The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

1 Reason

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby Illuminati » Thu May 21, 2009 10:12 pm

Nesaie,
Just find a Septuagint.
THere was a translation recently done by the OCA Church with the help of some of the scholastics in translation from many of the other Orthodox Churches, like the GOA and the Antiochians, russians, etc. that is known as the LXX Project. It was completed last year.
http://orthodoxstudybible.com/
It is decent, but like everything outside of the original language still loses some of the meaning from the original text.

Shellfish. If you are neither Hebrew or Jewish, enjoy the shellfish. The only "Law" anyone outside of Hebrew Law that matters to you is the Noahide Law.

The Noahide Laws are:
No Idolatry,
do not murder,
Do not steal,
no adultery or incest or bestiality or homosexual intercourse,
do not blaspheme Gods name and do not eat the flesh of an animal while it is still alive(which includes not partaking of the blood).
Last but not least, set up a system to enforce these laws among your own kind.

The Hebrew Laws are void to you. Genesis 9:4-6 is the actual text for the Noahide Laws given in Scripture. The Talmud teaches the rest.
Illuminati

Postby Nesaie » Sat May 23, 2009 9:52 am

What? No blood sausage? :o No! Say it ain't true!

Thanks for the link, but clicking on it brings me to a Hawaiian IT company...weird. I'll google for it.
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby Dibs » Wed May 27, 2009 8:07 am

I think a big part of it is the people who have genuine faith, and the people who treat it as more of a get out of jail free card, in which case it's more like a case of Stockholm syndrome. They "believe" in God and Jesus just to have their bases covered.
Dibs

Postby Lashmar » Wed May 27, 2009 8:09 am

I like your way of looking at it Dibs. Very true.
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Previous

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts