The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

Ice Age 3, 3D A-O-K

Feel like posting something completely unrelated to the message forums? Feel free! This forum is dedicated to have a place where members can sit, relax and just chat about anything!

Postby cormac » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:19 am

So i went to see Ice Age 3, 3D at the IMAX and it was cool

first off, i haven't seen a 3d movie since whatever Creature from the Black Lagoon movie was "3D" -- well THAT was a huge disappointment and so i haven't even bothered since ... well if you haven't seen a 3d movie lately, i encourage you to go and experience one ... wow ... really cool ... and for those of you who remember the lame old 3d, this is everything you always thought 3d should be ... there was stuff that looked like it was halfway between my seat and the screen ... very cool

you still have to wear glasses but they look like buddy holly glasses

and also, as far as the movie itself goes, it was good ... i'm an ice age fan so i'm partial but for those of you with kids (or low-attention spans) the theatre was more than half full (first matinee on opening day) and i really wasn't annoyed with any of the kids in the theatre ... and i get annoyed pretty quick when i'm trying to watch a movie and kids, adults, the voices in my head can't shut up for 90 minutes and watch something ... so by that gauge, i'm thinking it was a good kids movie ... it really caught and held their attention :)

certainly well worth the $8 -- which is only a dollar more than the usual IMAX matinee :)
take care :)
cormac

"I have measured out my life with coffee spoons"
-- T.S. Eliot
cormac

Postby Dark-Samus » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:18 pm

Nice, I`ll probably watch it this week :mrgreen:
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby Sparty » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:30 pm

The advantage of the new 3d isn't that it makes it feel like things are jumping out at you (although that does happen) it is the depth effect that you get. Instead of things going forward, I notice that things are going away...it is more like looking out a window. The depth field is really something to see when it is done right. I can't wait for Cameron's Avatar to come out...I have a feeling that it is going to revolutionize how we watch movies.

Zounds!
Sparty
A dreamcatcher works, if your dream is to be gay.
--Demetri Martin
Sparty

Postby cormac » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:38 am

wow i'd totally forgotten about that movie ... remember when it was announced i was still messing about in second life lol ... yeah i can't wait to see that ... i think you're right, it will change film viewing :)
take care :)
cormac

"I have measured out my life with coffee spoons"
-- T.S. Eliot
cormac

Return to The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts