The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The War on Terrorism & Homeland Security

61 Reasons Gitme needs to stay open.

Discuss the War on Terrorism, Homeland Security, Iraq, Afghanistan, North Korea and other global terrorist concerns.

Postby screamzero » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:18 am

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Pentagon said on Tuesday that 61 former detainees from its military prison camp at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, appear to have returned to terrorism since their release from custody.

Pentagon spokesman Geoff Morrell said 18 former detainees are confirmed as "returning to the fight" and 43 are suspected of having done in a report issued late in December by the Defense Intelligence Agency.
screamzero

Postby Tairaa » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:28 am

Hold them indefinitely. Shoot them. I dunno. If they are confirmed as being terrorists bound them and put them in front of a camera, scream some sh*t in American with a machete and chop off their heads. Give them a taste of irony.

The only problem, is that your methods aren't 100% accurate and so there are going to be some amount of none terrorist prisoners who are held indefinitely or shot.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby greeney2 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:42 am

One of them we know for sure died I think in a sucide bombing in Iraq that killed about 15 Iraqis people. What did the liberals say about that? They said the USA drove him to doing it becasue of Gitmo. Now if that were true, wouldn't he want to die killing Americans or servicemen in Iraq and not other Iraqis?

We would have been better off throwing them all out of the planes half way to Gitmo.
greeney2

Postby Tairaa » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:49 am

We would have been better off throwing them all out of the planes half way to Gitmo.

Uhm. Yeap. You would have been better off doing just that. Why even take prisoners? Why not shoot them?

I watched a video where a group of Marines stormed a building that insurgents were holding out in, and one of the insurgents was lying in the corner pretending to be dead, and a marine laughed and said "Hey, this guys faking being dead" and shot him. This seems like a solid policy to me.

But then again I'm feeling rather harsh and in compassionate today, so I might change my opinion later.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby screamzero » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:56 pm

Tairaa wrote:

Uhm. Yeap. You would have been better off doing just that. Why even take prisoners? Why not shoot them?

I watched a video where a group of Marines stormed a building that insurgents were holding out in, and one of the insurgents was lying in the corner pretending to be dead, and a marine laughed and said "Hey, this guys faking being dead" and shot him. This seems like a solid policy to me.

But then again I'm feeling rather harsh and in compassionate today, so I might change my opinion later.

I bet you didn't see the grenade the faker was laing over. It's a real safe environment over there ya know. Gitme?
screamzero

Postby Tairaa » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:05 pm

Oh I'd be willing to bet that he would have turned on them in an instant, and he was armed prior to his [fake] death so he wouldn't even have needed a grenade.
Tairaa

Postby greeney2 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:55 pm

Something about this story that rings of being very untrue. First, if you "stormed a building" its an all out blazing battle right from the start. All hell is breaking loose. Than you discribe something turned into search detail "finding an insurgent playing dead", so they shot him. Plenty of time to laugh and say "Hey, this guy is faking being dead" before they shot him???? Not to mention someone is with them, inside a building and able to be in the way filming. Very unlikely to be happening in this manner. I don't I believe a word of the story they way you just told it. If they are storming and clearing, an assault on the building, thats much different than house to house seaches and inspections, that are policing actions, not combat offencsives.

If they stormed a building, they are not going to stop until, they are dead, wounded and not able to fight, or they surrender. If someone is faking to be dead, he is still fighting and under those circumstances, did the right thing shooting him. If he is faking being dead, he is capable of surrendering, so should be considered still in combat.

This isn't your local police, or the standard of law enforcement you expect from them, this is War and these are Marines in Combat. Two totally different situations, and totally different standards of firing weapons with deadly force. They are also facing a suicidal mentality, where they believe dying this way killing one these Marines is honorable. Thankfully, the Marines think, killing them first before they take out the Marine standing next to him, is just as honorable. As harsh as it seems, you try clearing the inside of a building, in close quarters, knowing in a heartbeat everyone could die, and not knowing if the dead guy may be faking or really dead. If he is really dead, shooting him again won't hurt him, and if he is faking, you probably got all of you killed, being Roy Rogers. You do state in your story the Marine confirmed he was faking, so the Marine did not just shoot the guy with no reason. War is a nasty bussiness, and when you send Marines into a building facing many AK 47's, the enemy hasn't given up, and the mission is go in and kill them.
greeney2

Postby screamzero » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:42 am

Well said G2. The creep had a hidden grenade Tairuh. Handle it.
screamzero

Postby hxxx » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:53 am

I bet he's talking about the video of the marine killing the unarmed insurgent in Fallujah mosque.

The Marine could be heard insisting: “He’s f---ing faking he’s dead — he’s faking he’s f---ing dead.” Sites then watched as the Marine raised his rifle and fired into the man’s head from point-blank range.

“Well, he’s dead now,” another Marine said.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6496898/

If you haven't seen the video, it is clearly nothing for Americans to be proud of.
hxxx

Postby screamzero » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:18 am

Bullshyt. The tension dynamics were at a peak and prior experiences of these guys taught them well to not risk a possible booby trapped, tricked out or sneaky slick committed Jihadiast. No pride shamed here. ...and in your vid I don't here one son-of-a-bitch laughing. NOT ONE!!! :P So there's some more bullshyit, truth twisters. A pragmatic and dirty job done during war. Stick your pathetic and apologetic judgments in Hell somewhere. Don't get caught up with a protagonist that's determined to end your mischief after enticing him into a fight.

GawEd were these nut bags nice and stoopid to assault us in the first place. Did not these maniacs know what YOU well know! (Not counting the blinded for re-a-a-l ingnert leftist, moronic loon buckets that grovel in the darkness of insane moral equivocations like cave worms in bat shyt), messin' wit de U.S.A. pisses of Marines! Ya don't do dat noise; especially if he's bigger, badder, and heart felt about your nut ball loony ass religious suicide problem.

This is old ass news and done with.
Episode occurred Nov. 16th, 2004 and asinine accusations rendered useless May of 2005.
YOUR mental illness will continue to argue mindless restraint in this heat, but your a friggin' nut anyhow, so what you facially spew up means nadda. Hex Nut.

Marine cleared in mosque shootings probe

Military concludes
3 unarmed insurgents were slain in self-defense
A Marine corporal who was videotaped shooting an apparently injured and unarmed Iraqi in a Fallujah mosque last year will not face court-martial, the Marine Corps announced Wednesday.

Marine commander Lt. Gen. John Sattler has ruled the soldier involved fired his weapon in self-defense, and no charges will be filed against him, NBC News learned Wednesday.

Later Wednesday, Maj. Gen. Richard F. Natonski, commanding general of the 1st Marine Division, said that a review of the evidence showed the Marine’s actions in the shooting were “consistent with the established rules of engagement and the law of armed conflict.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7738733/
Last edited by screamzero on Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:35 am, edited 4 times in total.
screamzero

Next

Return to The War on Terrorism & Homeland Security

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts