The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Tim Tebow's God

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby greeney2 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:31 am

I definatly am not a football watcher, I just am not interested in it. I really do not even know who this guy is, other than the news we hear about his thanking God, for every time he blows his nose. I'm just picturing if I did that where I worked for 30 years, everytime I did something, forcing all my coworkers to be polite and listen, until they were so sick of hearing you, they couldn't stand being near you.

Nothing worse than being forced to be polite, to people who force themselves or beliefs when its not appropriate. He can be thankful without making a public show and spectical of it, or a production everyone is tired of hearing. Even if he is genuine in his beliefs, tone it down, and don't be obnocious with it. I love to watch boxing, and it just sounds so ridiculous when the winner spouts off " First, I want to thank my Lord and Savior Jesus". Jesus did not just help you beat a guys face to a pulp, add to future dementia, and break a nose. Yes, be thankful for the perfect atheletic body God gave you, which most of us do not have. We are not Gold metalists, we are business people, craftsman, tradespeople who have differnet kinds of skills, that most of these atheletes, are just as incapable of.

Would a real estate agent, who just sold Tebow a new home, or car salesman a new Cadillac, just stand up and start screaming, "Thank You Jesus, for giving me this sale, making this dummy a sucker", like a lunatic, dance all over the sales floor celebrating the second he finished his signature? What would the boss of the dealership do to a salesman who did that with every sale? I know what my company would do if I forced a celebration like that at the end of every welding job I did with my coworkers. If I even attempted to gather the crew to hold hands in a prayer? Labor Relations would have me on the carpet, telling be the rules concerning things like forcing religious or political beliefs is not tolerated. I could not pass out religious phamplets, or excessive religious displays, force converstions about any religion. We are not even allowed to say Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays encompasses everyone.

Its wonderful this guy has such beliefs, but as good as it is, if it is offensive to others not having the same belief, they should make him tone it down. Bottom line is he is an employee, and his job is playing a game fans pay to see. My company would not allow such celebrations forced on my coworkers in a regular job, any more than Burger King would allow the counter person to say Grace giving out every hamburger.
greeney2

Postby qmark » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:05 pm

I am a football fan and I do watch a fair amount and I can honestly say I haven't seen him do anything that a couple dozen other players don't do. However, for them it is a non issue. If it wasn't for the cameras and the media, he would be just one more religious dude. There is a reason for them not letting it go. Why do you think that is?
qmark

Postby at1with0 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:11 pm

They probably do it cuz they think it will attract more viewers.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby gudskepteacal » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:45 pm

That's certainly possible/probable, but, at least to me, it seems like the media have intent to make a spectacle or hold it up in such a way as for others to mock and ridicule; underlying my reasoning for making the topic. Since that original post, I've come to think that; whether I, personally, do not wish for that kind of light to be shed on Christianity, it's wrong for me to assume that is also how God wants it. Him working in the mysterious ways that He does.
"History records that the money changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and its issuance." - James Madison
gudskepteacal

Postby qmark » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:12 pm

Exactly! :thumbup:
qmark

Postby at1with0 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:40 pm

They certainly have an agenda..
at1with0

Postby frrostedman » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:10 pm

I suspect that Denver's against-all-odds win over Pittsburgh--entirely due to the inspired performance of Tim Tebow--had the God haters gritting their teeth in disappointment.

There is no doubt whatsoever that Tim Tebow's personality and performance is spilling over into the rest of the team. Even the punter pointed up to the sky in thanks, when he kicked a decent punt.

The beauty of Tim Tebow's personality and faith is that when he wins, he doesn't stake claim to any of the glory. But a superior testament to his quality of character will show when the team loses. He will still be his smiling, humble, gracious self, commending the other team for their job well done.

I personally hope the Broncos go all the way and smite the Packers in the superbowl. That would really be something to see. Meanwhile I suspect that certain Atheists are putting faith in their hope that the Broncos will finally get squashed and just go away; so they don't have to hear another peep about any spirit-filled Christians and their inspirational performances.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby at1with0 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:48 am

Any focus to bring one into the zone will do, I suppose.
at1with0

Postby orangetom1999 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:00 am

Like Greeny2...I do not watch football.

I definatly am not a football watcher, I just am not interested in it. I really do not even know who this guy is, other than the news we hear about his thanking God,

As a matter of fact..I will not be watching the Superbowl nor any other sport event this year with the exception of a good fishing program as I like to catch and eat fish.

But if this particular person wants to thank his God..no problem by me.
I do not believe this individual is forcing his religion or beliefs/practices on anyone. If anything...by intimidation on the stage of public opinion ..others are trying to do this to him. If others try to emulate this person or his God..that is their business as well.

Let me see if I have this correctly..this is not a government or government funded venue...correct??? Remember what I keep saying about a public school education?? Here you see the kind of fruit this type of education brings about in "Tolerance."

I contrast this with what passes for excellence with many of the players out here today...professional and non professional.

This alone is enough to cause me to turn against much of what passes for sports today.

I just do not care to worship at the altar of what passes for such in sports. Nor support the advertisers. I have better things to do with my time and monies than watch sports. I am not going to be purchasing this kind of underwear or t shirts...nor this kind of beer...or tennis shoes..golf balls.. et al. But that is just me.

Like Greeny2, I only know about this by all the cross talk among those who worship sports at work.

Thanks,
Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby greeney2 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:49 am

OT you are right about most of what you said, these teams are not government contractors per say, where these rules I had were in a defence contractor plant, I do not think other non-goverment contractors, have much different rules regarding political/reiligious displays. Only in one regard, the fact many stadiums are built and funded within cities using tax dollars, and other city improvements to the stadium areas for their commerce and business. In that, they are affected by government.
greeney2

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts