The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Tim Tebow's God

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby frrostedman » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:45 pm

courseinmiracles wrote:Thanks for the welcome.
Don't get me wrong. I am COMPLETELY dependent on God. But the old stick about Light and darkness co-existing is utter nonsense.

The Source of Reality (God or whatever else you want to call Him) IS eternal, whole, perfect and only Love. Everything else is the nightmare of your own making and does not exist. I don't expect you to understand this uncompromising assertion. Bottom line...The human being believes he is separate but in fact he is simply asleep in dream of separation that IS NOT SO. :thumbup:


Alright, I'll bite.

So... if you're walking down the street, and a complete stranger, a street thug, runs up to you, blasts a cap in your ass, and takes your wallet and your watch.... is that the "only love" part of your reality, or, the nightmare of your own making? You say it has to be one or the other.
"But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about Jesus being a great teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to." C.S. Lewis
User avatar
frrostedman
 
Posts: 3643
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:01 pm

Postby event_horizon » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:52 pm

Humans have made this world the way it is. There are no angels or devils on our shoulders telling us what to do.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
User avatar
event_horizon
 
Posts: 1621
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:51 am
Location: Colorado

Postby at1with0 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:58 pm

event_horizon wrote:
greeney2 wrote:God doesn't exist, except when its something bad, they have to say, then God can be real for those parts. :roll Thats the entire concept of the Imaginary God concept. :lol:


What the heck has your "God" ever done that was good? :lol:

EH wants a God to hold his whitto hand...
"it is easy to grow crazy"
User avatar
at1with0
 
Posts: 9176
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:55 pm
Location: the coproduct of the amalgam of all structures

Postby frrostedman » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:18 pm

event_horizon wrote:Humans have made this world the way it is. There are no angels or devils on our shoulders telling us what to do.


ayep.
"But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about Jesus being a great teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to." C.S. Lewis
User avatar
frrostedman
 
Posts: 3643
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:01 pm

Postby event_horizon » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:32 pm

at1with0 wrote:EH wants a God to hold his whitto hand...


Yeah that's it...so we can skip along the sidewalk together and whistle gospel songs. :drool:
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
User avatar
event_horizon
 
Posts: 1621
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:51 am
Location: Colorado

Postby event_horizon » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:33 pm

frrostedman wrote:
event_horizon wrote:Humans have made this world the way it is. There are no angels or devils on our shoulders telling us what to do.


ayep.


And it's not because some fairy tale character named Eve ate an apple. :mrgreen:
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
User avatar
event_horizon
 
Posts: 1621
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:51 am
Location: Colorado

Postby frrostedman » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:42 pm

I can think of many things to thank God for.

I can also somewhat sympathize with the angels... and King David.

"But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about Jesus being a great teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to." C.S. Lewis
User avatar
frrostedman
 
Posts: 3643
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:01 pm

Postby gudskepteacal » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:40 pm

I was thinking along the lines of human existance on earth; dark as midnight vs light as high noon, cim, but your thoughts are noted.
"History records that the money changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and its issuance." - James Madison
User avatar
gudskepteacal
 
Posts: 460
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:16 am

Postby courseinmiracles » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:55 pm

Well, Frostedman... let me say from the outset, an experience is required.
The human being completely underestimates the true power of Mind available to them, each and every moment.("all power in Heaven and earth...")

Of course, as a body, you can be beaten and robbed and all manner of nasty stuff but the body IS NOT ETERNAL and so it is NOT YOU. The body is nothing but the means for learning the Truth about who you really are.

It's an awakening.
courseinmiracles
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:03 pm

Postby gudskepteacal » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:10 pm

cim,
Are you meaning we'll have to experience a certain amount of physical and/or psychological pain just to comprehend the unlimited power of our minds.You know, cim, this experience you talk about is sounding a little bit like Scientology :?: Them guys are dark scary man, one of my roommates at college was a member of the 'church' (the Sea Org; why would you have your main base of operation floating around in the sea?)but Mr. Hubbard achieved volumes more than me and left behind an enormous legacy of alternative process to achieve the ideal 'emotion quotient', life skills and/or(in their vernacular)'clear' - a secular philosophy of mind reprogramming using intensive repetition, language mastery, complete emotional control, and that oh so critical ingredient: devotion to attain a level of awareness and being comparable to the 'self-actualization' plateau of that one dude's pyramid.(Sorry dude)

I don't mind a little experimentation, cim, but anybody start chanting in a hooded robe and I'm outta there, I don't mess around with all that...that heebie-jeebie stuff. :hand:
"History records that the money changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and its issuance." - James Madison
User avatar
gudskepteacal
 
Posts: 460
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:16 am

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

  • View new posts
  • View unanswered posts
  • Who is online
  • In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 10 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 292 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:19 pm
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest