The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Sci-Fi TV/Movies

= V =

Sci-Fi has amazed audiences since the dawn of television and movies. Come on in to chat about anything and everything Science Fiction.

Postby rath » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:04 am

V

Anybody seen it / watching it.

What do you think of the subject / topic.

Universal healthcare.

Vaccines.

ect ect.

A good show ...... or part of the propaganda machine.

More than a few journalists and bloggers have remarked that it's possible to read V as an allegory hostile to President Obama and sympathetic with the birthers and other nutcases who believe him to be a wolf in sheep's clothing. The charismatic Visitors load up their "bandwagon" by "spreading hope." In using their sophisticated iguana technology to provide free medical services, they promise "universal health care." Indeed, if the show is to have the symbolic import that we expect from a science-fiction story, this is the only possible way to read V as a coherent text. The only problem with this analysis lies in its generous presupposition that the text is, in fact, coherent.

Pressed about the politics of V at a press conference, executive producer Scott Peters maintained, "We are not looking to put any sort of agenda onto the table," while also holding that the show would introduce "themes that would make sense in a post-9/11 world." But these aliens hardly work as stand-ins for Islamofascist terrorists, a group not generally associated with friendly overtures or broad public acclaim. That claim makes no sense—and it's far less fun than the idea that V was brought to air by the Illuminati, who have lovingly crafted "preemptive propaganda against real Extraterrestrial Disclosure." Perhaps it is best to heed the words of Peters' colleague Jeffrey Bell: "I just want to remind people it's a show about spaceships on ABC at 8 p.m." Too true.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1061
rath

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:40 pm

I've only seen one episode myself. I'm either at work or just plain forget about it. I loved the original but I just don't watch ABC, never have.

Postby WarAngel » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:48 pm

Rykuss wrote:I've only seen one episode myself. I'm either at work or just plain forget about it. I loved the original but I just don't watch ABC, never have.

I watch it every week. Only missed one episode.

The latest episode where Anna presents her latest "gift" was great. SPOILERS AFTER THIS!!!

5th Column finally took the fight to the heart of the V mennace. I hope Marcus bites it. :twisted: Killing off a major V character would be awsome.
Show the Vs that humanity won't go down without a fight and that the Vs are vulnerable. Ryan's also a lost cause. He brought on himself
whatever happens to him. He claims 5th Column and then rats them out about the assassination attempt on Anna. Where Marcus takes the bullet.
He was already a traitor to one race now he's a traitor to both. Even if he survives he'll never be trusted again.
The best he can hope for is being an independant faction.
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Postby bionic » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:50 pm

I wathc it weekly, too.

In some places it's storyline is a little weak and/or convoluted.
I like a well thought out...tied up..no loose strings kind of storyline, personally
(makes it more believable..which I realize is a silly thing to say when it comes to sci-fi and fantasy..but it is KEY to good work in that genre)

Over all, I like it a-lot.

The actress that plays the queen use to play that girl that led the Ori in Stargate SG-1 in the last couple seasons
(I love trying to find actors from other sci-fi shows..the sci-fi shuffle..it's like six degrees of seperation)
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby adamwarlock2099 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:35 am

Is it any relation to the old show, as in same idea/plot just updated for this generation? I remember the old show pretty well, but I think I was pre teen or so when it was running. Can't remember for sure. Would be interested to see it, but the only way I watch shows in rent from Netflix or buy the seasons. I just don't remember to watch anything on a schedule.
"To alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems." -- Homer Simpson
"You get what everyone gets. You get a lifetime." -- Death (Sandman)
adamwarlock2099

Postby WarAngel » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:27 pm

Death to the Vs! :evil: Hail the 5th Column! :D

SPOILERS...

I loved tonight's episode. The Vs have no idea what a firestorm they have brought upon them. Because of their plan to eliminate Tyler's parents his dad is dead. The gloves are now off and Erica found her inner warrior. She's out for reptile blood. It took her :silent:'n long enough. The leash is now off the 5th Column's attack dog and now it's come to any means nessisary to take the Vs down. Even the now ex Priest is willing to get into the real fight.

Ryan seems to have been dealt with but took a major 5th Column leader with him. And I'm guessing Marcus is no more as well. His replacement seems every bit the sinister second in command that he was and will be enjoyable to watch.

Now the real war can begin and a worldwide offensive can start. Let the lizard bodies drop. Let their blood flow like a river until they fear the very name of human. Fight the war on two fronts. With weapon and word. Strip away the lies of the Vs until only the truth is left.

I'd like to see Diana and Lisa team up to build a faction of their own and overthrow Anna. Bringing about an era of peace between survivng Vs and human. Maybe a nice bloody V civil war in the process. :twisted: Let's how much Anna is of peace when her own people turn on her in mass numbers. :mrgreen:
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Postby WarAngel » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:26 pm

This show has really gotten good over the past month. :dance: It was good before but now it's even better. :thumbup:

SPOILERS!!!

Now the the main characters have "taken the gloves off" and linked up with the global 5th Column the way things are playing out have been taken to a new level. This also makes it more interesting.

I loved when they did the assassination atempt on Anna but got Marcus instead. At first I wanted him to die like the evil lizard that he is, but after tonight's episode I want him to live. It looks like Diana still has some influence over her former subjects. Most believe she's dead but those that find out she's not seem to imply supporting her as the true Queen. This is what I'm hopping Marcus will do know that he's been told she's alive. Having someone that close to Anna work against her would be exciting. Tentions are allready brewing within the V's this will increase that.

Diana looks as if she'll do anything to depose her own daughter and reclaim her Queenship. If this happens so far it looks like the V attitude towards Humans will change. Diana's gathering allies and I'm hoping eventually she'll make a move. But not too soon. This is a series after all and there needs to be a story to tell.

Anna was forced to admit the 5th Column still exists and this should embolden them to continue the fight.

So does anyone have any thoughts about recent episodes or the series in general?
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Postby bionic » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:15 pm

I dunno..the series is kinda losing me

this is silly..but it bothers me that the 'old queen' is kept in a basement part of the ship that looks like a jungle.
It seems like they are trying to make her seem like an old witch in a cave (kinda merliny/cameloty)..which would work if they were on a planet or something..but on a ship?
It'd would've worked better if it was an old abandoned part of an old city ship (like in babylon Five..remember that one?)

it stupid..but it bugs me

the devil is in the details, though
Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

Postby bionic » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:26 am

So..after my last post I watched it this week and realized..the series isn't lsoign me, yet..seems like it lulled a little bit..but is gaining momentum again..I like how the leaders are all women now and how ..I forget her name..main character..she is now the head of the 5th column..I like how she is getting to be more like the head of the V's, herself..it's an interesting twist on things
Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

Postby WarAngel » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:43 am

Holy Frak that was a good season finale!! :thumbup:

Oh and SPOILERS!!!!!!!

Let's count 'em One, Two, THREE signifigant characters dead by episode's end. Diana, Ryan, and Tyler!

The :silent: is going to hit the fan now! I was hoping for a civil war situation between Diana and Ann each taking some Vs. But they killed Diana instead. :cry: She was humanity's greatest V ally and Jane Badler played it awsomely. Allthough her death scene was shocking. Didn't expect it. I thought Anna was still on the surface. I think some more Vs will turn 5th Column after knowing they were lied to and their Queen Diana was alive.

Erica is going to be none too pleased when she finds out her son is dead. She probably want to fire a missile at the mother ship herself. Allthough Anna will probably lie and say it was a shuttle accident. And I guess Tyler matting with who he thought was Lisa will make meeting the grandchildren a little awkward. :lol:

Kinda neutral on Ryan's death. He turned against his own because it was the right thing to do then betrays the humans because he can't see that "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one." If his kid ever finds out that she killed her own dad she's going to be POed at Anna.

As for Lisa. Let her rot in that dark dank pit of a prison. She effed over humanity because her mother saw what she was going to do and played her for a sucker. Uhm, when the emotionless beotch suddenly develops feelings that's a time to wonder wtf is going on.

And we FINALLY got to see Lars Treemont. I'd read about Marc Singer being on the show from a Wiki entry and was waiting. Figures it would be the last episode of the season. But did it have to be in the final minutes!? I want to know more about Project Ares. Or at least more of a get to know with Lars and Erica.

Also now that I think of it I wonder how Area 51 and S4 play into the V story. Now that aliens are public knowlage we should hear something about what they world knew before the Vs showed up. Like the truth about Roswell, Bentwaters, Shag Harbor etc.
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Next

Return to Sci-Fi TV/Movies

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts