The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Memorial Day

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby Cole_Trickle » Fri May 22, 2009 7:31 am

Please keep those close who have passed in your thoughts if only for a brief moment in between beers, brats, and burgers this week-end. I lost my Father, only I called him Dad, this past December. I miss him. He was the real deal and I'm sure that there are many who feel exactly the same about theirs who have passed on.

Have a great week-end and above all have fun but be safe about it.

best,

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby Lashmar » Fri May 22, 2009 7:38 am

I’m sorry to hear you lost your dad man. :cry:

I lost my grandfather when I was about 4/5 ish. :|

Enjoy your weekend mate. :)
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby greeney2 » Fri May 22, 2009 9:20 am

Even when Cole and I disagree, this is one we are in total agreement on.

We all must remember to take a quiet moment and be thankful for all those that this weekend honors. I remember my Dad at times like this too who passed away many years ago. As a WW2 vet, my Dad was an Aeronautical Engineer and was stationed stateside in Corpus Cristi, Texas where his engineering was used on aircraft for the war. He was in the Navy, the war ended, and I became one of those baby boomers as a result.

This weekend for us is we are leaving in about 1/2 hour to goto my daughters for a few days, but will be home for a BBQ on Monday with non-other than your administrator, where we will have a great BBQ, and open up some of my home made beer, on the patio I reciently remodeled. That is what we call freedom in this country at its best. Your own yard, and the freedom to enjoy it with friends and family, swap stories in tee shirts and shorts, and have a lot of cold things to enjoy. That simple beer and a good ol american hot dog on the grill, is one our greatest symbols of freedom in my opinion. Our brave men and women who gave that ultimate price did it so we can enjoy those simple pleasures that are what freedom is.

A day at the Park or the beach!

A baseball game!

Voting!

Church!

School plays and openhouse!

Holidays!

Cub Scouts and girl scouts!

Camping!

Mowing the Lawn!

Planting a vegetable garden!

Going to Grandmas on sunday!

The family Pets!

Taking the family to the movies or dinner!

Graduations!

Freedom!
greeney2

Postby Lashmar » Fri May 22, 2009 9:24 am

enjoy yourself G2. :D
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts