The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Tim Tebow's God

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby frrostedman » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:54 pm

courseinmiracles wrote:Well, Frostedman... let me say from the outset, an experience is required.
The human being completely underestimates the true power of Mind available to them, each and every moment.("all power in Heaven and earth...")

Of course, as a body, you can be beaten and robbed and all manner of nasty stuff but the body IS NOT ETERNAL and so it is NOT YOU. The body is nothing but the means for learning the Truth about who you really are.

It's an awakening.

Hmmm. Interestingly that ties right into a line of reasoning I'm bashed for. All the time, the cynics talk about how God is evil because He allows evil to occur. I argue that whatever evil happens to us here on Earth, has little to no effect on our true selves... often called our "soul" or "spirit" selves.

Well said, CIM
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby event_horizon » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:40 pm

frrostedman wrote:Hmmm. Interestingly that ties right into a line of reasoning I'm bashed for. All the time, the cynics talk about how God is evil because He allows evil to occur. I argue that whatever evil happens to us here on Earth, has little to no effect on our true selves... often called our "soul" or "spirit" selves.

I don't know what gave you that idea. I just got finished telling you in the other thread that it's your Bible that makes your "God" look evil (it's got nothing to do with the evil that happens on Earth). Stop making up crap.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby at1with0 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:22 pm

Santa didn't give you the toys you wanted this year either why don't you decry him?
Have you considered that your obsession with the Biblical God is unhealthy to your growth?
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby event_horizon » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:44 pm

at1with0 wrote:Santa didn't give you the toys you wanted this year either why don't you decry him?

Because people aren't blowing each other up in the name of Santa.

at1with0 wrote:Have you considered that your obsession with the Biblical God is unhealthy to your growth?

Have you considered that the Bible is unhealthy for the growth of the human race?
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby at1with0 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:38 am

event_horizon wrote:
at1with0 wrote:Santa didn't give you the toys you wanted this year either why don't you decry him?

Have you considered the possibility that whether or not some idiot straps bombs to his jacket, that has nothing to do with whether or not God exists?

at1with0 wrote:Have you considered that your obsession with the Biblical God is unhealthy to your growth?

Have you considered that the Bible is unhealthy for the growth of the human race?

Derp.

Of course I have considered that. Nice dodge though.
at1with0

Postby frrostedman » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:11 pm

Perhaps this email I received will shed some light on why Tim Tebow gives thanks to God in such a fervant way.

----------

In a recent email, I read about a woman named Pam, who knows the pain of considering abortion. More than 24 years ago, she and her husband Bob were serving as missionaries to the Philippines and praying for a fifth child. Pam contracted amoebic dysentery, an infection of the intestine caused by a parasite found in contaminated food or drink. She went into a coma and was treated with strong antibiotics before they discovered she was pregnant.

Doctors urged her to abort the baby for her own safety and told her that the medicines had caused irreversible damage to her baby. She refused the abortion and cited her Christian faith as the reason for her hope that her son would be born without the devastating disabilities physicians predicted. Pam said the doctors didn't think of it as a life, they thought of it as a mass of fetal tissue.

While pregnant, Pam nearly lost their baby four times but refused to consider abortion. She recalled making a pledge to God with her husband: If you will give us a son, we’ll name him Timothy and we’ll make him a preacher.

Pam ultimately spent the last two months of her pregnancy in bed and eventually gave birth to a healthy baby boy August 14, 1987. Pam’s youngest son is indeed a preacher. He preaches in prisons, makes hospital visits, and serves with his father’s ministry in the Philippines. He also plays football. Pam’s son is Tim Tebow.

The University of Florida’s star quarterback became the first sophomore in history to win college football’s highest award, the Heisman Trophy. His current role as quarterback of the Denver Broncos has provided an incredible platform for Christian witness. As a result, he is being called The Mile-High Messiah.

Tim’s notoriety and the family’s inspiring story have given Pam numerous opportunities to speak on behalf of women’s centers across the country. Pam Tebow believes that every little baby you save matters. I pray her tribe will increase!

May the peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you always!

Signed,
Dr. Gerald B. (Jerry) Kieschnick
President Emeritus, The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod
Presidential Ambassador for Mission Advancement, Concordia University Texas
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby at1with0 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:18 pm

Is that true?

I don't see anything wrong with evangelism, whether it be an outspoken Tim Tebow or an outspoken event_horizon. Freedom of speech and all that.

I do wonder though what will happen when his success runs out and it may take 20 years (cf. Favre's career) or more but it will happen.
at1with0

Postby event_horizon » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:49 pm

at1with0 wrote:
event_horizon wrote:

Have you considered the possibility that whether or not some idiot straps bombs to his jacket, that has nothing to do with whether or not God exists?

Derp.

Of course I have considered that. Nice dodge though.

Are you really this brain dead? How many different ways do I have to tell you my position on this? I can't put it any clearer for you than this -- for like the hundredth time -- this has nothing to do with whether or not "God" exists. It has to do with religion. Get that through your granite skull already.

I've also said this many times -- people simply being theists don't bother me. If all believers could just be theists without all the dogma I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Now please, copy and save this to a computer chip and insert it into your noggin.
event_horizon

Postby at1with0 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:05 pm

I don't give a sh*t about religion and neither should you.
at1with0

Postby event_horizon » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:08 pm

You will when there's a mushroom cloud in your backyard.
event_horizon

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts