The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Tiny Homes

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby bionic » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:28 pm

I love these!!
http://realestate.yahoo.com/promo/5-tin ... -time.html
Of course, if I had one, I would have to rent a HUGE storage space for all my stuff.
That might go against the purpose and philosophy of the tiny home lifestyle..just a bit..yah think?
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby greeney2 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:08 pm

Very cute, we as Ameicans are use to places with a lot of space. There are places people live and they live in very small close quarters. I think the average guest house is maybe 500 sq ft. In California, you can build a guest house, but it may not have cooking facility, those are what they call Granny Flats if you can cook in them. It crosses the city planning line, of a lot being for single family dwellings. Having a second place you can cook in, makes it 2 on a lot, which our city classifies differently.

My friend and I, when we went racing in Pikes Peak, Colorado Springs had hotels that were small individual house bungelows. They were real cute, maybe 350=400 sq. ft from the 1950's. Simple shower/sink/ toilet. the cooking facilty was a combination small sink unit with a electric stove, all one manufactured unit. I do not think any Californian Code would allow mixing of electric stoves and water, but it was way to cook, had a small refrigrator, and tiny table with 2 chairs. The were very small, cute for a single person or couple. The one in your picture if it cost $95K for 365 sq. ft. that is pretty expensive per sq. ft. actually. When I built my addition, I discovered the majority of your money goes into the kitchen and bathrooms. Thats where all the big ticket items get bought. Everything else is framing, windows and drywall. The other place your some goes is in the level of quality of your windows. We spent a lot of money of Marvin wood Windows, but you can buy energy efficient metal framed windows for a lot less. You can probably build bare bones standard constuction little houses, less than 1/3 the price of the one you showed. It would not have be fancy, but it would be functional.

In todays real estate, maybe there would be a big market for tiny homes, with very little lots, no parking garage. Could be a alternative to apartments. I guess the idea of Condos was as close as we come, but look at there prices. We are talking things a little bigger than a shed building.
greeney2

Postby bionic » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:54 am

I think.. those kinda homes... are perfect for singles unlesss they want to roomate..many folks dont even, want THAT)..which more, and more (for better or worse) many people..are

Boarding houses need to come back into fashion (some of my best parties, in my youth..were at A BOARDING HOUSE)
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts