The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Unidentified Flying Objects

MUFON

Although some attribute UFOs to being an ALIEN technology, it really isn't. Inside this forum, you are welcome to talk about UFOs, sightings, case files, and new events. Feel free to post videos, photographs, and whatever other evidence you want to share!

Postby SneakyPete » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:13 pm

Is anyone that comes to this site and these forums a MUFON member? I am very interested in joining. Thanks
SneakyPete

Postby cowboy » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:31 pm

I used to be, it can be good. you just get a newsletter every month and can go to the symposiums, if you want to pay for it
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds!
cowboy

Postby joequinn » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:33 pm

I would like very much to become a MUFON investigator one day, but I have heard that MUFON has been infiltrated by Government disinformation agents who are undermining its investigative work. Is there any truth to these rumors or have I been misinformed?
joequinn

Postby cowboy » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:07 pm

i wouldn't think so, MUFON has always been one of the biggest supporters of UFO's and ET's. just look at there web site. although, even if they haven't been infiltrated, everyone is subject to disinformation. all ufo groups and enthusiasts struggle against it to try and figure out what is true and what is not
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds!
cowboy

Postby Magicpete » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:41 pm

I used to be a member of MUFOn and still check the site regularly. I attended one conference in St. Louis MO in 2001. The conference was pretty good. I was a tad disappointed, but some very intersting stuff was discussed. I had to catch a plane out Sunday so missed part of the last day. Two presentations I heard that were quite good included the last interview with Jesse Marcel recorded by a woman whose name I forget right now. She was NOT a ufo investigator which I thought added credibility to her words. John Groeneveld was at this conference and that's where I first heard of this site. The monthly newsletter is good, but not always consistent in quality. I met some very interesting people some of whom I still correspond with to this day.
Magicpete

Postby dejarma » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:07 pm

Imo mufon spend far too much time (& no doubt money) investigating some of the most ludicrous claims where, again imo, common bloody sense would tell me to leave well alone!!! therefore i take whatever they say with a bucket full of salt :roll:
dejarma

Postby Wickerman1972 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:06 pm

dejarma wrote:Imo mufon spend far too much time (& no doubt money) investigating some of the most ludicrous claims where, again imo, common bloody sense would tell me to leave well alone!!! therefore i take whatever they say with a bucket full of salt :roll:

The fact is that some UFO incidents, especially CE3s, are bizarre. To filter them based on how they sound on the surface would be to behave as NICAP did for so long and that is no good for anyone.
Wickerman1972

Postby Wickerman1972 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:11 pm

Btw, the MUFON Journal was mentioned and for those who don't know those can all be found (Up through 2007 anyway.) right here at the Black Vault in the Encyclopedia section in .pdf format.
Wickerman1972

Return to Unidentified Flying Objects

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts