The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

The ashes 1-0

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby Lashmar » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:00 pm

F*** it…Rath and me will be diverting most threads I recon so I’ll just create this and be done with.

The second ashes test starts on Thursday between England and the Aussies.

Injury news:

England wait on Flintoff fitness

England will decide on Wednesday whether all-rounder Andrew Flintoff is fit to play in the second Ashes Test, which starts at Lord's on Thursday.

Really don’t know why because he’s nothing special. Anyone else would have been dropped years ago.

Does anyone know if Brett Lee is going to be playing? I hope so I enjoy watching him bowl. :D

England squad: AJ Strauss (capt), AN Cook (Essex), RS Bopara (Essex), KP Pietersen (Hampshire), PD Collingwood (Durham), MJ Prior (Sussex, wkt), A Flintoff (Lancashire), SCJ Broad (Nottinghamshire), GP Swann (Nottinghamshire), JM Anderson (Lancashire), MS Panesar (Northamptonshire), IR Bell (Warwickshire), G Onions (Durham), SJ Harmison (Durham)

Aussie team please Rath? Unchanged?
Last edited by Lashmar on Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Lashmar » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:08 pm

Just watch this for luck:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/8145070.stm

I’ve never seen that before. I’ve seen a lot of odd things on a cricket field but nothing like that. :o :lol: :lol:

This is just stunning to watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8tFgtzeA2M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puu9Gwiy ... re=related

I'm a bowler (my actions a cross between Jeff and Fidel Edwards) so I like to watch that sort of stuff. :D
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Lashmar » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:20 am

England all-rounder Andrew Flintoff has announced he will retire from Test cricket at the end of the current Ashes series against Australia.

Shame but lets face it, he’s spent more time off the field than he has on recently. He's not as good as he was so why keep playing him just becuase of what he did in the past. :roll:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/8151402.stm
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby rath » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:39 pm

England ....... 6-364 :roll:
rath

Postby Nesaie » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:13 pm

Cricket? You guys watch that shyte???

Man...I dated an Indian for a while and saw part of this crap...never again....Too long, too slow, and too boring.

Stick with soccer. 8-)
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby Lashmar » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:35 pm

rath wrote:England ....... 6-364 :roll:

we're doing well my friend. :lol: :lol: :roll:

Cook got past 40 balls today. He faces less than 40 balls in 44% of his innings. :lol: :lol: :roll:

I kid you not. KP did his usual, crap, same as every other England batsman apart from Strauss.

We have three batsmen. Strauss, Colly, and Jimmy Anderson at 11. Jimmy top scored against the Windies last year with 38. :oops: :lol: :lol:

We have got to have the worst selectors in the world. Broad is only there because, sometimes, he bats well. He’s at 8 and he’s a bowler. WTF is that saying to the 7 above him:

"We know you’re sh*t, but we can’t tell the press that, so we have to play this lad who looks about as threatening as a the old bastards you get on a Saturday in league cricket, because you can’t fucking bat you useless sods."

Broad is an embarrassment. Has he looked like taking a wicket for more than one spell in a match yet? No. It’s like shoving me out there.

I wont even start about KP. He is not the `best` player ever. It’s insulting to Viv Richards to even mention Kevin Pietersen in the same book (sentence isn’t good enough), they’re miles apart. Viv looked like he wanted to be there. KP look like he’s better than everyone else even though his form and record says other wise.

Look back at the England batting since the 05 ashes. You will see two failures in that top six every time, two 30’s/40’s and then two 50+ scores. That’s all we do. When the batsmen know they need to get runs they get them then they get nothing else for the next 8 games because they got their runs then.

We have got the worst system in the world. Get rid of the selectors, get rid of the ECB, everything, just get rid of it.

Yes them at TMS get a lot of e-mails from me. I had one read out last year, I was most pleased because it was read out by Tuffers and he’s my hero, he’s a laugh.
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Lashmar » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:46 pm

Nesaie wrote:Cricket? You guys watch that shyte???

Man...I dated an Indian for a while and saw part of this crap...never again....Too long, too slow, and too boring.

You’re an American love. You have the attention span of a small fly and the class of an African. You wont understand cricket for the simple fact that `you are an American`. It’s not in your nature to understand the finer details of things and the subtle art of a sport like cricket.

A test mach is like a book. There are so many things going on, there’s always something of interest happening. Even if it’s a slow, low, horrid road out there you still have the radio to keep you going. On the Telly they get board sometimes but on the radio they always have something to talk about.

BTW I have to commend the Aussie commentators they have on TMS. Greg Chapel, Jason Gillespie and some other bloke I can’t remember the name of are very good commentators and they’re unusually fair for Aussies.

I dated an Indian for a while and saw part of this crap

If the game was from India then that's why it was crap. F*** me they have some slow things (I don't call them wickets, most of the time they're too slow to call roads :cry: :lol: ) out there. Bolwers hate India. :cry: :x

Stick with soccer. 8-)

Do you want to laugh Rath or can I? :)
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Lashmar » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:53 pm

Lashmar wrote:
Nesaie wrote:Cricket? You guys watch that shyte???

You’re an American love. You have the attention span of a small fly and the class of an African. You wont understand cricket for the simple fact that `you are an American`. It’s not in your nature to understand the finer details of things and the subtle art of a sport like cricket.

A test mach is like a book. There are so many things going on, there’s always something of interest happening. Even if it’s a slow, low, horrid road out there you still have the radio to keep you going. On the Telly they get board sometimes but on the radio they always have something to talk about.

Edit: You weren't brought up with it. I was so I find it very easy to understand and follow.

BTW I have to commend the Aussie commentators they have on TMS. Greg Chapel, Jason Gillespie and some other bloke I can’t remember the name of are very good commentators and they’re unusually fair for Aussies.

I dated an Indian for a while and saw part of this crap

If the game was from India then that's why it was crap. F*** me they have some slow things (I don't call them wickets, most of the time they're too slow to call roads :cry: :lol: ) out there. Bolwers hate India. :cry: :x

Stick with soccer. 8-)

Do you want to laugh Rath or can I? :)
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Wing-Zero » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:49 pm

Nesaie wrote:Stick with soccer. 8-)

I'd like it put on the record that I've no affiliation with that kind of American.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby Lashmar » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:06 am

Wing-Zero wrote:
Nesaie wrote:Stick with soccer. 8-)

I'd like it put on the record that I've no affiliation with that kind of American.

good. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Next

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts