The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Jimi Hendrix, The RIGHT WING Soul Brother ?

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby Guest » Mon May 18, 2009 11:54 am

May 17, 2009
Jimi Hendrix, the right-wing flower child?
Ben-Peter Terpstra
American Thinker

The Charleston Gazette, page 14, May 17, 1969, shines a spotlight on one of the world's most creative guitarists.

History's Jimi Hendrix digs conservative West Virginia:

"Thank you, West Virginia," he shouted, "you're really out of sight."

Hendrix digs Utah's pro-life Mormon sounds:

Hendrix is interested in television. He also wants to get a book together and do an album on his own "that could include everything from acoustical guitar to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir."

More, Hendrix detests victim-identity politics:

"Music is stronger than politics," he said. "I feel sorry for the minorities, but I don't feel a part of one. And I think the answer lies in music".

Hendrix denounces left-wing clichés. He is more Ayn Rand than Karl Marx:

One of the worst statements people are making is 'no man is an island.' Every man is an island and music is about the only way we can really communicate.

Make love (translation: venereal diseases) not war? No way:

Forget about the mass love scene. That's not where it is. It's not building understanding. And I wish I could say this so strongly that they'd sit up in their chairs.

Revealingly too, some of Hendrix's lyrics appear to promote pro-life values. He sees abortion as a problem:

"MY SONGS speak in different ways, but when I say "I" I don't mean "me" but rather whoever I can relate to. I have a song on abortion and a song on Vietnam and a song on just about any problem...

Hendrix openly resists the groupthink politics infecting America's left-wing universities:

... and my song on the campus thing today says the kids are shouting through a keyhole. They're not being individuals." [emphasis added]

And, most controversially, history's Hendrix rejects the left's America-is-just-evil clichés. :huh:

Eric Burdon, in his book "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" (on page 79) had an interesting anecdote about Jimi:

"Jimi was the first American to talk to me about the war . . . in 1968 in his apartment. As the riot ensued outside the embassy [between Vietnam War protesters and mounted policemen], we smoked a joint and talked.

"So, what do you think of all that's going on down there?"

"His answer shook me. 'Listen, man, when the Red Chinese come screaming down over the borders of Laos, Cambodia, and North Vietnam, and take over the whole of the Far East and Asia, you'll understand why the U. S. is trying so hard in Vietnam.'

"I couldn't believe it. In his head, he was still a soldier. He'd just decided to lay down the M-16 and pick up a guitar."

LINK TO ARTICLE

SR: Lets not forget Jimi was a Ex-Jump Jockey With The Screaming Eagles (101st Airborne)

Postby Tairaa » Mon May 18, 2009 12:49 pm

I didn't know that about Jimi SW. Never figured him for a military man.

"I'm not the only soul, accused of hit and run. Tired tracks all across your back, babe. I can tell you've have your fun"
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Wing-Zero » Mon May 18, 2009 2:45 pm

Man, I hate Hendrix.

EDIT: His music, not him.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby Guest » Tue May 19, 2009 10:25 am

Tairaa wrote:I didn't know that about Jimi SW. Never figured him for a military man.

"I'm not the only soul, accused of hit and run. Tired tracks all across your back, babe. I can tell you've have your fun"

Jimi Hendrix's father was also a Military Man....Don't know what Outfit he was with though... :?:

We also met Grace Slick (JEFFERSON AIRPLANE) at an Art Show she was doing at one of the Local Malls.....

She quite a witty and articulate Lady with no apologies set of opinions..... 8-)

Gracie even gave an interview for the JBS AMERICAN OPINION Magazine in the Late 60's !!!!

Also she said she could never be a Lesbian stating why any woman would want to stick her tongue into a Mucus Filled Sexual Organ was beyond her !!!! :lol:

Postby Tairaa » Tue May 19, 2009 10:41 am

Also she said she could never be a Lesbian stating why any woman would want to stick her tongue into a Mucus Filled Sexual Organ was beyond her !!!! :lol:

Well when you put it that way.....

Nah, it doesn't change anything. :P
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Guest » Wed May 20, 2009 11:21 am

Hell any Woman that tries to spike the Punch at a White House Party hosted by Tricia Nixon with some of Owsley's Finest LSD earns my respect ! :lol:

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts