The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The War on Terrorism & Homeland Security

USA and Russia

Discuss the War on Terrorism, Homeland Security, Iraq, Afghanistan, North Korea and other global terrorist concerns.

Postby Dark-Samus » Tue May 19, 2009 2:43 am

You´ve all heard about USA and Russia trying to make a deal about decreasing their nuclear arsenal right?

Just wondering, When both countries officially announces that they have done just that.
Will any of you believe it?

Personally my answer is a solid NO. :mrgreen:
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby BloodStone » Tue May 19, 2009 3:19 am

It will never happen.

Who's gonna be the first dumbass to get rid of their nukes? The only bargaining chip anyone owns.

I'm with ya on this one.

Sounds good though huh?

BloodStone...
If it were raining hookers, I'd get hit by a fag.
BloodStone

Postby Dark-Samus » Tue May 19, 2009 4:45 am

It really does... :lol:
Dark-Samus

Postby greeney2 » Tue May 19, 2009 8:51 am

read your history dark. you should have grown up in te 60's!
greeney2

Postby Dark-Samus » Tue May 19, 2009 12:14 pm

Can´t you just answer a question for once? :roll:
And no I could not grow up in the 60´s I`m sorry, I should have done that :roll:
Dark-Samus

Postby Tairaa » Tue May 19, 2009 12:20 pm

Hahaha. I'd be willing to bet that the number of nuclear weapons possessed by either country is substantially higher in reality then on paper. ;)

No reason for a new deal to change that, now is there?
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Dark-Samus » Tue May 19, 2009 12:23 pm

That´s why I`m asking, would you believe if these countries said they have decreased their arsenal of A-Bombs?
And I know this is nothing new :roll:
Dark-Samus

Postby greeney2 » Tue May 19, 2009 11:55 pm

http://www.nti.org/db/disarmament/reduction_chart.html

Here is some of the reductions, but it doesn't go back to the 60's nd 70's.
greeney2

Postby Dark-Samus » Wed May 20, 2009 3:03 am

That´s a good place to see the official facts.

But my question was, do you really believe in these facts that are being presented?
And the "new" agreement between these countries?
If you do, what makes you sure that they have done just that?
Dark-Samus

Postby greeney2 » Wed May 20, 2009 10:05 am

I believe it becasue I remember how the real cold war was during the Cuban Missle Crisis. The mood of the world was total fear of all out nuclear war. Russia and the USA were still doing open air testing, and Russia was exploding extremely large tests in Siberia. I would not be surprized if Sweden got fallout from that in those years. I remember that some fallout was reaching into Canada and Wisconson I think. Nixon made great strides in dealing with Russia with arms talks, and thankfully we have been talking and reducing ever since, plus changing out relations with Russia. If you were a kid in 1960 the idea of even talking to, trusting a Russian, or even traveling to Russia was non-existant. Now look at the relationship in that way.

People still tend to worry about a problem between the USA and Russia, but many things are factors. First is a failsafe system and fact we are within some time frame to each other, sattilittes and NORAD, can determain what is a real and unreal attack. When you have 10000 bombs, you don't need to worry much after a few dozen have been launched anyway. Thats why I worry a lot more about the 1,2,or 5, that are right on top of each other, like India and Pakistatan, where they have no NORAD and 3 minutes to react. I'm alot more worried about terrorists with a fanatical mindset, getting hold of only a few, packing them in a Uhaul truck, and taking a drive into a few big cities.

All the bombs on earth are useless, without a delivery system, unless you are willing to blow yourself up with one, and can drive it to the destination. So while I;m worried about the big countires disarming, I'm more worried about the new threats of only a handful of weapons getting into the wrong hands. How do you have a treaty or disarmament agreement with them, or with a country like Iran with its leaders?

All the countries and governments of the world have always had trouble with getting along and making treaties, but in the old days the people of countries didn;t have much contact. Now with the internet, it is amazing becasue in real time we are all people from different parts of the world, talking and making friends, which is transending all government interferance. WE are taking the governments out of the loop, in terms of getting along and the preceptions of each other. Like I said in 1960 a Russian Kid and American Kid were both told and raised to hate and not trust each other, let alone have the opportunity for contact. With the internet, that barriar is torn down, and the people of the world, without governments will be saying we are not going to goto war with people we know better than governments are telling us.
greeney2

Next

Return to The War on Terrorism & Homeland Security

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts