The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Level of heatwave alert increased

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby Lashmar » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:58 am

London and south-east England are now classed as Level 3 with temperatures set to reach at least 32C.

Shocking. 32 c and they’re complaining that it’s hot. I’m not one for shorts and you wont catch me in sandals (only took my boots of two months ago for god sake :roll: :lol: ) and I’m still not feeling this heat wave. They complain when it’s hot, they complain when it’s cold. Get over it.

I tell you now that it was about 32 over the weekend, I was running about all day and it wasn’t the unbearable heat that you get, fine it was uncomfortable but that was it.

I had to laugh the other day, at Wimbledon they were going on about closing the new roof (witch they’re very proud of BTW :D ) if it got too hot. Come on now, it gets up into the 40’s when they have the Aussie open and they want to shut the roof because it might get to 33c.

Piss off it’s lovely.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8128382.stm

I think the excuse for them whining like this is that we don’t have `air con` in our homes. To be honest I don’t even have heating in my house let alone anything as fancy as air con.
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Angel1979 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:00 am

I think it depends on each person. I personally find this heat horrible and I usually stay indoors for most of the summer. I'm very fair and burn easily too which makes me avoid the sun, two of my sisters love this weather, they don't think it's ever too hot in this country. If I ever get to have another holiday abroad I'm avoiding anywhere hot and if I don't have a choice I'll be going in the rainy season so it's much cooler.

I like to think of myself as a delicate flower, I wilt in direct sunlight :lol:
Angel1979

Postby Lashmar » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:04 am

Angel1979 wrote:I like to think of myself as a delicate flower, I wilt in direct sunlight :lol:

Your back! :D :D :D

You are a delicate flower love, don't worry.

Personally I like the cold more than the heat but this isn’t bad. :D

February was lovely as well. The snow lasted for three weeks where I am. :D :D :D
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Tairaa » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:35 am

Angel1979 wrote:I think it depends on each person. I personally find this heat horrible and I usually stay indoors for most of the summer. I'm very fair and burn easily too which makes me avoid the sun, two of my sisters love this weather, they don't think it's ever too hot in this country. If I ever get to have another holiday abroad I'm avoiding anywhere hot and if I don't have a choice I'll be going in the rainy season so it's much cooler.

I like to think of myself as a delicate flower, I wilt in direct sunlight :lol:

32ºC isn't that hot though, really. I mean, it's definitely uncomfortable, grass dies, people dehydrate, and the unhealthy ones (primarily, not solely) get heat stroke and stuff...

But it's not really worth media attention beyond a general disclaimer: It's hot out. Drink water.

JMO though.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Lashmar » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:55 am

Code: Select all
and the unhealthy ones (primarily, not solely) [u]DIE![/u] :twisted:  :lol:  :lol: 

slightly edited. :lol: :lol: :lol:

We’re not ready for anything out side of our normal weather. It snowed and London stopped. Shut down stopped. One of the largest and most important cities in the world was brought to it’s knees because of snow. :roll: :lol: :lol:

Although the good thing that came out of that was watching good old Boris (mayor of London) walk out of a meeting because he was busy. He’s a legend. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Tairaa » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:04 pm

Yeap, I know. We get snow periodically, every second winter or so.

Last winter we got more snow then is regular, out city doesn't invest in lots of snow plows and the like because we don't typically get enough snow to warrant their use. So the one time we do, we where pretty screwed. I, of course, was fine. I didn't happen to need to go into town during this time, but had I, not only did public transit still operate (Our buses sound like tanks, and they apparently function much the same also) I would have been able to bike or walk through the 2 feet of snow.

2 feet of snow and a couple of hundred thousand people are suddenly entrapped and all that...

That'd be the shittiest time for a zombie outbreak, no one would be able to resist! They'd all be trapped in their homes. :lol:

Except for me! :P
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Lashmar » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:08 pm

That was the first snow in 18 years in London! :shock:
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Tairaa » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:17 pm

18 years? WOW!

My god, what kind of climate do you live in?! :shock:
Tairaa

Postby Lashmar » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:21 pm

A fucked up one. :lol: :lol: :lol:

We have palm trees in the west country. :D :lol: :lol: And Bananas in Norfolk (they’ve only just got the car so we better not tell them that they have tropical fruit there as well).
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Cole_Trickle » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:37 pm

High 70's for a high Today ~~can't ever remember a July 1'st day so cool! Amazing! Oh and very very welcomed!

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Next

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts