The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

The BIG BANG does not suk...

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby screamzero » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:27 pm

screamzero

Postby jwebb » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:15 am

Is that link supposed to work?
Chemedoonam?
jwebb

Postby screamzero » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:18 am

First look down the barrel...then click.
Check your 'puter. The link's good.
Really, look at the whole thing...don't let prejudice throw you. Contempt prior to investigation leaves a person in eternal ignorance.
screamzero

Postby BloodStone » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:41 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice to see ya again screamer !

BloodStone...
If it were raining hookers, I'd get hit by a fag.
BloodStone

Postby inja » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:42 am

I did watch all four parts and have to admit it is a very good video. I could have done without the ending showing Hitler’s face and the put down of the Muslims. But I guess that belongs to the territory of the Christians having to make themselves feel their belief is the only correct one. To be fair of course all religious dogma has a tendency to behave this way.

I especially liked the part on time and the breakdown of what the 6 days of creation actually means depending on the angle of time you are looking at.

I am not an atheist but I am also not a Christian. I did not feel much compelled at the end to take the Christian faith into my heart. However what I do see with this movie is that Christianity due to science is becoming more aware of what their bible actually says and that certain verses can be taken literally (such as the time concept) but that there is a deeper meaning to them.

The very first video has this written beneath it….

“Modern cosmology has laid to rest the primitive creation myths of paganism, atheism, and eastern religions in favor of the God of the Bible.”

The video particularly targets atheist and the narrator obviously does not have an in depth understanding of Eastern religions or paganism. What he explained in his video you can find in Buddhism and Hinduism and yes even in paganism. Modern cosmology, science hasn’t laid anything to rest it has merely caught up with what many ancient mystics already have known and still practice. What science is doing is breathing life into the Christian creation story. What science is helping Christians do is to break out of dogma and one day the idea of “finite” will vanish too. And than even the Christian God will no longer be able to be labeled with human characteristics.

Science states that the universe was created out of the nothingness so the narrator tells us and than proceeds to explain that we only have two options. One that the universe is here by chance as an atheist would believe, two that at the single point of creation God was there.
I say there is a third option and that the “nothingness” is merely an area that is not understood by science and not even necessarily by religious dogma. Religious dogma still places “the source of all life” into a box labeled God with definite characteristics….and religion believes that they have figured out what God is. However quantum physics has shown us that out of the nothingness there still are appearing protons. The story of creation or evolution is not done nor finite. We are not the top dog in the chain of life….we are part of life. What the video did not explain is that when a star dies and a super nova occurs is that out of this enormous explosion life is created. The universe is not finite nor is the universe a constant it is evolving or continuing to create. Man just doesn’t know how to wrap it’s brain around that. So the universe is flying apart, I guess the video takes this as there will be an end. Science might too but mystics see this different. Refer to Sufism in regards of the universes expansion. Neither a beginning nor an end is required to have a "cause" and "purpose". The video never mentions purpose for life.

The narrator also talks about atheists feeling guilt and find excuses to take God out of the equation so they may not feel “Personal accountability to God.” I found that to be very interesting in regards to my own feelings towards many, many Christians. My own thoughts where that many Christians I have met “Lack personal accountability towards all of life”…even the Christian bible explains very simply that “all” of life was created by God….not just humans. Among the Christian followers there are many who have no respect for life around them. However a video like this shows if the Christian faith keeps going the way it is and combines science with it’s religion it will one day go back to it’s original roots or at least have greater off shoots from it’s current religious dogma and they will come to understand the awesomeness of Gods creation story that is still unfolding and will understand that all is eternal.

The video is worth watching and everybody will no doubt create their own opinion on what they are hearing from the narrator. There is a lot missing in the video in regards to how life is all connected , that’s just my opinion.

Screamzero you asked to put prejudice to the side while watching the video….but I have to say that the narrator themselves (especially in the last video) has a flair for sarcasm and prejudice for atheists and anyone who doesn’t not believe in the word from the bible. A bit unfair of you but I suppose your request can be understood.

Anyway thanks for the video. You might enjoy these videos…..they lack the undertone of Christianity of why your God is the right God. However Brian Swimme brings in the awesomeness of the universe and he expresses through his research the sacredness of life. And he fully and completely understands that the human race is not the only earthling living on this planet. I would ask you to put your prejudices to the side and listen first before creating an opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRykk_0ovI0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZckDXoFSy0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDr9wh_dGH8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaI6lCNZvZ0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnRJb-c4JEU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw0RS2Tfk74&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCfOoPCdq1E&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj-miyaElIs&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltOWgiMiBGo&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8ZcSw1KOSM&feature=related

There are 10 parts as you can see. Most of them are about 8 min long a few a little less.

One last thought….Charlie the Unicorn? Who names a unicorn…..Charlie?
Truth is stranger than fiction, because fiction has to make sense.
inja

Postby soespo » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:52 pm

So, thought I'd use my first post here to compliment inja. This is a very respectful, well-informed answer. I've seen these kinds of discussions turn ugly and personal so many times that I try to stay away from them, nice to see I don't have to here.

Anyway, I would just like to add one thing. On the point about there only being two options (either we believe there was a God that created the universe or it came into being by chance). I think the bigger question (and the fourth option) is: If the universe was created, is the creator a "god" sympathetic to its creation or is it just a form of information-wielding energy incapable of the human emotions of love & empathy?

Though I believe the universe was created...my beliefs coming from science not religion...(ex: the fact there were physical laws in place before there was matter for those laws to act upon) I am not convinced that what it was created by is God...not our idea of God, anyway.
soespo

Postby screamzero » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:02 pm

As far as I am concerned Inja...the video is the video. The science touch
is what appealed to me. As for "my" god being the right and only one...
well...I believe that is easily resolved by discerning G-d as you understand
him, not as I do nor as the author of the video does. I am monotheistic.

A diamond is multi-faceted, rough cut
or otherwise...
and remains just as hard as when first discovered.
They just get more beautiful with proper craft.

As for the teachings from the East , I most heartily agree w/ you.

To the North is G-d as you understand Him;
To the East is the Teacher;
To the West is Enlightenment;
...and to the South, a lesson to be learned.

I will check your links when time permits.
Thank you for your genuine reply Inja.
screamzero

Postby screamzero » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:13 pm

Thanks Inja. I enjoyed the vids. This is the Creator I know.
screamzero

Postby shadowcass » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:46 am

I don't care much for Christian propaganda. The truth is that Modern Science does not NECESSARILY confirm "The God of the Bible." What it DOES is show that there are two possibilities. "Infinite Regression" (most recently preached by Stephen Hawking and Leonard Mlodinow in their book THE GRAND DESIGN

OR

A Creator God.

Either idea is equally plausible given what we know about the nature of the Cosmos and neither can be PROVED.

Both really come down to personal preference and both require a leap of faith. With Hawking and Mlodinow one must assume that a "universe like this ruled by natural laws like these" (Gravity and so on) "has always existed and requires no Creator God.
It is true that our universe (always assuming the Big Bang Theory works...that is that a star collapses in on itself, eventually forming a Black Hole and that at the CORE of that there exists what scientists call "Singularity"...which contains all the things that the Black Hole has sucked in...which is pretty much everything...and that one day Singularity explodes and EVERYTHING comes rushing back into existance, expanding as it goes, and we're back in business). As I say...that all makes sense and IS probably true so far as it goes. But the a priori (faith assumption) they make is that this has always been going on.
You can't prove that.
A Christian can look at it and say it has been going on since God set it in motion. The a priori (faith assumption) being the existence of this eternal being called God the Creator.
You can't prove that, either.

Not scientifically. You can demonstrate it to your OWN satisfaction (if you happen to be of a religious bent) but you can't prove it to someone whose basic assumptions don't allow for the existence of God.

It's unlikely that these two sides will ever have a meeting of the minds. And the debate isn't helped by the intellectually challenged Fundamentalists who try to deny the validity of scientific discovery simply because their view of God is so small.
***********************************************************************************************************
Now i happen to believe that whatever truths science discovers only reveal more of the majesty and wonder of God and His Creation so I don't stick my head in the sand every time someone mentions the Big Bang or Evolution or whatever.

;)
shadowcass

Postby bionic » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:08 am

cool
:thumbup:
no too long ago I had an interesting sound thing happen..the firsttruly weird experience I've had in a long time..

I had mentioned the word "cloud" to H..as a metaphore for "them" or "something"..he mocked it, said something like, "F cloud"..then imediately , in our car (we were driving at the time) a really creepy thropping/high vibration beating sound happened...to the point of discomfort.. it went on for a bit..and was confusing...once it stopped I joked, "See? Don't mock cloud"
(supposeldy... just kidding..but...seriously...not)
“Whether you sniff it smoke it eat it or shove it up your ass the result is the same: addiction.”
― William S. Burroughs
(love&forgive yourself..and everyone else)
bionic

Next

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts