The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Very cool picture!

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby greeney2 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:10 am

Here is the link, I don't know how to transfer a picture into the text box.

Sure look mighty close, I'm sure its the camera lens.

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Naval-Air ... BlEAwDW7oF
greeney2

Postby greeney2 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:30 am

We used to goto the VN airport to watch the fighters coming in for the Airshow. They loved to ham it up with a few noisy flyovers and wake the neighbors up. It was soooo cool, they would taxi past us all on the ground cheering them on, and they loved giving us all a salute. We were able to park close enough to the taxi way to see the pilots face to face when they passed by. The VN airshow was pretty tame, as far as airshows go. They wouldn;t allow the Blue Angels but we did have some B-2 flyovers 50 feet above the runway. What a sight that is. :lol:
greeney2

Postby shadowfx » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:54 am

Very cool.
Around here we get Warhog's (I think that's the type) that fly over all the time.
Dropping down and then rising again.
Seems like traing missions in the mountains.
Very cool stuff.

Then again I grew up near the end of a runway for a small private airport. (about 1/2 mile away)
I was always amazed at each plane going overhead. Used to hike down to the actual end of runway and hangout during the summers. Very wooded area there but hanging out at the edge of the tree line was one of my favorite things.

Good post Greeney and John.
shadowfx

Postby greeney2 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:03 am

When I was a kid growing up in Buffalo, My Dad would take us to the air show at Bell Aircraft in the 50's. My Mom's relatives were from Fairborn, Ohio, so we would got to visit them in the summer. My Aunts both worked at Wright Patterson AF base, where my Dad spent many many bussiness trips working for Bell Aircraft. I'll always remember driving into Fairborn, and to my Aunts homes, right next to the base, you would either be seeing B-52's taking off or coming in for landings that would fly right over your car. What a sight those were too. We would also always have B-52's fly in for the Van Nuys airshow. I thing still today, is one of the most beautiful aircraft ever built. Even to todays standards they are sleek and awesome looking. Imagine they are still being flown today.
greeney2

Postby BloodStone » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:38 am

I'm lucky I get to see thunderbolt a10's and stealth bombers fly over my house frequently.
you can hear them hit the after burners coming over the mtn.

I also have property in Upstate NY, I see all kinds of military craft from the US and Canada, we have such awesome machines.

BloodStone...
If it were raining hookers, I'd get hit by a fag.
BloodStone

Postby chiselray » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:04 pm

not a bad picture..

i live near an airport,we see planes coming and going all the time..at the start of their take off's when they wind up the engines at night and everythings silent around the suburb that sounds cool..
Those lights on the wings even reflect off my driveway..
chiselray

Postby Tairaa » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:57 pm

Around here we get Warhog's (I think that's the type) that fly over all the time.

Ahh the A-10! That's a nice aircraft, I like it. Do they look like this:
Is the one in the OP an f-15 or an f-14? I can't tell how big it is... Looks like an f-15 to me.

Either way it's an awesome picture. Look at the guy on the patio, right at that point in time I bet you he was thinking "Holy crap!"
Last edited by Tairaa on Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby chiselray » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:59 pm

the guy on the patio was probably pissed off at being woken up
chiselray

Postby bionic » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:12 am

Those pics are so cool..can you imagine seeing that in person?
That would be wild. (and maybe, kinda scary)
“Whether you sniff it smoke it eat it or shove it up your ass the result is the same: addiction.”
― William S. Burroughs
(love&forgive yourself..and everyone else)
bionic

Postby Cole_Trickle » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:50 am

Is the one in the OP an f-15 or an f-14? I can't tell how big it is... Looks like an f-15 to me.

Try f-18 ;)

best,

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Next

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts