The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Crazy Weather

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby Cole_Trickle » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:53 am

I'm a long time weather geek, I love weather but something is amiss as of late. The T, Storms are intense, the lightning unreal, the straight line winds completely ridiculous. I've already told my wife to expect significant storm related damage one day, it's just a matter of time.

Yesterday was another near miss by no more than 2 miles. Just down the road trees down, power out, electric poles snapped. :shock: :shock:

I'm the kind of person that has always been able to anticipate things before they happen and am hardly ever wrong. Imagine power out in this heat wave, it's shameful some have to ask or wonder what it would be like. Well 8,200 people found out yesterday as they slowly baked in their homes last night while trying to sleep.

Many of you here who have read some of my posts about the heat in this valley probably wonder how bad it really is. I wish you were here to gain the knowledge without having to trust me when I say it's hot as hell. Not even noon and the heat index is already near 100 degrees.

We've had over 10 inches of rain since May 1'st, imagine that baking out of the ground with a dew point near 80. It's insanely hot, the humidity off the charts. It's not a good day to forget a child in the back seat of your car. They'd have about 30 mins max.

I see where it's hot as hell in Florida today as well, heat index in Tampa 113 degrees, but you'll more than likely have a breeze down there, it's totally different up here. Easily the hottest place in the states, when it really gets hot is this valley it's deadly. It's an area from St Louis to Memphis, to Louisville, north to Cincy, and over to Indy. Insanely hot and very very dangerous. This will take some lives, only a matter of time. Even the migrant workers struggle in this stuff.

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby Lashmar » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:34 am

It’s about 75F here (I used the Old/USA system to make it easer for you) and lovely. It’s odd though because it will go from this today to cold and windy the next, we had ground frost a few nights ago. :? :o

All winter it was freezing (it was lovely, nice and cold clear sky most days as well) but you’d get the odd day that it was warm or way above the average temperature, it was up in the 60’s one day in February.
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Dark-Samus » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:05 am

Everytime the sun is present I have a bad day :evil: :evil: :evil:
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby evutch » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:39 pm

where you at Cole?

i was through Ohio some 15 years ago, during that record setting year..
no air conditionning in the truck..
saw girls driving topless..
and i was too hot do give a crap.
THAT is the year airplanes sank in the tarmack at national airport.

i lost my air in the house this last week.
so, have enough fans to sound like national..

being an old farm boy, i can get used to it..
but not easy.

climate change?
i dunno..
but, it IS interesting.
looks like a pool weekend.

unless the T storms hit.
they ARE amazing.
evutch

Postby _Billy_ » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:14 pm

Come on fall.
"Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez" Let the Good Times Roll
_Billy_

Postby Dark-Samus » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:29 am

Yes FALL we miss you! :cry: :cry: :cry:
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts