good at neutralizing pH in your body.

Prevention of Bronchitis, aight. That's a variable I missed, that's believable. I prefer, personally, to simply boost my immune system when I'm not sick then to take antibiotics. Your body developes a dependency on them, much like your brain stops producing certain chemicals that tobacco gives you when you smoke, your immune system takes it easy when you take antibiotics.. It's what happens when you thwart disease without it.
Tairaa

Postby rath » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:31 pm

It cracks me up when somebody sez they never get sick.

It cracks me up & scares the crap out of me.

They say stupid things like .....

i never get sick!

Or

iv not had the flu for years.

It's those people who's immune system is DEAD.

It's the people who never get sick who are the breeders.

New viruses evolve in these people as their immune system is not working.

It the same for humans as for computers, if you never update your anti-virus your system is vulnerable to infection.

So people who DO get the flu every 2-3 years or so are the healthier group.

As getting sick allows your body to update its anti-virus, thus making for a healthier overall system.

& people who get sick tend to have STRONGER immune systems,
( Their immune system fights the infection to the death )
rath

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts