The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Freedom of Information Act

FOIA. black magic marker

Come in to discuss your experience and troubles with the FOIA. Let everyone know what you are researching, and how you are doing!

Postby PKII » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:32 am

Anyone ever get a FOIA document that the FOIA person that marks out things forgot to mark something out?

I've looked a lot of FOIA documents mostly the word before "keyhole" is marked out. I did find one document they forgot to mark the word before "keyhole" and it was on the front page. lol

Anyone know the job title of the person that blacks out the classified pages of FOIA requests? :D
PKII

Postby Lashmar » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:59 am

[quote="PKII"Anyone know the job title of the person that blacks out the classified pages of FOIA requests? :D[/quote]

Redaction is what our government calls it so it would be a Redactor.

Cool job title. 8-) :lol: :lol:
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby PKII » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:14 pm

Thanks. I was thinking I could save the government a lot of money because I'd be willing to be a Redactor for free. :D
PKII

Postby Lashmar » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:18 pm

:lol:

that's alright my friend. :D
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby PKII » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:20 pm

I have read recently that some of the older PDF's released that you can read what is blacked out using cut and paste. Anyone try that. :o
PKII

Postby Paleo » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:14 am

PKII wrote:Anyone ever get a FOIA document that the FOIA person that marks out things forgot to mark something out?

I've looked a lot of FOIA documents mostly the word before "keyhole" is marked out. I did find one document they forgot to mark the word before "keyhole" and it was on the front page. lol

Anyone know the job title of the person that blacks out the classified pages of FOIA requests? :D

I don't know if there's a person with the specific JOB of editing documents. I'm sure it's a process of determining what can be shared and what can't. But I'm sure WHOEVER makes the final decision... isn't someone you can trust.
Paleo

Return to Freedom of Information Act

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts