The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Catholic Church shamed by Irish abuse report

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby greeney2 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:44 pm

The current water-boarding thread shows your defense of it and the "legalities" with it.

I havn't squirmed one bit. I said in that thread deciding if waterboarding was torture based on Cole's "I dare you, Hannidy pblicity stunt", was no legal president. I discussed in detail where it is going to be a area of the law, that the inturpitation is a grey area. If you are going to read between any lines, do not lie about it.

You are flat out lying to accuse me of supporting torture, which was all anyone herd if they supported Bush. I was one of the first to say, those in Abu Gerab should have been prosocuted, throw the book at them, while with no proof everyone said Bush ordered it, and if you support Bush you supported torture.
greeney2

Postby Nesaie » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:25 am

So, are you admitting you supported Bush?

Waterboarding is torture, you're whole argument is to support the US use of waterboarding. So yes, you support waterboarding as I previously said.
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby greeney2 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:11 am

So, are you admitting you supported Bush?

Go have another drink down at that bar you bragg about, because if supporting Bush means I believe in torture, having that drink means you support drunk driving killing innocent people on the hyway.

Your logic is ridiculas! You have also lied about me squirming in the waterboard post, or thinking I believe in torture. I was crystal clear explaining what I think will be the legal test about waterboarding and why. You side stepped all that, and spun it into a lie, I support torture. Just like you sidestepped the question of phoney pedifile priest lawsuits, and spun that into me supporting Pedifilia or Catholic church coverups. Neither are true.

When it comes right down to it Nasaie, you are a very nasty individual!
greeney2

Postby IrishSideOfMoon » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:07 pm

The Church and the state are equally implicate in what happened in state and catholic run schools.

Fact: about 3 days out from the report being released the head of one of the brothers organizations heavily implicated in the report stated publically that he believed that no wrong doing had taken placed.

Fact: back in late 98-99 two nuns had gone in and negotiated with the government of the day that the church would pay no more than 10% of any future payout in the way of damages to the victims of this abuse in any future lawsuits. This could end up costing the state hundreds of millions and more likely over a billion.

They are so many lessons to be learned from these tragic events way to many to go into. The hypocrisy of both church and state leaves me speechless and the sad thing is that I doubt we’ll ever really ever know the full story of what happened and we’ll probably never see any of the individuals involved in the abusing of these innocent children being brought to justice for there crimes, as they are still many of them still alive

Shane

http://irishsideofthemoon.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/IrishSideOfMoon
IrishSideOfMoon

Postby Nesaie » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:36 pm

The real question is...is it still happening and being covered up again?

Why did the New York diocese come out with a coloring book to tell kids not to be in a closed room with one adult?

http://www.newser.com/story/13291/ny-di ... abuse.html
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Previous

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts