The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Tim Tebow's God

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby bionic » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:38 am

I get that, as if "God" played favorites.

Interestingly, I think "it" does. (not on the superficial sports level..one hopes)

Or something does.

I know Karma/Dharma/random BS thrown in for "fun"

I do think that a person can, sometimes, maybe, even in a random way, catch the attention of something..and get the help another might not.
Kind of like if you are killing bugs..every once and a while, for no good reason, you will allow one to live.

KWIM?
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby bionic » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:42 am

Maybe, when people are praising God or Jesus and thanking them..they are, in fact, praising and building their own chi energy and they do not even realize it?
Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

Postby frrostedman » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:56 am

bionic wrote:Maybe, when people are praising God or Jesus and thanking them..they are, in fact, praising and building their own chi energy and they do not even realize it?

I used to get angry when I would see someone thanking God for a score because I thought it was so presumptuous of the athlete to actually think God is playing favorites.

However, I've discovered 2 things since:

1. Tim Tebow and others like him aren't thanking God for favoring their team. They are thanking God for blessing them with the athletic ability to play and win.

2. God is involved in everything that happens and nothing happens without Him allowing it to happen. So, you could argue that God does indeed play favorites. May not seem fair, but as we know, life itself is testament to it; life is not fair and it's not about what we want.

"All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players."
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby courseinmiracles » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:31 pm

When I saw the heading for this post I thought you were saying "Tim Tebow IS God", because of the apostrophe "s", for which I was going to say sure he is...right behind Aaron Rodgers :dance:

But I think you where actually posting about the "God of Tim Tebow", which I would have to write that any god that allows the sh*t of this world to go on, I would NOT be praying to...for anything!

GO PACKERS!!! :whistle:
courseinmiracles

Postby event_horizon » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:20 pm

gudskepteacal wrote:I won't disagree there is misery and hopelessness in the world for all to see, event, but also is there peace and happiness. God is love and without it things could and would seem much worse, imo. I'm trying to look with better eyes and see the beauty and goodness even though it be swirled by darkness and evil. :angel:

It seems that the world is "swirled by darkness" because a lot of humans only think about themselves and what they have to gain; they'll step on anybody and everybody they have to to achieve their gains. And these people somehow manage to make it into political office. In fact I'm convinced that nearly all politicians are of this brand of human, and if any good ones do happen to make it in they become tainted by the greed that already has the body of it enveloped.

It's these selfish/greedy bastards that make life difficult for the rest of us. I keep a sharp eye out for these types of people and avoid them like the plague -- that's what makes me happy. I also like to venture out and enjoy nature by hiking, camping, and canoeing -- escaping the idiocy of the world every now and then is awesome and keeps me from going nuts. Sometimes a bottle helps too. :lol:
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby frrostedman » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:31 pm

courseinmiracles wrote:When I saw the heading for this post I thought you were saying "Tim Tebow IS God", because of the apostrophe "s", for which I was going to say sure he is...right behind Aaron Rodgers :dance:

But I think you where actually posting about the "God of Tim Tebow", which I would have to write that any god that allows the sh*t of this world to go on, I would NOT be praying to...for anything!

GO PACKERS!!! :whistle:

So the glass is half empty in your world, eh?

Of COURSE you're a Packers fan. :clap:

Welcome to the bv, courseinmiracles
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby gudskepteacal » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:47 pm

I've heard of 'karma' bionic; send some my way please. :) You let one live? tisk tisk bionic :P Sounds like a real incomplete job to me. :problem: So you were, in a sense, playing God? :o I dk about karma, but I think there are people born special or touched, as some would say. Edgar Cayce comes to mind

I realize the point your making frosty and suppose there's nothing wrong with that, but, when a player professes faith then goes and does a ridiculous jig/display after making a big play, it kind of sours people on the whole thing. Also, just how many losers of sporting events do you ever hear praising God in the postgame interview? Wouldn't He be there - win or lose?

courseinmiracles wrote:But I think you where actually posting about the "God of Tim Tebow", which I would have to write that any god that allows the sh*t of this world to go on, I would NOT be praying to...for anything!

Welcome to theblackvault courseinmiracles. I would only submit the old 'free will' argument again; to accuse God of being culpable for all the bad, nasty stuff is to, imo, give Him credit for all the beauty and love as well. Light and dark, without one there cannot be the other; bionic talks about it all the time.

At the very least event, all this negativity about a certain group of people will most assuredly block the ole jedi chi flow; we are in control of ourselves only able to influence by example.
"History records that the money changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and its issuance." - James Madison
gudskepteacal

Postby bionic » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:18 am

You let one live? tisk tisk bionic Sounds like a real incomplete job to me. So you were, in a sense, playing God?

Hey, I can be a merciful, 'God', at times
:mrgreen:

Oh..and Hi, courseinmiracles..I loved that book, fyi

it really stuck with me for a couple eyars..all is beauty and love and that which is not is simply...illusion..I remember..of course there's theory..getting stuff in theory..and then really getting it..I am stuck at the theory side of it..yet
Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

Postby courseinmiracles » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:43 pm

Thanks for the welcome.
Don't get me wrong. I am COMPLETELY dependent on God. But the old stick about Light and darkness co-existing is utter nonsense.

The Source of Reality (God or whatever else you want to call Him) IS eternal, whole, perfect and only Love. Everything else is the nightmare of your own making and does not exist. I don't expect you to understand this uncompromising assertion. Bottom line...The human being believes he is separate but in fact he is simply asleep in dream of separation that IS NOT SO. :thumbup:
courseinmiracles

Postby event_horizon » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:33 pm

gudskepteacal wrote:At the very least event, all this negativity about a certain group of people will most assuredly block the ole jedi chi flow; we are in control of ourselves only able to influence by example.

I don't see how guarding myself against scumbags would "block the ole jedi chi flow" or "good karma" or whatever, because apparently they wouldn't have any of it themselves.

I've had a lot of bad experiences with people; perhaps you've been lucky. It's just hard for me to trust people, but once they've earned my trust I can be one of the best friends they ever had. I know that probably doesn't show much here. :lol:
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts