The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Super Laser

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby Cole_Trickle » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:25 am

Looks like the Government has finally taken the wraps off of something they've been rumored to have had for years now. Fitting they tie it to the Hollywood scene and make light of it by way of off handed jokes from the Terminator no less.

A US weapons lab on Friday pulled back the curtain on a super laser with the power to burn as hot as a star.

The National Ignition Facility's main purpose is to serve as a tool for gauging the reliability and safety of the US nuclear weapons arsenal but scientists say it could deliver breakthroughs in safe fusion power.

"We have invented the world's largest laser system," actor-turned-governor Arnold Schwarzenegger said during a dedication ceremony attended by thousands including state and national officials.

"We can create the stars right here on earth. And I can see already my friends in Hollywood being very upset that their stuff that they show on the big screen is obsolete. We have the real stuff right here."

Pretty interesting stuff that conjures all sorts of wild conspiracy theories about all kinds of stuff. Heck it ain't even Halloween yet either!

NIF is touted as the world's highest-energy laser system. It is located inside the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory about an hour's drive from San Francisco.

Equipment connected to a house-sized sphere can focus 192 laser beams on a small point, generating temperatures and pressures that exist at cores of stars or giant planets.

NIF will be able to create conditions and conduct experiments never before possible on Earth, according to the laboratory.

Nice! Wonder if they can knock down huge 110 story tall buildings with this sort of thing, or melt a glacier to sell Global Warming to idiots! :lol: What a joke!

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id ... _article=1

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby Aquatank » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:24 am

How many Gigawatts is the output delivered to target? I haven't read any details on that yet.
Aquatank

Postby BloodStone » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:37 am

Now they just need to find bigger sharks to carry the lasors.

wahahahahahaha ! :lol:

I'll get them for 1 million dollars !

BloodStone...
If it were raining hookers, I'd get hit by a fag.
BloodStone

Postby Tairaa » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:31 am

Aquatank wrote:How many Gigawatts is the output delivered to target? I haven't read any details on that yet.

Same... Details would be interesting.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts