The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

its official Americans are fat.....

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby CodeBlack » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:55 pm

There is no 1 cause for people being fat, genetics, diet, disease, lack of exercise, habits. But I blame women. No offense ladies but everytime I go to a fast food joint the line is filled with women with kids. Women don't cook anymore. And you can cook cheaper than fast food. I do it all the time. And fast food has steadily gotten worse and worse. The quality is below what I will accept. I hardly ever go to FF anymore but when I do the line is full of women in my way. No offense ladies but damn. You can cook delicious meals for less than $3 per person. I do it. People should go to a cooking school. Thats worth its weight in gold, or chile cheese fries.

The best times most people remember about their family is when they get together for dinner, holidays. If you don't cook then it don't happen. Sad. I guess I'm spoiled. My mother and grandmothers were excellent cooks, aunts too. They were old school.

Bisquits and gravy, cheapest thing on earth. Rice and beans too. Chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes, mmm, mmm. Hamburger mash potato pie whoo! Sauerkraut & Weenies very good. 3 bean caserole, ok maybe not so good.

Let me get you started: http://www.epicurious.com/

"Fix me a sandwich woman." -Mulder, X Files

"If I don't get lunch, you're gonna get punched."
Rockstar

Wait, one more. There we go.
Keine Lust
N2TheBlack
CodeBlack

Postby greeney2 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:17 pm

There is no 1 cause for people being fat, genetics, diet, disease, lack of exercise, habits.

Thats 5 things!

Bisquits and gravy, cheapest thing on earth. Rice and beans too. Chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes, mmm, mmm. Hamburger mash potato pie whoo! Sauerkraut & Weenies very good. 3 bean caserole, ok maybe not so good.

Delicious and healthy are 2 different things Code. HIgh fat, fried, hamburger pie, weenies, casseroles usually are delicious, but count the numbers on those things.
greeney2

Postby Wing-Zero » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:23 pm

CodeBlack wrote:Bisquits and gravy, cheapest thing on earth. Rice and beans too. Chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes, mmm, mmm. Hamburger mash potato pie whoo! Sauerkraut & Weenies very good. 3 bean caserole, ok maybe not so good.

And that's healthy... how, again?
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby jwebb » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:05 am

greeney2 wrote:

Delicious and healthy are 2 different things Code. HIgh fat, fried, hamburger pie, weenies, casseroles usually are delicious, but count the numbers on those things.

that is gross dog food.. you arent serious are you?
There can be no faith in government if our highest offices are excused from scrutiny - they should be setting the example of transparency.
jwebb

Postby Tairaa » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:19 pm

No way, I like the high-fat foods. BUT, I am not fat, so there is nothing wrong with me consuming the amount of fatty foods that I do. It doesn't build up, because I work it off.

I can eat a 4 cup bowl of mixed vegetables 8 times a day and still be hungry. I need stuff like biscuits and gravy, or cassarolles, beef stroganoff etc.

Hmmm... Beef stroganoff is pretty good, now I'm hungry. :(
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby cowboy » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:10 pm

i agree completly, homemade foods are naturally healthier because they don't have all the extra additives. and as far as people being fat, it is because they are lazy. if you are continually active your body's metabolism will adjust and burn more fat and calories naturally. the main thing about food is avoid the manufactured stuff and try to eat in balance... not low fat, not high fat, just balanced
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds!
cowboy

Postby greeney2 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:15 pm

I can eat a 4 cup bowl of mixed vegetables 8 times a day and still be hungry. I need stuff like biscuits and gravy, or cassarolles, beef stroganoff etc.

Hmmm... Beef stroganoff is pretty good, now I'm hungry

Thats you, not everyone, consider yourself lucky, and also consider your age. Its a different story when you are 18, from 28, to 38 to 58.

Cowboy thats a great theory, but even home make stuff isn't always healthy, and many of the ingrediants do have additives.
greeney2

Postby Tairaa » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:39 pm

Pretty sure that 90% of people that do the amount of activity I do would be ok to eat as much -or close to as much- as I do.

The problem inlies, in that people don 't do sh*t nowadays.

Of course genetics and age play a role as well, I won't be the same when I'm 50.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Wing-Zero » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:53 pm

Tairaa wrote:Pretty sure that 90% of people that do the amount of activity I do would be ok to eat as much -or close to as much- as I do.

The problem inlies, in that people don 't do sh*t nowadays.

Of course genetics and age play a role as well, I won't be the same when I'm 50.

Pfft, I do 100% of nothing and am still underweight for my age and height.

I'll worry about it when I'm 30. Even then, I'm counting on my family's genetics to stay strong.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby cowboy » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:04 pm

greeney2 wrote:

Thats you, not everyone, consider yourself lucky, and also consider your age. Its a different story when you are 18, from 28, to 38 to 58.

Cowboy thats a great theory, but even home make stuff isn't always healthy, and many of the ingrediants do have additives.

i said healthier, and it depends on where you get your ingredients and what brands you get
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds!
cowboy

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts