The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The War on Terrorism & Homeland Security

61 Reasons Gitme needs to stay open.

Discuss the War on Terrorism, Homeland Security, Iraq, Afghanistan, North Korea and other global terrorist concerns.

Postby Desert-Dweller » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:57 pm

screamzero wrote:...and screw the "he's an insurgent" nice word...he's a terrorist in the wrong flamin' place.

I think he was in the perfect place.. in the sandbox and NOT here in the U.S blowing up another building.
Remember friend, as you pass by.
As you are now, so once was I.
As I am now, you soon shall be.
So, prepare for death, and follow me.
Desert-Dweller

Postby screamzero » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:16 pm

Desert-Dweller wrote:
screamzero wrote:...and screw the "he's an insurgent" nice word...he's a terrorist in the wrong flamin' place.

I think he was in the perfect place.. in the sandbox and NOT here in the U.S blowing up another building.

Thank you.
screamzero

Postby hxxx » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:05 pm

Tairaa wrote:

He's only a "terrorist" if he is commiting acts with the intent of scaring the masses. He is actually a fighter in the context we're using, he isn't planting bombs to blow buildings up, or any other such action to strike fear into the hearts of the population. He is there to fight and to die for his religion.

Religion may/may not have much to do with it.

Face it. He was an Iraqi fighting the destruction, invasion, and occupation of his land.

Most of us in his shoes would be doing the same.

You fellas want to paint it all as some religious hooey jihad BS. Go ahead if it makes you feel better.

The truth is most of you would be picking up arms if some foreign army rolled its tanks down your street and blew the f*ck out of most of your city, like we did to Fallujah, all in the name of liberating you.

Iraq was better off before we invaded. We were better off before we invaded.
hxxx

Postby Tairaa » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:26 pm

You fellas

Is equivocal to "me and my ilk" which means you're equivocally wrong in your assessment.

BUT I do happen to agree with most of the rest of you post, but face it, a lot of it has to be do with religion.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby greeney2 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:09 pm

Quote:
Something about this story that rings of being very untrue. First, if you "stormed a building" its an all out blazing battle right from the start. All hell is breaking loose. Than you discribe something turned into search detail "finding an insurgent playing dead", so they shot him. Plenty of time to laugh and say "Hey, this guy is faking being dead" before they shot him???? Not to mention someone is with them, inside a building and able to be in the way filming. Very unlikely to be happening in this manner. I don't I believe a word of the story they way you just told it.

Well, thanks for calling me a liar!

If I figured you'd be worth my time, you prick,
I would have found the video. I happen to be busy though, and I'm not wasting my time for someone who accuses me of lying.

Look on Youtube. Probably isn't there anymore, they take that sort of stuff down pretty quick. Check the link someone provided, I didn't check it but it might be it.
The guy with the Camera must have layed down or something right at the end, as if to specifically record it. It obviously wasn't one of the marines with a camera, must have been a journalist or something.

I never called you a liar, I said the story rings of not being true. and sure enough you admit to that. I don't appreciate being called a prick for knowing what these Marines are up against Storming and clearing a building in combat. Than you admit to the fact, nobody laughed afterall. You mischaracterized the entire event, with your editorial of what probably really happened, adding they laughed. When you are in a firefight and it gets to a point of storming a building to secure it, what do you think that means? It means go in a either kill them or if they surrender, capture them, decisively. Faking is a deceptive act to play possum, and kill your enemy off guard. The Marine did the right thing no matter how hard that is for you to watch, if the one faking was not signaling he surrenders. Believe me, they know how to do that when they have given up. Thats why its called a battle and Combat. It is not a police operation.

If you think that Marine was a prick, than I say good, he probably saved his own life and the lives of maybe everyone else storming that building. These people do not hesitate to blow themselves up to kill everyone. If he was faking, he was still fighting. Marines are the first ones in for a reason.
greeney2

Postby greeney2 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:12 pm

The truth is most of you would be picking up arms if some foreign army rolled its tanks down your street and blew the f*ck out of most of your city, like we did to Fallujah, all in the name of liberating you.

And the problem with your logic is insurgents usually target other Iraqis, or just people applying for jobs, or cooperating with coliliton troops. Might be a different story if their targets were always military ones.
greeney2

Postby hxxx » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:11 am

hxxx

Postby Tairaa » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:09 am

Firstly you did call me a liar when you said that the story as I told it was undertrue. I never described it as a search for people who were pretending to be dead, I said that he found one. He did find one. I never said he searched. I said they stormed a building, which they also did. The ONLY insequential detail that I was mistaken in was the laugh before saying that he was pretending to be dead and shooting him from a foot away. Woops! Sue me.
As for calling you a prick, you accuse me of lying, I accuse you of being a prick, from my way of thinking, being called a liar if far far worse then being called a prick.

Secondly
Than you admit to the fact, nobody laughed afterall. You mischaracterized the entire event, with your editorial of what probably really happened

I apologize for having a memory that doesn't support crystal clear recollection of events I witness in a video after years of storage, my bad, I'll try not to let that happen again. It obviously wasn't an intentional mischaracterization of the event, it's a minor detail. Why does it weight so heavily on you? You say it like I'm trying to discredit the Marine Corps, likely because you haven't read enough of my posts to understand my reason for posting, similar to ScreamerZero.

So I ask you this then, how can one truly argue against the morals of one who's moral direction you're unaware of? Kind of blind fire isn't it?

When you are in a firefight and it gets to a point of storming a building to secure it, what do you think that means? It means go in a either kill them or if they surrender, capture them, decisively. Faking is a deceptive act to play possum,

There we are, verification that you're not reading my posts. And this means that this is exactly the point at which I stop reading yours, because your post addressing me means nothing if you've not read my prior arguments. Why would you read this one after all? If you feel the urge to go back and read what I've said on the event, then go ahead. But I'm sure you'll find that there is really no longer anything to argue about. Here, I'll even do the work for you.
And before you unleash your judgements it would have been good to know that in this particular case I agree with how the situation was handled.

This is the last time I said it. There was 1 or 2 times prior to that when I said it also. Seems to me you're mischaracterizing the nature of my posts, Greeney! Screamer, see how you and your ilk make the same mistake one right after another? Interesting isn't it?
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Tairaa » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:10 am

greeney2 wrote:

And the problem with your logic is insurgents usually target other Iraqis, or just people applying for jobs, or cooperating with coliliton troops. Might be a different story if their targets were always military ones.

Might be a different story if we had statistics on that. usually target Iraqis? Or sometimes target Iraqis? From what I've seen and heard it's my understanding that typically they target coalition soldiers, and often either mis or take out civies in the attack also, since they deal in bombs mostly.
Tairaa

Postby Tairaa » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:13 am

Alright, I finished reading the rest now, and just as I had assumed, you've definitely not read my posts, and definitely are arguing points that I agree with....
Congrats.

The Marine did the right thing no matter how hard that is for you to watch, if the one faking was not signaling he surrenders. Believe me, they know how to do that when they have given up. Thats why its called a battle and Combat. It is not a police operation.

ME:Uhm. Yes, obviously!

If you think that Marine was a prick, than I say good, he probably saved his own life and the lives of maybe everyone else storming that building. These people do not hesitate to blow themselves up to kill everyone. If he was faking, he was still fighting. Marines are the first ones in for a reason.

ME:I never said the Marine was a prick, the Marine didn't accuse me of lying before he even took the time to read my posts! And as previously mentioned, 3 times before now, I think that the obvious best choice was to kill him. He isn't surrendering, he's trying to slip through their guards.
Tairaa

PreviousNext

Return to The War on Terrorism & Homeland Security

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts