The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The War on Terrorism & Homeland Security

Vietnam War era Intelligence: The Paranormal

Discuss the War on Terrorism, Homeland Security, Iraq, Afghanistan, North Korea and other global terrorist concerns.

Postby Paleo » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:22 pm

I would like to know, if anyone here can tell me off-hand, someone who may have already researched the Vietnam War Intelligence records and documents held here at the Black Vault, specifically, what we learned from the Viet-Cong in regards, specifically, to the Paranormal and the Unknown. I've heard rumors, rumors first picked up on, on the X-Files that I heard tell-tale of, of Viet-Cong being said to simply "disappear without a trace" after an assault or a battle. If anyone here has any information and can let me know where to look in the Vietnam Intelligence Documents, that would be greatly appreciated.
Paleo

Postby Tairaa » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:57 pm

At a glance that sounds like a very thorough knowledge of the land allowing for exceptionally rapid and quite retreats. But hey... One never knows in this screwy universe we live in.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby greeney2 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:48 pm

I don't think the VC disappeared by means of any paranormal, dematerializing, or beaming up someplace. They disappeared into the jungle into a maze of underground tunnels, and escape routes, well hidden entrances and exits. We were on their turf, and they had places booby trapped, and knew what they were doing. They knew every inch of their territory living in those Jungles their entire lives. They were known to sneek around right next to you in total blackness of the night, and you would not hear them.
greeney2

Postby Dreadful » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:03 pm

Yeah Greeney, I think the VC habit of using the extensive tunnel systems to drag dead and wounded off the battle field gave rise to rumors of the VC possessing paranormal powers in the early stages of the conflict. Later as we began to learn more about the VC and their methods this practice became expected .... therefore after they left 500 or so dead on the field after the battle of Long Tan we knew we must have hit them very hard. So I don't think it always worked for them but was certainly effective initially.

The tunnels were an amazing feat of engineering housing hospitals, kitchens and barracks for an entire army all ingeniously hidden in the landscape, stretching for hundreds miles and reaching over the border into Cambodia .... it wasn't all dug to fight us either, much of it was already in place after the earlier conflict with the French ..... truth is they couldn't have been more ready for us .
Dreadful

Postby greeney2 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:11 pm

I don;t envy those tunnel rats who went in after them. I think during WW2, they estimated over 5000 japs were in tunnels under Mt. Sirabachi, on Iwo Jima.
greeney2

Postby Dreadful » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:44 pm

Yeah the ground won in nam with a 9mm pistol and a torch was the hardest won ground without a doubt Greeney ..... and Iwo Jima was certainly just as bad and costly ...... but it had to be done and we should count ourselves blessed that our countries can produce a man with the courage to go in to do it .... most soldiers going up against a motivated , fortified, dug in enemy that has had time to prepare know the cards are stacked against them and they in for a hell of a fight that they may not survive .... it's the ability to move forward and engage such an enemy that sorts the men from the boys and often turns the tide .
Dreadful

Postby Paleo » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:38 am

Tairaa wrote:At a glance that sounds like a very thorough knowledge of the land allowing for exceptionally rapid and quite retreats. But hey... One never knows in this screwy universe we live in.

Well, that would be my first thought as well... However, as the story goes in the X-Files, the VC had a way of using a persons natural "blindspot" in their eyes, in order to achieve some sort of a hypnotic state in which you could be looking directly at a person, but not being able to see them.

Also, there's the accusation that the U.S. gov't. KNEW that they were still P.O.W.'s captured by the VC in Vietnam, and made the announcement that there were no more POW's left in Vietnam prematurely, even KNOWING that there indeed WERE still POW's, but left them for dead. Is there any evidence that THIS is true?!?
Paleo

Postby greeney2 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:46 am

The problem with boards like this, is people think X-files and movies are real and think it applies to the real world events.
greeney2

Postby BloodStone » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:54 am

There were also many soldiers taking drugs, many of them were tripping they're balls off.

Can't say I blame them, they had a tuff fight over their.

BloodStone...
If it were raining hookers, I'd get hit by a fag.
BloodStone

Postby Tairaa » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:07 pm

Yeah, no kidding.

Although, if it were I that was an active duty GI I wouldn't be taking drugs. Awareness will save your life.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Next

Return to The War on Terrorism & Homeland Security

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts