The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

Saving Private Ryan

Feel like posting something completely unrelated to the message forums? Feel free! This forum is dedicated to have a place where members can sit, relax and just chat about anything!

Postby Lashmar » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:30 am

Good old Internet misunderstandings again :oops: . There needs to be some sort of smiley thingy to let people know when you’re being sarcastic. :?

I still say Monty would have done them in. ;) :lol: :lol:
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Wing-Zero » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:35 am

Lashmar wrote:Good old Internet misunderstandings again :oops: . There needs to be some sort of smiley thingy to let people know when you’re being sarcastic. :?

Lol, just do what I do.

[Sarcasm disclaimer]

Remember to give me credit though, it IS trademarked.

I still say Monty would have done them in. ;) :lol: :lol:

He sure did take his sweet God damn time, then.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby Lashmar » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:56 am

he was trying to do it then your lot steped in. :lol: :lol: :lol:

What time is where you are anyway?
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Wing-Zero » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:15 am

Lashmar wrote:he was trying to do it then your lot steped in. :lol: :lol: :lol:

What time is where you are anyway?

3:15 am.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby Lashmar » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:18 am

go back to bed man. ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Tairaa » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:23 am

Just watched Saints and Soldiers, thanks for the recommendation, it was good. I think the most emotional part would be when the British pilot is trying to give the guy he denied a smoke the whole time, a smoke as he dies but isn't able, and says "I'm sorry, I'm sorry"

Being killed as a POW would be pretty shitty.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby greeney2 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:01 pm

Ol yeller made everyone cry? Even me, I was about 9.

What sceen in private Ryan made you cry?
greeney2

Postby Tairaa » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:19 pm

Hey hey! I didn't say I cried! I just got teary eyed. :P

Two scenes, the first (chronologically) would be with the soldier in the grass who had been shot in the spine and eventually died after they gave him more morphine then was permissible at his request.

The other one was when the coward, armed with a rifle, stayed at the based of the stairs while a german soldier and a member of his group had a long drawn out fight, where the german soldier eventually was able to stab and kill the American. All the while the coward could hear everything, and just sat there and wept as the German walked based him down the stairs.

Now, when I say that you have to keep in mind that all the emotions one (or at least me) talks about during movies is of a far slighter severity then emotions generated from real life.

So I wasn't like, on the floor balling about it. :P
It was just a moment or two of.. A saddening sensation. :P
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Tairaa » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:26 pm

The soldier who was sniped trying to "do the decent thing" for the little girl was also saddening. The whole movie has a feel bad for me actually, but yeah, the two above mentioned scenarios are the worst.
Tairaa

Postby Mr_Headshot » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:59 pm

Alright cool yeah Rath can copy and paste!

I know full well that America was backed by other countries on D-day. There was a total of 5 beaches stormed on that day.
Gold
Juno
Sword
Utah
Omaha

Now, I agree that Americans usually only hear the story of Utah and Omaha, the reason for that because they make great movies. The other three beaches were just as deadly and dangerous for the British, Aussies, Canadians, and Americans who stormed it.
Utah and Omaha were predominately the American Beaches whereas the other three were a larger mix of nationalities.
America DID spearhead the dragons teeth in france and broke the German hold over France which forced Germany to retreat into its own land and be defeated by the Russians.
We helped a great deal in Europe during that war and basically we solo'd Japan...
WW1, you can have, I'll agree to disagree because I don't know nearly as much.
Mr_Headshot

PreviousNext

Return to The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts