The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

The BIG BANG does not suk...

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby event_horizon » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:17 pm

Now all we gotta do is figure out who or what made "God" *bang*. :think:

BTW, the "Big Bang" does suck, because there was no "bang." Sound cannot travel through a vacuum.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby greeney2 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:23 pm

I guess the funny part is that the God does not exist theories are based on Science, and it was proabably a scientist who coined the phrase, Big Bang Theory. That is true however, and hard to imagine, it would all go down in complete silence.
greeney2

Postby frrostedman » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:45 pm

Big Bang, shmig shmang.

Didn't happen, ain't logical, get back to the drawing board, Atheists.

Until someone can suspend a hand grenade in a vacuum and blow it up with the result being a planet or planets teaming with life in a synchronized, ordered harmonious system.... then it's a theory I won't be buying into.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby bionic » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:42 pm

frrostedman wrote:Big Bang, shmig shmang.

Until someone can suspend a hand grenade in a vacuum and blow it up with the result being a planet or planets teaming with life in a synchronized, ordered harmonious system.... then it's a theory I won't be buying into.

:clap:
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby event_horizon » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:58 pm

frrostedman wrote:Big Bang, shmig shmang.

So a magical being that just magically appeared out of nothing and then took out "His" magic wand to create everything is supposed to be more plausible? Sorry to break the news to ya', but it ain't.

And what "drawing board" should we get back to? An ancient book loaded with fairy tales and contradictions? A book where we have absolute zero evidence that any of the magical things in it actually happened?...that was written by ancient scientifically unsophisticated humans? Yeah, no thanks.

frrostedman wrote:Until someone can suspend a hand grenade in a vacuum and blow it up with the result being a planet or planets teaming with life in a synchronized, ordered harmonious system.... then it's a theory I won't be buying into.

Unless the bearded guy in the sky can come out of hiding and show us some magic tricks, the "Big Bang" or string theory is all anybody truly has to go on, as far as reality is concerned.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby bionic » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:25 am

So a magical being that just magically appeared out of nothing and then took out "His" magic wand to create everything

no..not exactly..not a 'he' or and 'she'

consciousness became..and said, "I am"...then..stuff continued from THAT...

more like that....

DUH
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby event_horizon » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:50 pm

bionic wrote:no..not exactly..not a 'he' or and 'she'

So it's a transvestite. :lol:

bionic wrote:consciousness became..and said, "I am"...

You're basically just repeating what I said -- that it magically appeared out of nothing.
event_horizon

Postby frrostedman » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:40 pm

event_horizon wrote:Unless the bearded guy in the sky can come out of hiding and show us some magic tricks, the "Big Bang" or string theory is all anybody truly has to go on, as far as reality is concerned.

Yep, and that's why I know the big bang or string theory is not all anyone has to go on.

What... oh... you mean God hasn't revealed His existence to you yet?

I guess that explains the defensiveness. I guess you feel left out? Maybe you feel like the poor kid who gets picked last on the kickball team?

Don't worry, EV. You'll have all the evidence you need and then some, soon enough.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby event_horizon » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:44 pm

frrostedman wrote:What... oh... you mean God hasn't revealed His existence to you yet?

Nope, I still have yet to see a revelation in my spaghetti.

frrostedman wrote:I guess that explains the defensiveness. I guess you feel left out? Maybe you feel like the poor kid who gets picked last on the kickball team?

I think somebody kicked that kickball into your noggin, and that's when you saw "God."

Gotta work on those reflexes. :lol:

frrostedman wrote:Don't worry, EV. You'll have all the evidence you need and then some, soon enough.

Am I supposed to be terrified?...like you are? Terrified that if I refuse to worship a sadistic tyrant, I'll be tortured?

Yeah, that's right -- bow down to your evilness. :lol:
event_horizon

Previous

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts