The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The War on Terrorism & Homeland Security

If you think heat could not collapse the WTC!

Discuss the War on Terrorism, Homeland Security, Iraq, Afghanistan, North Korea and other global terrorist concerns.

Postby rath » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:55 am

still with 9-11.

Youes will ....... we will' never ever find out the truth either way.
rath

Postby Tairaa » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:41 pm

The laws of physics don't care what a bullet is made of as long as it has sufficient energy. Paper shoots hole through rock, you lose, Cole.

Ehh, not too sure about that.

After all they did destroy that beautiful Phantom by crashing it into a concrete barrier at fairly high speeds, can't remember exactly. Several hundred miles an hour anyway.

So it stands to reason, as I see it, that paper won't shoot through rock regardless of it's velocity, you'd need to alter it's density.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Wing-Zero » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:34 pm

Doesn't it gain density the faster it goes?
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby Tairaa » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:53 pm

Density is mass by volume, so I wouldn't think so, but I've been wrong before.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Wing-Zero » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:18 pm

Tairaa wrote:Density is mass by volume, so I wouldn't think so, but I've been wrong before.

I would think being hit by a paper ball going 2,000 feet per second would hurt a lot more than something playfully lobbed at me.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby greeney2 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:08 pm

Tornados have been known to drive a piece of straw thru a 2x4!

You would think it would be impossible to drive a sewing common straight pin thru a penny, because it will just bend, unless you know how to fool the physics involved. So don't say things are impossible too quickly.
greeney2

Postby Tairaa » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:39 pm

I would think being hit by a paper ball going 2,000 feet per second would hurt a lot more than something playfully lobbed at me.

That's to do with momentum, which is mass and velocity.

And yes, it would.

Tornados have been known to drive a piece of straw thru a 2x4!

You would think it would be impossible to drive a sewing common straight pin thru a penny, because it will just bend, unless you know how to fool the physics involved. So don't say things are impossible too quickly.

I never said anything was impossible, and I was very careful to say that I wasn't 100% sure.

No fooling of physics involved at all. A bullet is less sharp then a needle, it's about momentum and impact area among a whole bunch of other things, it may appear that the physics have been fooled, but only you're perception and understanding of the underlying physics is fool-able.
Tairaa

Postby Cole_Trickle » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:08 am

No fooling of physics involved at all. A bullet is less sharp then a needle, it's about momentum and impact area among a whole bunch of other things, it may appear that the physics have been fooled, but only you're perception and understanding of the underlying physics is fool-able.

AH Indeed. Momentum x mass surely my buddy vulcan6gun can explain this by , say, caliber and feet per second. :lol: :lol: 9 mils pass right thru where as .40 and .45 knock you on your back side. A weak analogy but never the less accurate.

Twisters drive 2x4's thru walls only if the narrow end strikes the wall, long sides damage the wall but fall victim to the mass of the wall. Pretty simple stuff.

A paper spitball would have to be wrapped extremely tight increasing it's mass before it can maintain enough momentum to pass through a rock. :lol: :lol:

I don't recall any straw through telephone poles at the WTC site. :lol:

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby greeney2 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:36 am

I don't recall any straw through telephone poles at the WTC site.

Or the straw that went right in your right ear and out the left! :lol:

Try the penny trick tiarra and let me know if you can hammer a pin thru it or did it just bend.
greeney2

Postby Cole_Trickle » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:24 am

Cole
Cole_Trickle

PreviousNext

Return to The War on Terrorism & Homeland Security

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts