The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

A-I

Feel like posting something completely unrelated to the message forums? Feel free! This forum is dedicated to have a place where members can sit, relax and just chat about anything!

Postby mrshumphreys » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:22 pm

sandra wrote:Can you believe the judges used theor save on Big Mike :roll:
Now next week 2 people get voted off. :cry:
Whos it gunna be huh?

Yes, as soon as I looked at the bottom 3 I figured if Big Mike got voted off they'd use their stupid save.

As for this week, I'm guessing Tim Urban's luck has run out, and I'm hoping that either a.) America tells the judges to suck it and Big Mike goes home a week later anyway, or b.) That awful boring kid Aaron whatever goes home. In my happy place, Big Mike and Aaron both go home. That'd be awesome, but I doubt it's very likely.
"It's like arguing with a brick wall, except the brick wall thinks you're an idiot, and thinks it's winning." - Humphreys, that sexy beast.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
mrshumphreys

Postby sandra » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:07 pm

Wow you actually thought they were going to save big Mike?
hmm Maybe I haven't been paying as close attention.
It seems like he is just arrogant, and personally I find him
endlessly tacky. His body movements are just awful watching. :lol:

But I agree 100% 8-)

I hope that Mike still goes home this week, along with, yep, aaron.
Something odd I just can't pin point with him,,, somethings off, not sure exactly.

What do you think about Crystal?

Doesn't it seem like the judges did a terrible job narrowing it down this year?
Ellen has been tougher than I thought she would be, kara is nothing like paula was.
And I heard Paula might be on a new show for some type of talent??? Heard anything on that?
Did AI Just not give her the money she wanted? hmm
“Living backwards!” Alice repeated in great
astonishment. “I never heard of such a thing!”
“—but there’s one great advantage in it, that one’s
memory works both ways.”
— Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
sandra

Postby shadowfx » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:49 pm

I still hope they all get voted off. :lol: :lol: :lol: Judges too.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
shadowfx

Postby sandra » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:32 pm

You monster of a man you! :lol:
memory works both ways.”
sandra

Postby mrshumphreys » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:45 pm

Sandra, you MUST have missed something... namely the judges noses and how far up Big Mike's big butt they've been planted this whole season. ;)

I haven't the slightest idea what it is they see in him. I think he's a smarmy version of Ruben Studard (and we all know how well his album has done) :roll: . Absolute garbage over-the-top corny soul singer wanna be. And what he did to Elanor Rigby was a travesty... or a tragedy... maybe both. Yeah, definitely both. *SHUDDERS* But they do love him. They constantly over praise his performances. Jim and I both called it during the commercial.

I really hate the stupid judges save. It's AMERICAN Idol... let the people vote, ffs. But, whatever, I guess. At least it's been used now and they can't screw things up any worse.

Aaron is... weird. He's like some 80 year old stuck in a 16 year old's body or something. He's so boring I can't stand it. He seems like he's considering doing something up tempo, though, so at least I can hope that that will go as horrifically wrong as I can only assume it will, and he'll get sent home. Finally.

AI totally did not give Paula the money she was after. She wanted something closer to Simon money, and they were paying her less than they pay Randy. I've heard a few different things regarding Paula. She's getting offers, anyhow.

Kara is only interested in one thing, as far as I can tell. It's another word for rooster. Seriously. If she's not hitting on someone, she seems to black out and not even know what's going on anymore.

I don't think Ellen's being tough at all, but then again, I didn't think she would be. She has her moments, but I'm unsure why they bothered, to be honest. I always liked the 3 judge format. Ellen has absolutely NOTHING to do with the music business. I suppose the viewers are supposed to relate to her as being the judge outside the "industry", but aren't the viewers supposed to BE the judge outside the industry? Maybe they thought they needed a little more comic relief, but I think they underestimated how amusing Randy's attempts at speaking the english languag actually ARE to those of us at home. I mean, really dawg, you know? It's like, HOT, dawg. For real.

I think they usually put through some really questionable people, talent-wise, but this year it's just abominable. Really. I can only sit through the performances of three, maybe four people without feeling the urge to ram knitting needles through my own ear drums. Out of all the people who tried out, I really cannot believe this is the best they could come up with.

Crystal... I think if Crystal doesn't win, they should just scrap the whole show, really. I like that Casey guy as well. I figure he should be runner up, but you never can tell with America, can you? Crystal is by far leagues ahead of everyone else in actual singing ability. I had the most surreal conversation the other day with Jim's two youngest sisters, who can't wait for "that one with the dreads" to get sent home, because she cannot possibly succeed in the music business looking like that. I suppose people born so long after the start of Mtv are bound to think that way. It's weird that they really think that she should be sent home because she hasn't bleached her teeth or gotten a make over, though. At least, it's weird to me.

I think this week's theme is going to be Elvis songs, so there's another institution for these hacks to pop a squat over.
"It's like arguing with a brick wall, except the brick wall thinks you're an idiot, and thinks it's winning." - Humphreys, that sexy beast.

mrshumphreys

Postby sandra » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:28 pm

:lol: knitting needles? LMAO! Yeah funny thing is I know exactly what you're saying. Other years, at this stage of the competition, I seriously would not want to miss a minute of a performance they were of a different calibur. Oh and I like Casey too, last couple weeks have been great for him, he is also quite cute. :mrgreen: The Crystal thing, I adore her, I think she is absolutely beautiful. I don't think she needs to change a thing, it all adds to her character, and she just seems like a very natural person, I love her comments to the Judges. Although I can see how things have changed through the generations, soo much of music is also image. :roll:

Wow, so I didn't even know Paula possibly made less than even Randy. I realise you don't like the 4 judges, but next year Simon is gone, this is his last year, so thats why they have 4 this year I believe, testing the transition, I'd be surprised if they added another after Simon left. I'd prefer they rid of kara, I liked your evaluation of her, yup. Shes not as amusing as Paula, thats for sure. Randy hasn't been getting into the Dawg stuff as much, infact I'd wish he get back into the slang. lol

Its on tonight, I'm excited to see, but yikes, Elvis week for these guys?
hmmmm aaron and Big Mike doing Elvis songs, yuck LOL
And yep- thats what I thought, Big Mike is like a crappy rueben studdard,
and his performance (ruebens) the other week was just pitiful. Really was.

Ill give an update what I think after the show, hope you let me know as well.
memory works both ways.”
sandra

Postby sheye » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:33 pm

:o ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: I think I know who the alien is....

shhh I ain't talking till the final episode....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIB9HIJH0Uc&NR=1

:roll: :D :lol: :lol: 8-) :lol: :lol: :lol:
sheye

Postby mrshumphreys » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:29 am

I like my blues more old school, sheye.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNSaBmaQrIA

I find this version infinitely better.

Sandra - we went to the movies last night and recorded idol, so I'll get back to you with my thoughts after we watch it.

mrshumphreys

Postby sheye » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:32 pm

I like my blues more old school, sheye.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNSaBmaQrIA

I find this version infinitely better.

Sandra - we went to the movies last night and recorded idol, so I'll get back to you with my thoughts after we watch it.

it is a rather bluesy version...to the 3rd power..very sad and blue indeed...

as far as idols..I'm trying to follow dark's spirutual wisdom...I don't have any truly "human" idols...my self included in that...

*sighs (..his/her wisdom..will stick to my soul for eternity...)

SO BE IT
sheye

Postby mrshumphreys » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:17 am

I can't believe that Katie girl got sent home.
I thought she sounded really good this week, probably for the first time.
WHEN is Aaron going to go?!

mrshumphreys

PreviousNext

Return to The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts