The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Situation in Zimbabwe…

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby Lashmar » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:25 am

the ONLY thing that will save them, is recolonialising.

Hell yeah! I said that a few weeks ago (can’t remember what thread it was though).

I agree 100% with that statement. :D :D :D
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Aquatank » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:18 am

Re-Colonizing Africa won't work for long, because colonization is inherently a form of exploitation that saps the raw materials from an area providing little in return and outsources labor from the colonizer. All that a colonizer does in that situation is run a dictatorship with an absentee-landlord.

The best thing possible for Africa is to help its nations become self-sufficient agrarian societies with exports traded at fair prices so that imported goods meet the needs of the people in general and not just the ill-concieved wants from usual assortment of the power hungry.

You help by teaching self sufficiency and helping provide materials for the people. Its a matter of creating a bunch of "MacGyvers" not controlling a bunch of "Yes Sirs".
Aquatank

Postby Lashmar » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:46 am

Yes but for the time being that’s the only way.
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Aquatank » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:05 pm

I don't think so basically colonization is a military backed immigration. That means

1st you need immigrants who are willing to put themselves and their childrens lives at risk from Malaria and other nasty diseases common to Africa.

2nd The military has to invade and overthrow current governments which may end up being worse than the previous dicatator bloodshed wise, and will end up with a strong terrorist resistence against the colonization.

The workable method I outlined above is largely what many groups are trying to get started but is a difficult road much like it is here in the USA getting poverty eliminated or other change, even the smallest change can mean resistence example we were supposed to be totally on the metric system almost 25 years ago but we aren't not even on our roadsides and maps or on the nightly weather. And the USA is a fairly newly occupied Africa has been occupied since the beginnings of humanity and stubborness of tradition runs deep. Look at the African witch hunts of today and you see a populace that still sees the supernatural everywhere and gives in to scams involving it (exorcisms for your annual pay) and magick-users who refuse to give up on human body parts for spell components. To alarge extent change is going to come slow until things like education are universal for children to high school level and that those schools teach the viable skills for a self sustaining country. Ignorance, poverty, and fear make for fertile grounds for fabnaticism, lawlessness and totalitarianism.
Aquatank

Postby Lashmar » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:10 am

Aquatank wrote:2nd The military has to invade and overthrow current governments which may end up being worse than the previous dicatator bloodshed wise, and will end up with a strong terrorist resistence against the colonization.

I agree with that but that’s what we’ve done in Iraq basically ;) :| . Sorry but Rhodesia needs it. SA and Kenya you can leave alone but Rhodesia and others like it need to get invaded again.
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Aquatank » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:24 am

I'm not one for using violence, but if Rhodesia were to be fixed that way it'd have to be done in a very sneaky manner. I figure it would be popular coup since it has plenty of those nobody would notice much, but its who a western nation puts into power and how the reforms are introduced that is the most important. Throwing in a dictator generally turns out badly, putting in a corrupt (as in corrupted to the western nations plan and by them) congress and president in a puppet democracy would work better in the long run. And if trouble brews the hegemony must be able to get assistence from said western nation or one of its proxies. (say get American financing under the table for a French Foreign Legion Peace Keeping mission. This is what I suspect we already do in the Ivory Coast to keep the cocoa flowing).
Aquatank

Postby Lashmar » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:35 am

but its who a western nation puts into power and how the reforms are introduced that is the most important.

That’s just it. Nobody is going to be put in. For Rhodesia they’re going to go back to how it was when we first took over, we own it and we run it. Then after a few years (not sure how long) of that they should be up on their feet enough to be allowed to run themselves like Scotland do, still ran by the English but things like taxes and education (not health though) they can run themselves.
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Lashmar » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:41 am

jwebb wrote:
Lashmar wrote:

Personally I don’t agree with panda’s stance over Iran but that’s only because I think they haven’t got it that hard compared to some countries, Rhodesia where less than 15% of the population are employed.

are you freaking serious???

In fairness that should read:

`Rhodesia where less than 15% of the population are employed.`

rather than unemployed. My bad. :oops:

Wing-Zero wrote:
Lashmar wrote:Personally I don’t agree with panda’s stance over Iran but that’s only because I think they haven’t got it that hard compared to some countries, Rhodesia where less than 15% of the population are unemployed.

Really.

People's democratic right to vote being blatantly denied, tampered with, and generally s**t over isn't grounds for "having it hard"?

I like you mate so I'm not going to tell you where to put it.

People's democratic right to vote being blatantly denied, tampered with, and generally s**t over isn't grounds for "having it hard"?

No. Are they selling little kids yet? No.

Are they effectively using money that isn’t worth what it’s printed on? No.

Is there 85%+ unemployment? No.

Do they have a vote? kinda. :?

Don’t be so fucking selfish for a change. :x :roll:
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Tairaa » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:48 am

No. Are they selling little kids yet? No.

Are they effectively using money that isn’t worth what it’s printed on? No.

Is there 85%+ unemployment? No.

Do they have a vote? kinda. :?

Don’t be so fucking selfish for a change. :x :roll:

Gotta be the silliest thing I've ever seen you type out...

A country is down on it's luck, has no food or money, so what should we do? Send in the commandos and kill the few people who are making money off of the situation?

BUT, while a country is full of people who are being oppressed and led by a dictator and they are rioting to overthrow him, we should stay here?

No. Military force would make a positive difference in Iran right now, military force would not make a positive difference in Rhodesia. No amount of military might will bring them food production capabilities, and help their economy. Now instead of the little girl being sold for sex and fed barely enough to live, the little girl dies. Which is better? Probably death, but by a great deal? Some might disagree and think that death is worse then being a sex object... It doesn't matter, because the difference is hardly there, it is still a horrible, bleak situation, and military power won't do anything for any of them.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Lashmar » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:32 am

Tairaa wrote:Gotta be the silliest thing I've ever seen you type out...

I've said dumber things. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wasn't finished either BTW. I had dinner and I was hungry.

A country is down on it's luck, has no food or money, so what should we do? Send in the commandos and kill the few people who are making money off of the situation?

I’m not for sending in the Army or anything like that. It wasn’t posted to say that or anything along them lines. It was meant to show that Iran doesn’t have it as bad as some say. :roll:

Khmer Rouge destroyed Cambodia. People ignored it.

They destroyed all the books, went into schools and hacked kids to bit with machetes, destroyed towns, you name it they did it. The four-year period that Pol-Pot was in charge saw the death of 2 million Cambodians, in four year that happened and the world stood there. It only stopped because the Vietnamese invaded them I think. I’m not sure and I’m not sure why the Vietnamese did, I thought they were allies to be honest (I was clearly wrong).

The world stood by and watch that. They’re standing by and watching Rhodesia now but they’re complaining about Iran. It's stupid. I can understand why Sat hates that sort of person.

If that is a `silly` post then you need to get your head looked at.
Read between the lies
Lashmar

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts