The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

Saving Private Ryan

Feel like posting something completely unrelated to the message forums? Feel free! This forum is dedicated to have a place where members can sit, relax and just chat about anything!

Postby rath » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:17 am

Lashmar wrote:
Australia entered ww1 from day one in 1914 & before the usa had entered the war in 1918.

Lie.

The Great War started in April and then in august/ (October I’m not sure) Britain and her dominions started.

But I see where you were coming from and I agree with you, I really don’t like hearing the yanks go on about The Great War. They missed most of it, in turn why do they think they have this right to act as if the were there for all of it. :x

It’s disgracing the memories of all that fought before they joint. :x

yep

&

Austro-Serbian war would later,became the great war.

thu two start dates.

Australia declared war the same day England did. (once England did )
rath

Postby rath » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:22 am

Tairaa wrote:Perhaps for the first world war, but despite the US's late entry to WWII, they did have a heavy impact on it.

AFterall, they had been left to their own designs which allowed them to build up their military, whereas everyone else had already been fighting for a few years and as a result where kind of running low on things like factories for producing armour, aircraft, weapons, fuel. Modes of transport where destroyed, railroads, regular roads, bridges etc. NUmbers of operation aircraft and armour dwindled, as did the number of skilled practitioners of fighter planes.

The US had zero factories bombed, had all of their roads, all of their railroads, bridges, fuel production hadn't faltered, they had a very safe area to train their infantry, artillery, flight crews, and naval personnel.

So every part of their war machine operated unhindered, unlike all the rest. They came in with numbers, skill, and coordination as a result.

Then to top it all off they relatively single handedly ended the war with the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Even IF the Germans where still in a position to be able to fight more, they would have had to surrender within a month, as this would be far more then sufficient time for the US to transport, and deploy other nuclear weapons on them, at which point in time unless they had their own they would either have to win or lose in a few weeks time. Since victory wasn't possible within a one or two week timeframe, they would have had to surrender or be destroyed.

Tairaa wrote:Perhaps for the first world war, but despite the US's late entry to WWII, they did have a heavy impact on it.

Sure, but only after the years of hard work was done.

& the bombing of japan.

But thats like punching mike tyson while he's on the floor drunk.
rath

Postby Lashmar » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:29 am

I agree with you again Rath. :?
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby rath » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:28 am

Lashmar wrote:I agree with you again Rath. :?

really ....... Wow.

im blushing :oops:
rath

Postby Lashmar » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:31 am

Don't be. :roll:
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby rath » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:05 pm

:D
rath

Postby Tairaa » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:45 pm

Everybody happened to turn up at the same place & at the same time. ( just lucky )

They actually all showed up at different places, I think there was 5 landing zones? Or was it 4? I can't remember. If this is D-Day we're talking about anyway.

"After all the hard work was done."
No.

The most difficult and intense fighting took place after the Americans joined the war. Not all fought by the Americans, but the worst of the storm started after the Americans committed. D-Day was pretty much the start of the worst from what I read.

Aside from aerial battles, and then I believe that the Battle of Britain would take that honour, in which case the British fought a tough dogged battle to sustain their production capacity of their aircraft and fuel and defend against the Germans aggressive carpet bombing.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Wing-Zero » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:23 pm

Of course not, bro.

I'll happily admit that we did pretty much f**k all for WW1.

I'll also admit that D-Day was NOT the brain child of our mighty thinkers, but a joint operation between ALL Allies, and I'll even throw you a bone and say that Australia was the first one at the water cooler who said, "You know... what if we had one big massive invasion?"

But ours and the Soviet Union's entrance into the whole debacle was when Germany was completely pushed out of North Africa, the Soviet Union, France, and all the way back to its own borders and Japan was sent all the way back to it's lousy little island where we proceeded to throw fire at them until we decided we wanted a bigger boom.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby Lashmar » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:01 am

You did piss all in the Great War so that’s enough talk about that. :x :roll:

As for WWII you kicked poor Monty out and you put in that general `what’s his name`. :x

Monty would have had that war done a year earlier I tell you now. ;) :D :lol:
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Wing-Zero » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:25 am

Lashmar wrote:You did piss all in the Great War so that’s enough talk about that. :x :roll:

Obviously, you jerk.

As for WWII you kicked poor Monty out and you put in that general `what’s his name`. :x

Monty would have had that war done a year earlier I tell you now. ;) :D :lol:

Oh yeah, you guys sure had Rommel down for the count, didn't you? It was Patton that f**ked it all up, wasn't it?

Oh well, at least you have Sicilly and Italy as your conquests.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

PreviousNext

Return to The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts